Top 10 Positions of Need | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 Positions of Need

I am not counting Gaskin, Essentially I think Duke Johnson is your RB1 and Gaskin your RB2. With that thinking and an upgraded line, I drop RB into the 3rd and below range.

I must caveat, I am one of those fans that never want my team to use premium assets on a RB.
No way for me. We draft a RB1 have Duke as RB2 and draft another short yard back. I need to see more than 2-3 games from Duke to hand him RB1. Don't get me wrong, Duke killed it but I'm not betting the farm on him. Gaskin, isn't a number 2. Nor is Ahmed. We need a powerful running game.

No way for me. We draft a RB1 have Duke as RB2 and draft another short yard back. I need to see more than 2-3 games from Duke to hand him RB1. Don't get me wrong, Duke killed it but I'm not betting the farm on him. Gaskin, isn't a number 2. Nor is Ahmed. We need a powerful running game.

I'm not as confident. were I HC, I'd find a big angry RB and let him and Duke fight it out. I can paint scenarios where either could be successful. I agree on Gaskin and Ahmed, though I could see Gaskin sticking for passing downs. I'd still like to see what Doaks has. Laird is dead man walking

Watching the playoffs especially buffalo, has told me we are deficient in multiple areas. We are a decade away from competing for the afc east crown for sure and possible a wildcard. We have some young pieces but we need help up and down the roster. Glaring holes: rb and 5 starters on the oline. About 2 starting wr. Defense is serviceable. A whole coaching staff. Maybe a new kicker, we are set at cb and safety. Even with that buffalo will have a strangle hold on the division for a long time barring major injury to allen. I didnt add qb but that position is also a major question mark
Decade away LOL. We were one game from the playoffs two years in a row with this crappy line and other poor to middling players taking up over 1/2 of the roster. Get a grip on the negativity.

Decade away LOL. We were one game from the playoffs two years in a row with this crappy line and other poor to middling players taking up over 1/2 of the roster. Get a grip on the negativity.
Are you honestly saying this dolphins team can beat the chiefs, buffalo,cinci etc? Cmon man. Yea we could have sneaked in but then loose by 30 in the first round. No way are we beating out Buffalo for the afc east. Did you see what they did to us last few times we played them? We are in a different weight class

1. OT is the obvious and most important need. Jesse Davis is a willing back up.
2. WR is next. With Preston Williams disappearing after his Lis Franc injury, and DVP a study in muscle injuries, we desperately need a X receiver who'll play.
3. RB. I believe the plan was always to bring in a RB after everything else was in place because of their short shelf life. It's time.
4. Inside Linebacker. I wish we would have gone Parsons last year, and then taken Amon Ra St. Brown in place of Waddle. I was sky high on St. Brown... so was Detroit.
5/6. Center/Edge...

That’s fine too. But either way I would not look at spending higher than a 3rd or good money to a RB in FA. Value just isn’t there.

Are you honestly saying this dolphins team can beat the chiefs, buffalo,cinci etc? Cmon man. Yea we could have sneaked in but then loose by 30 in the first round. No way are we beating out Buffalo for the afc east. Did you see what they did to us last few times we played them? We are in a different weight class
No, but to say they are 10 years away from that is ridiculous. Were Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Herbert, Burrow, etc. even in HS ten years ago? Look what their emergence and fellow newer players have done for their teams. Quit with the hyperbole.

Being there are 22 starters plus kicker and punter, you're asking what are the areas of need most for almost half the team. lol

Being there are 22 starters plus kicker and punter, you're asking what are the areas of need most for almost half the team. lol
If you think the team Miami has now is good enough, then so be it. Asking for a top ten list doesn't nessarily mean they will add ten new players next season...or maybe they will. I could have asked for 2, 3, 4 positions that needed upgraded, but then it wouldn't have been a Top 10 List. Signed, David Letterman

Mirage. Contender to make the playoff and playoff contender are 2 different things. Yes we could have backed into the playoffs but we would have gotten our doors blown off. Tua is not ready to lead us to a playoff victory. That question remains unanswered
Agreed, Hell Pittsburgh weren’t playoff contenders either lol

No, but to say they are 10 years away from that is ridiculous. Were Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Herbert, Burrow, etc. even in HS ten years ago? Look what their emergence and fellow newer players have done for their teams. Quit with the hyperbole.
I am comparing them to the teams they have to beat. Those teams are very young. Those qbs are going to be around for a long time. Look at the way this team is and has been managed. Look back 10 years. Have we gotten better or worse. You can easily say worse. When was the last time we won a playoff game? Now look at the state of the team compared to the competition In the afc and how those teams are managed . Take all those as a whole and tell me we are less than ten years away from getting into the playoffs much less winning a playoff game. Has this management and owner given you any inkling that they are capable of turning this around? We all drink the coolaid at the start of every season till about 4 games in then complete collapse. I will always be a fan but my rose colored glasses are completely off

If you think the team Miami has now is good enough, then so be it. Asking for a top ten list doesn't nessarily mean they will add ten new players next season...or maybe they will. I could have asked for 2, 3, 4 positions that needed upgraded, but then it wouldn't have been a Top 10 List. Signed, David Letterman
LOL Yes, a David Letterman list would be good with this team right about now.

No, Miami is far from "good enough".

T
G
X
MLB
Big RB
Development QB to push Tua
DE depth
KR
Punter
Joker Defender if available

Back