Top 4 FAs to pick up? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 4 FAs to pick up?

Conklin and Scherff would be top of my list. Then probably Van Noy and Byron Jones. I mean that’s like pipe dream type signings and all 4 would be crazy expensive

Starting to really like the prospect of signing Justin Simmons

@j-off-her-doll have you followed his career much since going pro?? I mostly remember you being pretty high on the dude pre-draft, and I think he's turned out decent, but curious what ya thnk
I’m not J but I did lobby for both Justin Simmons and Joe Schobert..

Predraft about Justin..

“Justin Simmons is good...Long and wiry but the size does not affect his athletic ability, he's quick in and around blocks, not that fast but makes up speed with good angles, isn't afraid to come up and tackle, at the next level he'll get run over a few times here and there just because of that rangy size and frame, id like to see him play a bit more free and aggressive, I dont want him coming to the next level thinking that he just needs to play a center field type of ball, he would be a nice skill set to pair with an elite strong safety..He seems smart..we need someone that will communicate well and allow reshad to be free.

looks like a 2nd, 3rd round pick..pretty high ceiling though, versatile.”

“wish we would of taken Justin Simmons a couple years ago out of Boston college..steal of a player”.

Conklin and Scherff would be top of my list. Then probably Van Noy and Byron Jones. I mean that’s like pipe dream type signings and all 4 would be crazy expensive

I don’t believe there is any way the pats let go of van noy, he’s a great player..who plays the right way with great versatility.

I don’t believe there is any way the pats let go of van noy, he’s a great player..who plays the right way with great versatility.
Yeah I agree that’s why that was my Pipe dream scenario. But with that being said pats will not overpay for FA’s, so there may be opportunity if teams are offering big deals to his agent for him to get to open market

For the most part... if the Pat's are unwilling to pay what a player wants... then I am unwilling to pay that price.

For the most part... if the Pat's are unwilling to pay what a player wants... then I am unwilling to pay that price.
As a rule, I would agree, but if they have developed a player, and have him waiting in the wings, they wouldn't hesitate to go with the cheaper option.

Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons!!!!!

Just kidding. Chris Jones or Arik Armstead. Or both.

Byron Jones and Brian Poole/ Or Eli Apple and draft Troy Pride// Or Eli Apple,Brian Poole and draft Troy Pride jr.

Of course Joe Thuney!! And trade for Trent Williams!!!

Screw 4 to helllll, sign 8. People aren't realizing just how much 140 mil in cap room can buy. You can break free agency records and still roll over a ship-load of cap room.

The coming Dolphin Off-Season will be unprecedented.

Get your head around it!

It will be like nothing anyone has ever seen.

And 2021 will be a smaller version of 2020 but will, in itself, also be profound.

If?????????????????????????????????????? Chris Grier remains GM, it could all be for naught.

Pray for a miracle in Chris's life, or pray for a new GM; because as it is..........Grier has an entire career of horrible decisions, from scout,to head of college scouting, to assistant GM, to GM, he has been an abysmal failure. He could destroy the whole wonderful rebuild that this organization has needed for a long,long time.

I think 2020 will be a huge free agency year in the master game plan....after that not so much.

2020 they will lay the foundation without risking any compensatory picks as they won’t lose anybody...that will be somewhat true to a lesser degree in 2021.

the model is Too eventually let most of your draft picks go after the first contract and reload with compensatory picks.

Whatever goes down they d'd'da-am well better center their acquisitions and draft around containing Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes, because this year is the last of the Patriots dominance.

A big help would be a physically dominating o-line and power running game to keep Jackson and Mahomes on the bench. Add a vertical passing game with a quick-strike capability, and you've got a playoff-caliber offense. In other words, do the exact opposite of what Philbin and Gase wanted to do!

I would get a running back, maybe Derrick Henry. Two offensive linemen, the best available in free agency whoever that may be.

Amari Cooper if Dallas can't sign him.
If you sign Cooper who is invisible/inconsistent some games, who do you cut? I think Parker and Williams could make a great duo next year!

If you sign Cooper who is invisible/inconsistent some games, who do you cut? I think Parker and Williams could make a great duo next year!
Well, unless Wilson reworks his contract, he is probably gone, but even so, we have more pressing needs than WR.

Well, unless Wilson reworks his contract, he is probably gone, but even so, we have more pressing needs than WR.
I like wilson but he is not same player he used too be. All depend on. Draft.

Back
Top Bottom