Top 4 FAs to pick up? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 4 FAs to pick up?

Matt Breida
Yannick Ngakoue
Marcus Peters
Jack Conklin

Nobody over the age of 30.

Thuney and Conklin are musts, and still young. Scherff i think has an injury history.

We only need one guard anyway, as Boehm is good

My wish list.

Chris Jones(beast when in the 3-4)
Joe Thuney
Kareem Hunt/Breida
And maybe another LB like Kwiatkoski.

*If Dolphins are set to take a QB in 1st round to start then add Castonzo or trade for Trent Williams.

Then add in depth guys like Joe Looney(C/G) who can legit push guys for a starting role at center for example.

Hasn't Conklin been the definition of mediocre since he got busted for PEDs?

Good motto to live by in a rebuild
I dont think it would be a huge deal. For example, Castonzo (or unlikely, Trent Williams) .... just a vet here or there as a band aid to give our new QB someone we know will be solid.

Could draft someone to develop behind the vet

But, I wouldn’t be going out signing a ton of old dudes. OL (can) play well still in their later years

What 4 positions or specific players would you prioritize this off season?

I think Castonzo, LT from the Colts will shake free. The Colts lost Luck and Brissette is also injured and a FA. I see them getting a retooling. I don't see them paying top dollar for a 32 yo LT at this point. I want Castonzo because I want a functional offense around whoever we trot out under center next year. I don't want wasted years evaluating whether a guy is good or not.

Joe Thuney of course. Devin McCourty and Logan Ryan.

First pick has to be either Young or a QB.

I use this preface every once in a while . . . I try not to give an opinion (unless clearly started). I try to anticipate what Gase and staff will do - our opinions count for no more than a dead rat.
I think Gase and staff will place top priority on OL Edge, CB - not required to be in that order. I don't see a FA QB. Names - I have no idea. I doubt they'll go for THE top FA at any position and, likely, not the 2nd rated FA unless all variables fall in to place. More likely, they'll fill as many holes as possible with quality players.
Tangentially, I hope someone with too much time provides a list of FAs ranked by 'likely to be resigned' to "as good as gone' and the market (e.g., high demand for position X).

Arik Armstead should be at the top of everyone's list. I think he's a perfect fit for this defense.

Also need to sign 2 BIG free agent offensive linemen and a couple more rotational type linemen.

There should be a few safeties on the open market and I expect Miami to sign 2-3 safeties.

Would also expect a corner or two.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Miami signed a rotational tight end.

Could also use a linebacker or two. Joe Schoebert from Cleveland or Blake Martinez from Green Bay.

Back
Top Bottom