Top 10 Positions of Need | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 Positions of Need

1. Head Coach with an Offensive mindset.
2. Quality O Line coach.
3. Experienced O Lineman - LG and LT.
4. WR x 2. Need an Alpha male WR and a complimentary WR - Corp should be Waddle, Burks, Parker, Hollins, Ridley?
5. ILB x 2. Someone who can stuff the run, then stuff it some more.
6. Cow Bell RB, then have Johnson and Lindsay as 2 & 3.
7. One (1), single, Not 2, just 1 Offensive Co-Ordinator.
8. CB
9. Draft a Centre
10. Prayers for Tua.

That’s fine too. But either way I would not look at spending higher than a 3rd or good money to a RB in FA. Value just isn’t there.
We don't need to make any trades. This draft is packed full of RB talent. I think there are 10 solid RBs this draft.
Imo, Gaskin and Ahmed gotta go, they can't break a tackle. I'd keep Lindsay on PS.

Obviously who we get as HC and the rest of the staff is right up there in importance but just focusing on the roster I think we need to invest 80% of our resources into the offense with the only exception being a stud linebacker or two or maybe another rusher and just one LB. The rest of our ammo has to go into this offense, it's imperative we determine if Tua is the QB for this team long-term this next year and before the 2023 draft when we have 2 first round picks to potentially make a move at QB if needed and we're only going to get a real feel for that by providing all the things that have been lacking. A tackle and center seem like a must, likely even two tackles as many are suggesting. I feel like we can get production at guard from existing guys (not that I wouldn't like another guard but with limited resources this is the one spot on the line we maybe can make do).

With the line in shape I think next priority is a game changing RB. I won't be upset if we address WR first as that is the next need but this team desperately needs a real running threat that defenses have to respect which should open things up better for Tua and the passing game. A strong running attack just seems like a must at this point if we hope to finish seasons strong down the stretch in the crappy weather we will have to deal with in the AFC East and in the playoffs once we finally get back. That running game and controlling the clock will also help our usually tired defense, keep them off the field and control the clock. That's how we are going to beat teams like Buffalo.

But the WR's need to be overhauled as well. We have one stud and then just a few useful pieces like Hollins. The others just aren't good or can't be depended on to stay healthy. Also, if short to intermediate passing game is our strength we need guys who can deliver the proverbial "separation" and get open on those type of routes ala the success the Patriots had with Welker and then Edleman. These guys can typically be found later in drafts as well.

Finally, hard to underestimate what a quality backup QB means to a team and ours in particular with Tua who has missed games each of the last 2 years and who's durability is questionable. A better backup this year and we likely squeak into the playoffs.

So by my count if getting 10 players:

2 Defense
3 O-line
2 RB and 2 WR or,
1 RB and 3 WR
Backup QB

2 - high end Tackles in Free Agency
LB - 1st round of draft
WR - one in Free Agency and 1 in 2nd round of draft
RB - draft a Derrick Henry type in the 3rd round
C - draft one in the 4th to compete with Dieter
QB - draft a good prospect in later rounds - prototypical size with a good arm
DL
CB
Best Player available for the rest

I think if we wait until round 3 to get a back, 4-5 backs will have gone in round 2. Our current MO is to attempt to draft a back the round after they are projected to go. That isnt working out well.

Back
Top Bottom