Top 5 Coming into Focus | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Coming into Focus

caneaddict said:
You're saying Young has a weak arm, poor mechanics, is not accurate, and is not necessarily fast or agile for a running QB.

No one is as fast or agile as Vick. You don't need to be in order to force the defense to commit a spy and force the DE's to commit to not breaking containment (which frees up room for the RB's and WR's to be more productive). Young is VERY athletic from what I've seen. He has a very good arm and has thrown some remarkable passes. He's very big and strong so it's also very tough to wrap him up and sack him. Have you watched him this year?

If you have watched his games including Ohio State and ND then I guess we just have very different opinions on what we see.

While I didn't think highly of Young coming into the season (neither did most draft experts), his play this year has completely changed my mind. Others are clearly seeing some of the qualities I see because almost all updated draft boards I've seen that account for Juniors who may come out, have him rated very high. I'm not sure if he'll come out but if he does, I would say that depending on team needs he will go between 4-10 overall. I actually don't think he'll be around when we pick if he comes out but if he is, I would bet anything that Saban takes him.

No question, Vince Young have improved dramatically in one year. I think that says something about his work ethic. If he can continue to improve at the same rate than we are certainly talking about an elite prospect. I like him, but he has rough spots and would need to be nursed along much like Pittsburgh did with Kordell Stewart.

Buddwalk said:
IMO Vince Young most projects to Aaron Brooks in the NFL ;)

Other than both of them being black and Brooks having some mobility, I don't really see the comparison; can you explain?

kastofsna120 said:
no the question isn't whether YOU have watched him or not, it's whether you know WHAT you're watching. to quote jim mora:

"you think you know, but you don't know, and you never will"

Well apparently from what you are saying I don't know WHAT I am watching. I'm impressed by his throws, poise, mobility, leadership because I'm misunderstanding what I'm seeing. So is every major draft guru that has him ranked in the top 10. So are most of the GM's that have said he is special.

So have all the fans when they look like this after one of his plays:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Clearly the defenders don't know WHAT they are seeing because they usually walk away from the games praising him and his abilities.

Back
Top Bottom