Top-10 worst wide receiver corps: Teams that need serious help in the 2021 NFL draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top-10 worst wide receiver corps: Teams that need serious help in the 2021 NFL draft

If Wilson returns at full health and Parker and Williams can avoid injury, with Fuller and Bowden as the top 5 WR’s right now, the rating makes sense.

Yet at the end of last year, Bowden was promoted from the practice squad and Parker played while dealing with another hamstring issue. Otherwise none of the other top five receivers listed were on the team or in Williams case he was on IR.

So they might be #8 right now but over the last month of the 2020 season, they were the worst WR Corp in the NFL. They need to add an elite receiver at 6 and if they can stay mostly healthy in 2021, they should take a giant leap forward in the ratings.
They were the worst because of injury, not talent, so along with the new weapons Miami will be getting, Miami needs to stay healthy.

If they can do that, Miami's Receiving Corp could go from 8th worst, to one of the scariest.

Credit where credit is due, Grier got the Fins out of the bottom 5 by signing Fuller.
Yeah... the WR as currently constructed (a certain top draft pick can always change this) could either be decent. Or one tall blade of grass away from forcing us to start Hurns, Wilson and Mack Hollins.

Yeah... the WR as currently constructed (a certain top draft pick can always change this) could either be decent. Or one tall blade of grass away from forcing us to start Hurns, Wilson and Mack Hollins.
As long as that top draft pick doesn’t bust like the Pats’ K’Neal Harry - and the pundits still have them an A++++++ for that pick!!!

That is why I started the sentence with IF. Of course if the Dolphins draft one of the top three WR’s they can always play him in the slot, with Fuller and Parker as the starting wideouts.
That would leave Williams and Bowden as the 4th and 5th WR’s and hopefully one of the other half dozen WR’s they have on the roster can win the 6th WR position.

I hope Wilson can return and be the WR he was before he was injured in 2019 but even if he isn’t fully healthy and doesn’t make the team, I feel better about the WR position by just having Fuller on the roster than I felt at any time last season.

As long as that top draft pick doesn’t bust like the Pats’ K’Neal Harry - and the pundits still have them an A++++++ for that pick!!!
I laughed when they drafted Harry. I saw nothing out of him. Called that flop a mile away.

I fin
In rd1?

I agree that our WR situation may not be as horrible as is being portrayed by many here, but I also think we have to look down the road.

Fuller is a one year deal. Wilson, if he makes the roster, is in his final year.

We really should draft a wideout, though I am fine if it's day 2.

I find I'm fairly indifferent as to whom we pick at different spots in the draft, as long as the FO gets players who by both skill set and playing position improve our team the most.

Most important to me will be getting another good center. I don't care who we pick or when we pick him. I just want to see good center play this year and next year without needing to draft at that position for a while.

I want to see as much Offensive improvement as possible without neglecting the Defense.

I'm more interested in seeing who we pick then I am telling them who to pick.

Less then 2 weeks till the draft starts. Tomorrow the draft will be 2 weeks from closing.

Then we will see some incredible trades getting made. This is going to be a great beginning to our new season, accompanied by a flood of "Lemming " laments!

I'm already smiling. - LOL

The writer seemed to be suggesting that the Dolphins ONLY needed a #1 receiver and the rest of the roster was fine.

I concur.

I guess this is just another way of telling us that we need help at WR?........We all know that.

Back
Top Bottom