Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Pauline says Chase doesn’t get past Fins at 3.

But here's the thing. You want Sewell to replace Jackson at LT because Jackson is not as good as Sewell which I get that. but then you want to move Jackson who played LT with a left handed QB to RT where he'd be protecting his blind side. So my question is this and I'm not being sassy here......if you feel Jackson is good enough to protect Tua's blind side, then why isn't he good enough to protect the front side?

Offenses are right handed. Regardless what hand the qb throws, the RT has a tight end to the right. And defenses line up their best pass rusher against the left tackle. The LT is suppose to be more agile and faster. Tony boseli was drafted to play left for the jaguars and Brunel was a lefty. The blindside argument is a myth.

Flowers will probably be gone after this year but they still got money in him now and they know kindley can play either guard position at least as depth.

they don’t really have a active on Sunday spot for anything else. Nor do they really have a need.

but I betcha flowers is plan a going in for 2021

either do something at center or do something at right tackle and kick Hunt inside where imo he belongs anyways. Or do both.

I just don’t think they will do both.

im fine witb that. But they don’t need to be moving jackson and miscasting him. He’s a left tackle. Don’t screw it up.

I don’t know much about teven Jenkins or which side he’s played but if I’m doing anything it’s drafting a center and kicking Hunt inside with a real right tackle foot athlete.

they got a lot of money in flowers though so I’d be surprised if he didn’t win left guard in camp. And kindley looks like long term depth to me anyways. His effort offsets the athlete to an extent but it was starting to show up. Kinda reverted to the mean over the course of the season.

but here’s what I think they probably will do. Stick with status quo sign karras back maybe on a one year and draft that meinerz kid later to develop. Bet on development of the kids in year 2 jackson and Hunt primary. Have davis for at least active depth with 4 position versatility in a pinch etc. If they let karras go maybe they pluck humphrey for a capable starting option out the gate. Pick 50 pick 80 the atblete ain’t nothing great in fact I think he lost some junior to senior year gaining weight for the pros. Pick 50 might even be rich given that.

that meinerz kid looked pretty good in 1 on 1s a little over aggressive at times and he has to learn you can’t take guys to the ground at the next level they will call that but he’s real interesting and I’ve heard they really were impressed. Just have to be careful with senior bowl small school stand outs and not able to transfer it over to nfl games. Seen a lot of it before. He’s quick and they got to love that disposition and effort thru the whistle

Jenkins played RT at OK St and looks best suited there. Physical and quick.

i will check it out. I’ve looked at radunz more he’s ok senior bowl 1 on 1s he was ok right tackle I don’t need great but I didn’t see anything that said pluck me top 20.

I really think if it’s a right tackle we don’t need to be taking it top 20 in this class. This tackle class that I’ve seen ain’t that good.

Austin Jackson would be the second tackle off in this class had he stayed in school imo. Slaters got really good feet and technique but he just doesn’t have the length so teams might see him more inside.

Jackson imo would be a top 10 pick in this class as a left tackle stayed in school. I fully believe that

Offenses are right handed. Regardless what hand the qb throws, the RT has a tight end to the right. And defenses line up their best pass rusher against the left tackle. The LT is suppose to be more agile and faster. Tony boseli was drafted to play left for the jaguars and Brunel was a lefty. The blindside argument is a myth.
well, if you think it's a myth then it doesn't matter which side Jackson plays.....the question is, why do you think he has to be replaced?

you don’t worry about the system translation in terms of the pass sets from the Oklahoma state offense? I haven’t looked at their stuff in a while but there was a time where what they asked guys to do didn’t really translate to the pro level well. Of course the nfl runs a lot more college concepts these days anyways but still...

guess I should wait til I look at the player 😂

Oh and don’t pay Corey linsley who is gonna be wrong side of 30 in October $12 mil a year or something. We don’t need to be doing that.

we don’t need to be signing any rb to any $45 mil pact either draft that and you control it 4 years for dirt but that’s another conversation

well, if you think it's a myth then it doesn't matter which side Jackson plays.....the question is, why do you think he has to be replaced?

The line would technically be more balanced with him on the right hand side with hunt at rg. But what if opposing teams were to intentionally exploit a weaker blocker? Either how one thing that is never talk about is the placement of the hand at the line of scrimmage. If Sewell feels more comfortable playing on the left side and Jackson stays right at the end of the day the team determines that. But the blindside has nothing to do with who plays left or right.

you don’t worry about the system translation in terms of the pass sets from the Oklahoma state offense? I haven’t looked at their stuff in a while but there was a time where what they asked guys to do didn’t really translate to the pro level well. Of course the nfl runs a lot more college concepts these days anyways but still...

guess I should wait til I look at the player 😂

RT here. I think you see enough stuff that translates. Good base, good awareness, anchors, finishes blocks. Think you'd have a physical ride side with him and Hunt.

For the record, I gave my Sister a few choices with the 3rd pick and she went with trade out.....
Lets wait till April to see who is right....

ps.... my Sister does not watch football

i wish i could see what alot of others see in chase. i take smith and waddle over him. not saying he isnt good, but imo the other two are better.
Did you watch LSU's title season?

Is there any other job that screams fake business than NFL Draft rumor guy?

I want to give him credit for coming up with the name Tony Pauline, if that's his fake name.

I plan on taking my fake business to the cricket league of India where I will be known as Rafi Gofukyurself...

RT here. I think you see enough stuff that translates. Good base, good awareness, anchors, finishes blocks. Think you'd have a physical ride side with him and Hunt.

that definitely looks like a right tackle. I don’t see any issues with the ask transferring either. Hard to tell on that cause it’s so far away but his redirect does look a little suspect to me. Id like to see more close ups of his feet etc. like tbe awareness

Pick 36 yeah maybe. See what else I can find on him

can you please explain why you would take him over the other two. I just dont see him getting separation. he is strong at the point of attack and good with the ball in hands. but his separation at the next level concerns me. when you watch him against nfl talent corners he usually only wins bc of his physicality. we need guys that can separate. I appreciate it in advance
Sure, let's actually start in reverse. There have been a LOT of WR's who were successful in college without the mass to succeed in the NFL. Guys like Tavon Austin who have simply been manhandled because they were too skinny and despite absolutely elite separation skills, quickness, and speed, were utterly useless at the NFL level. Generally there's a minimum weight/muscle mass of at least 185 lbs. Typically, the taller you are, the more muscle mass you require, which is why someone like Tyreek Hill can get by with less muscle mass than someone like Mike Evans. Davonta Smith is 6'1, which is on the taller side, but he's probably closer to 165 than even 175. Now, hopefully he's trying to add 25 or 30 lbs. of muscle to his frame, but that's a LOT of muscle and probably will significantly affect his speed and quickness. But, without it, he's likely to be manhandled and rendered far less effective as a pro.

Simply put, Ja'Marr Chase at 6'0 and 208 lbs. is a beast who is likely not going to have a problem with the extremely physical nature of NFL CB's, so his game translates to the pros far better than smaller, skinnier guys like Davonta Smith, Jalen Waddle, or Rondale Moore (who is majorly injury-prone). Simply put, if any of these guys could duplicate their collegiate success at the NFL level they'd be absolutely stellar NFL prospects. My preference is for the kid whose physical profile and skill set most reliably projects to the NFL level.

We saw it just last year with Henry Ruggs III, who was the first WR selected, yet was not as good as 2nd rounders who were bigger like Chase Claypool and Tee Higgins. When Odell Beckham Jr. exploded it hailed a victory for the smallish fast WR, but Beckham was 5'11 and 200 lbs. He wasn't really small. Most NFL receivers are at least 190 lbs., and at 200, Beckham was big enough to endure the physicality of the league. Smith is listed at 175 lbs ... and really he's closer to 165 at his Alabama playing weight, which is what you see on film. If Smith could do what he does at 200 lbs., I'd be 100% on board with him ... but the projection is that he can not. Thus we will not see the play that won him the accolades in college.

Ja'Marr Chase's 2019 film is unbelievable, he shows speed and acceleration in pads, run after catch elusiveness, great hands, physical strength at the catch point, good understanding of space in routes and after the catch, and durability. He's strong and thick, so he can make the jump up in competition. It's not that the film of Smith isn't spectacular to watch .... it's just that it's not representative of the NFL. It's a bunch of skinny kids who only spend a few hours a day working on their craft as they grow into their bodies. The NFL is full of guys who devote 10 hours a day every day for years into their craft, and have bodies that are rock freakin' solid of pure muscle, and all of them are bigger and faster than the guys in college ... and in the NFL, they think the game many times faster and more complex and holistically than the kids in college. Defenses are complex and QB's don't have time to let a WR play games vs. a weak CB. Chase can consistently win, giving his QB a window on time within the framework of an offense.

Hope that explains why I'm so high on Ja'Marr Chase as compared to all the other prospects.

i will check it out. I’ve looked at radunz more he’s ok senior bowl 1 on 1s he was ok right tackle I don’t need great but I didn’t see anything that said pluck me top 20.

I really think if it’s a right tackle we don’t need to be taking it top 20 in this class. This tackle class that I’ve seen ain’t that good.

Austin Jackson would be the second tackle off in this class had he stayed in school imo. Slaters got really good feet and technique but he just doesn’t have the length so teams might see him more inside.

Jackson imo would be a top 10 pick in this class as a left tackle stayed in school. I fully believe that
What did jackson show you this year or his last college season that makes u say that ?

Back
Top Bottom