Top 10 All-Time Individual Miami Dolphins Super Bowl Performances | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 All-Time Individual Miami Dolphins Super Bowl Performances

I remember the 49ers going to a 4-2-5 defense, and still rushing four, not three. Basically a nickel look, with one of the LBs being a hybrid LB/DB, but still rushing 4 down linemen. They only sacked him 4 times, but applied a LOT of pressure and knock-downs. Marino wasn't used to seeing that kind of heat.
Keena Turner was the hybrid. What a dynamic LB he was. You may be right - I think they mixed it up and at times had 7 DBs in. There were definitely some looks we should have been able to run against but couldn’t - so frustrating as their guys were splitting double teams and getting to our backs in the backfield. And yes, Marino couldn’t step into a lot of his throws. Like Mahomes last night in the first 3 quarters. Difference was Jimmy G and co couldn’t put the game away while Montana and company just kept scoring.

I knew they were good, but before that SF had played Cincinnati twice and both games went down to the wire.

In my mind, I thought Miami was a much stronger team than those Bengals squads and it was the 49ers first real super bowl challenge.

Shula, as you mentioned, made the right adjustments but Miami just couldn't get the running game going.
No disrespect intended-
Cincinnati did lose to SF after the 1981 season, then again after the 1988 season.
We lost 1984

Back
Top Bottom