Too much Rogers IMO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Too much Rogers IMO

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
from Dolphins' Rogers seeks big role -- even at 5-9, 180

Coach Dave Wannstedt said the Dolphins will ''have a little package for him every week and hope to get him eight or 10 offensive plays, whether it be at running back or receiver,'' providing Rogers makes the team, which is likely.

Offensive coordinator Norv Turner has developed some of those packages already, with Rogers working out of the backfield on passing downs.

who is he replacing - Ricky :confused: or McMichael. And if it was on passing downs, then he w/b covered by a nickel back. If it was on running downs and he replaced Ricky, I would go to 5 DBs if I was the opposing DC. Unless we can slip in there, he will either have to prove he can run the ball (as good as RW ?) or he will not get that LB coverage they are hoping for.

I thought we were done w/this experient and ricky was gonna have a huge year combined by adding lots of catches on 3rd down

Originally posted by dolphan39
from Dolphins' Rogers seeks big role -- even at 5-9, 180

who is he replacing - Ricky :confused: or McMichael. And if it was on passing downs, then he w/b covered by a nickel back. If it was on running downs and he replaced Ricky, I would go to 5 DBs if I was the opposing DC. Unless we can slip in there, he will either have to prove he can run the ball (as good as RW ?) or he will not get that LB coverage they are hoping for.

I thought we were done w/this experient and ricky was gonna have a huge year combined by adding lots of catches on 3rd down

All you say is true, but the object of the game is to score points any way you can. Ricky can not be our only offensive weapon. It wouldn't matter to me if RW only gains 50 yds/game as long as we win. If Rogers can give us another weapon than utilize him.

Charlie Rogers is useless...if Wanny's smart he'll succeed where we failed and cut him before the regular season

Nah, we'll put him in a good special teams unit with a scheme similar to the one he ran in Seattle. Charlie said it himself, square peg in a round hole up in Buffalo.

As for getting in on offense, I don't see that happening but maybe a few times all year.

Originally posted by Muck
Nah, we'll put him in a good special teams unit with a scheme similar to the one he ran in Seattle. Charlie said it himself, square peg in a round hole up in Buffalo.

our special teams improved alot over the year last season...in Week 2 he returned a kick and that's when we were in shambles...the ST improved later on and he didn't produce....but hey, who knows

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

our special teams improved alot over the year last season...in Week 2 he returned a kick and that's when we were in shambles...the ST improved later on and he didn't produce....but hey, who knows

Buffalo and Miami use different blocking schemes on ST. The belief is that Rogers will perform better in Miami's scheme b/c it is similar to Seattle's.

Back
Top Bottom