Top 10 WRs - 2022 NFL Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 WRs - 2022 NFL Draft

I don’t post That as an indictment on Treylon Burks. I think it does confirms some of the rumors about his health and his underwhelming workouts. They’ll get him in shape teach him to be a pro and he’ll be murder for Tennessee. I think Henry had similar issues his rookie year if I remember correctly

I don’t post That as an indictment on Treylon Burks. I think it does confirms some of the rumors about his health and his underwhelming workouts. They’ll get him in shape teach him to be a pro and he’ll be murder for Tennessee. I think Henry had similar issues his rookie year if I remember correctly

Yeah, this is the area (along with knee concerns) that made me bump Wilson above Burks. I have them WR1 and WR2, and I've had them as the top 2 since early '21. Think I had them 6th and 7th overall, and I'm not worried about Burks' athletic ability. I agree that he'll figure it out. He had a strangely bad draft process, but he has the frame and talent to dominate. He's proven it by pwning SEC secondaries that know he's Arkansas's most talented weapon by some margin.

I don't know enough to know if discipline is a real concern. I hope it isn't, and I'll bet on that kind of talent more often than not.

Burks hunts wild hogs with a knife. That’s good enough for me if he never made it through a practice.

After the coin toss, just throw it to him and you’ll probably be ok.

Sometimes it just takes a while for players to get acclimated. He’s probably never even heard of cardio. Dead serious.

All Ja’Marr Chase did was drop every single pass that hit him in the hands all preseason.

These guys tend to know when it’s time to play. They slip inside the booth and put their cape on.

He may never be a polished technician of a route runner but the fact remains that he is terribly hard to deal with once he has the ball in his hands.

Tenn will surely find ways to get him the ball.

You could worry that his bad pre draft performance shows a lack of preparedness and "professionalism" that might show up in his work ethic as a Pro but that is what the interviews are for.I am sure teams talked to his coaches to see what kind of practice player he was and how hard he worked in the weight room etc....

@Pachyderm_Wave do you agree with the draftniks who are touting Ezukanma as a discount Burks? I. E. RAC type players who ran limited trees and didn’t play in traditional offenses that the defense focused on?

I’ve watched some Ezukanma after Phins drafted him and didn’t see that level of ferocity, size, physicality, or raw explosion.

Was interested in your perspective. Forgive if you’ve already posted.

@Pachyderm_Wave do you agree with the draftniks who are touting Ezukanma as a discount Burks? I. E. RAC type players who ran limited trees and didn’t play in traditional offenses that the defense focused on?

I’ve watched some Ezukanma after Phins drafted him and didn’t see that level of ferocity, size, physicality, or raw explosion.

Was interested in your perspective. Forgive if you’ve already posted.

Well he’s not Treylon Burks, but I don’t think it’s terribly far off. I can see where they’re coming from with it, but there are better comparisons to be made.

EE was always an overlooked talent and underrated physical specimen among the draft community in general.

He’s probably going to surprise a few people that didn’t know who he was. I thought he was a better talent in the long run than a few receivers that were drafted way ahead of him like John Metchie and Wandale Robinson.

Well he’s not Treylon Burks, but I don’t think it’s terribly far off. I can see where they’re coming from with it, but there are better comparisons to be made.

EE was always an overlooked talent and underrated physical specimen among the draft community in general.

He’s probably going to surprise a few people that didn’t know who he was. I thought he was a better talent in the long run than a few receivers that were drafted way ahead of him like John Metchie and Wandale Robinson.
Appreciate the reply. Thought it was a curious selection in the moment, as I preferred Zach Tom, but putting all the pieces together you can make the picture make sense.

Phins finally have depth in the receiver room.

Speaking of steals - how's the EE kid looking so far in camp?

Speaking of steals - how's the EE kid looking so far in camp?

Reports are ok he had a long touchdown yesterday supposedly. Only a couple videos have come out including him that I’ve tracked one was a dagger concept from a bunch look he dropped in front of the safety. Yesterday he was the 2 receiver on a smash concept and tua threw him a beautiful ball from the far hash. I’d say he’s battling for 4th on the depth chart. Should get some passing set looks this year certainly.

Reports are ok he had a long touchdown yesterday supposedly. Only a couple videos have come out including him that I’ve tracked one was a dagger concept from a bunch look he dropped in front of the safety. Yesterday he was the 2 receiver on a smash concept and tua threw him a beautiful ball from the far hash. I’d say he’s battling for 4th on the depth chart. Should get some passing set looks this year certainly.
I think he's helped make Preston Williams expendable at this point.

I think he's helped make Preston Williams expendable at this point.

Agreed. Preston couldn’t separate himself when the room included Hollins Bowden Hurns Ford I mean u won’t come across a more bare WR room than that. Good player as a UDFA wasn’t the same after the injury

Back
Top Bottom