Top 4 FAs to pick up? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 4 FAs to pick up?

A vet RB to compete with rookie draft pick. (Cut Ballage)

A vet Tackle to compete with Davenport and Prince for third tackle duties. (Yes, I want to draft two OTs)

A solid Safety to start. (Cut Jones)

A solid starting Guard.

Worth reporting… I know that some folks had mentioned him.

Frustration boiled over for the Jaguars:
DE Yannick Ngakoue and C Brandon Linder were seen having a face-to-face, toe-to-toe exchange and had to be separated at the beginning of the open locker room period after loss.

My only concern would be who or what caused this.

This is a serious black eye for the coaching staff, especially since it happened during press availability time and not behind closed doors.

To a certain extent, I can understand the frustration of losing, but one of these two men took it out on a teammate rather than a locker door or sink.

I struggle with that... and hope it was the other guy.

Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons!!!!!

Just kidding. Chris Jones or Arik Armstead. Or both.

Byron Jones and Brian Poole/ Or Eli Apple and draft Troy Pride// Or Eli Apple,Brian Poole and draft Troy Pride jr.

Of course Joe Thuney!! And trade for Trent Williams!!!

Screw 4 to helllll, sign 8. People aren't realizing just how much 140 mil in cap room can buy. You can break free agency records and still roll over a ship-load of cap room.

The coming Dolphin Off-Season will be unprecedented.

Get your head around it!

It will be like nothing anyone has ever seen.

And 2021 will be a smaller version of 2020 but will, in itself, also be profound.

If?????????????????????????????????????? Chris Grier remains GM, it could all be for naught.

Pray for a miracle in Chris's life, or pray for a new GM; because as it is..........Grier has an entire career of horrible decisions, from scout,to head of college scouting, to assistant GM, to GM, he has been an abysmal failure. He could destroy the whole wonderful rebuild that this organization has needed for a long,long time.
yup, justin Simmons and Joe Schobert for our two defensive signings

I think this is at least a three year rebuild so I have no desire to see them sign any free agent who is 30 or over. Any free agents they sign should be young enough and talented enough to be part of the team by the time they are ready to legitimately contend for a playoff spot in 2022.

What 4 positions or specific players would you prioritize this off season?

I think Castonzo, LT from the Colts will shake free. The Colts lost Luck and Brissette is also injured and a FA. I see them getting a retooling. I don't see them paying top dollar for a 32 yo LT at this point. I want Castonzo because I want a functional offense around whoever we trot out under center next year. I don't want wasted years evaluating whether a guy is good or not.

Joe Thuney of course. Devin McCourty and Logan Ryan.

First pick has to be either Young or a QB.
I think Miami is going to be out of range for Young, unless he drops for some reason.

Herbert is look more and more likely.

Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons and Justin Simmons!!!!!

Just kidding. Chris Jones or Arik Armstead. Or both.

Byron Jones and Brian Poole/ Or Eli Apple and draft Troy Pride// Or Eli Apple,Brian Poole and draft Troy Pride jr.

Of course Joe Thuney!! And trade for Trent Williams!!!

Screw 4 to helllll, sign 8. People aren't realizing just how much 140 mil in cap room can buy. You can break free agency records and still roll over a ship-load of cap room.

The coming Dolphin Off-Season will be unprecedented.

Get your head around it!

It will be like nothing anyone has ever seen.

And 2021 will be a smaller version of 2020 but will, in itself, also be profound.

If?????????????????????????????????????? Chris Grier remains GM, it could all be for naught.

Pray for a miracle in Chris's life, or pray for a new GM; because as it is..........Grier has an entire career of horrible decisions, from scout,to head of college scouting, to assistant GM, to GM, he has been an abysmal failure. He could destroy the whole wonderful rebuild that this organization has needed for a long,long time.
Armstead would be nice. Miami needs to build that defensive line.

Whatever goes down they d'd'da-am well better center their acquisitions and draft around containing Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes, because this year is the last of the Patriots dominance.
Their are a couple of new Sheriffs in town, and they are hard as hail to to get to. You have the second coming of Mike Vick and a guy who throws with dead eye accuracy on a dead run going either way out of the pocket.

Traditional pass rushes aren't working on these guys when they are healthy. And then there is always Russell Wilson to be concerned about if you get to the Super Bowl.

First thing first! The AFC championship sooner rather than later.

Dolphins need extraordinary athletes at OLB/DE who can actually get to these QB's and bring them down, or at least hit them and disrupt the play. Taco Charlton and Jonathan Ledbetter types will not be effective against these elite mobile QB,s.

Think Chase Young and Julian Okwara.
Good point. Don't forget the importance of inside pressure though.

I’ll take scherff no doubt

I don’t want ngakouwe at a record breaking number

I want Ekeler as well but I want to pair him a rookie. Dobbins late second would be ideal

The only intrigue I see in signing multiple OL like scherff, thuney and Conklin is that it frees up early draft picks to use on defense

I think Miami is going to be out of range for Young, unless he drops for some reason.

Herbert is look more and more likely.
I hope not. If they can’t draft Burrow, which I doubt he will still be on the board or Tua later in the first round, I don’t want them to draft any of the other QB’s in the first round.

Perhaps they draft Hurts in the second round but I’m not sure if he will end up being a solid starter in the NFL. Yet I would rather they take a chance on Hurts instead of Herbert, Fromm, Love, Eason or any of the other QB’s who might be in the draft.

I just don’t see this being a strong QB draft after Burrow and a hopefully healthy Tua. They shouldn’t draft a QB unless they are convinced he can be a top tier QB for several years to come. In fact I would rather them go with Rosen next year if they don’t draft Burrow or Tua.

At minimum 2 Olineman, preferably at least one elite and one a good starter.
An "elite" OT would be nice, but I don't really see that as likely. First of all, with franchise tags, will any be available?

Second of all, even if there were, I don't believe we are going to spend 20 mil per on an O-lineman.

I agree with the organization's stated premise that 5 solid, assignment sound players is better than 1 big money / elite player, and three disasters.

Back
Top Bottom