Top 5 connections by air distance through Sunday of Week 10 | Guess who made the list? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 connections by air distance through Sunday of Week 10 | Guess who made the list?

That arm strength is directly related to an NFL QBs ability to throw 45 yards.

Every NFL QB (and major collegiate program QB for that matter) can easily throw a 45 yard pass, regardless of percieved "arm strength".

It was 45 yards, not 85 for crying out loud.

I get there is a lot of debate about Tua's "arm strength", but let's not be ridiculous, or purpously dismissive of reality, to prove one side or the other of the arguement.
No kidding... And the problem isnt even about Tua's arm strenght right now, its about how infrequently he does throw downfield... Now whether thats on Tua or the offensive strategy is outside of the scope of this post. But I will say this... Having a big arm's biggest advantage doesnt even have anything to do with throwing 30+ yards, we're talking about 1-2 throws a game. The big plus is you've got that extra zip to beat coverage in short medium...

I agree. Tua has an adequate NFL arm but 1 throw from week 10 that traveled 45 air yards doesn't show he has a cannon.

I dont think the OP is saying Tua has a cannon, im pretty sure hes pointing out that people shouldnt be downplaying Tuas ability to throw downfield. I admit Tua doesnt have a big arm as well.

That arm strength is directly related to an NFL QBs ability to throw 45 yards.

Every NFL QB (and major collegiate program QB for that matter) can easily throw a 45 yard pass, regardless of percieved "arm strength".

It was 45 yards, not 85 for crying out loud.

I get there is a lot of debate about Tua's "arm strength", but let's not be ridiculous, or purpously dismissive of reality, to prove one side or the other of the arguement.

Interesting, because the only false narrative at that time was the claim of false narratives.

Unless posts were deleted I didn't see, Anufan fan and I were the only ones to make a post (3 total) At that point.

Neither of us mentioned "arm strength" or "canon"

Actually the first person to mention both was you, I believe.

It's a false narrative to claim that someone claiming Tua has an "arm" is the same as claiming he has a "canon"

Anufan clearly stated later he doesn't think Tua has a canon. So he clearly was not pedaling a false narrative.

Me on the other hand? Me? Tua is an Adonis of a man who can do no wrong and Aaron Rodgers can only dream of having Tuas arm

Downfield “accurately”

That's the key.

Tua throws downfield more than people think. He did at a higher percentage than Fitz did.

The issue is he didn't connect on them. Hopefully that changes

For a guy that gets slammed for not having an arm. Tua, somehow, amongst all the starting QBs in the league made the top 5

Anyone with any common sense that watched him in college should know that right there is what Tua's game is mostly about, not the mega short pass game, not the intermediate game, but the long game every time it's there.

Give Tua an O-line that gives him the time for a Waddle to leave everyone in his rearview mirror, and teams will start screaming how unfair it is.

Don't get me wrong, this is the NFL, and even if Tua had a great O-line that consistently gave him 3+ sec on most downs, he still would not find receiver open consistently deep, but when they were, Tua more times then not, would see them, and would reward them.

Tua at times not seeing open receivers, and not being able to hit a receiver streaking free deep comes more from him having to get rid of the ball quickly on almost every down, not because he can't do it.

Now of course Tua is always going to throw more short and intermediate passes in the NFL, but when it's there, he can, and he will either go deep with his so called weak arm, or use his so called unathletic legs to get a 1st or TD...

Last edited:
Interesting, because the only false narrative at that time was the claim of false narratives.

Unless posts were deleted I didn't see, Anufan fan and I were the only ones to make a post (3 total) At that point.

Neither of us mentioned "arm strength" or "canon"

Actually the first person to mention both was you, I believe.

It's a false narrative to claim that someone claiming Tua has an "arm" is the same as claiming he has a "canon"

Anufan clearly stated later he doesn't think Tua has a canon. So he clearly was not pedaling a false narrative.

Me on the other hand? Me? Tua is an Adonis of a man who can do no wrong and Aaron Rodgers can only dream of having Tuas arm
I respectfully suggest you are conflating points.

I specifically said that very few, if any purport that Tua has a "canon".

My reference to that term was to say that having a strong arm is unrelated to an NFL QB's ability to throw a 45 yard pass. Every QB can do that.

That was not the false narrative. The false narrative was that it makes any difference at all. A percieved "weak armed" NFL QB can easily throw 45 yards, can he not?

In light of that, the whole line of thought that the fact that he was top 5 for the week, as shown in the video, has any bearing whatsoever, or is proof\indicative of something either way.

I hope this helps clarify what I was saying.

More simply put, what does the video in the OP prove either way. In my opinion, the answer is nothing.

I think that's the first time I have ever heard anyone say Tua is not accurate
If we’re talking down field, yes he does have accuracy issues. Now maybe in college he was a little more accurate, but he has yet to prove that in the pros. I didn’t watch the video but if the play in question is the one to waddle down the left sideline, that ball was under thrown to me. If he would’ve lead him on that pass that would’ve been six points

More than showing Tua's arm strength, I think it goes a long way into de-bunking the theory that some seem to have that says most NFL qbs are flinging the ball down the field a ton with their cannon arms while the Dolphins are just a dink and dunk team. The truth is the NFL has replaced the running game with more dink and dunk schemes. Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Matt Stafford all throw their share of passes under 10 yards.
brady too.. a lot of these bubble screens that all teams are using have replaced the run.. in every game you hear the announcers saying it's just like a running play

Honestly the Tua arm strength thing is my least favorite running theme on this board. He has average to slightly below average NFL arm strength. It’s the most boring conversation topic ever.

The people who constantly act like he has a weak arm or has to wind up and catapult it to get it 35 yards downfield are ridiculous. He’s got an adequate arm. It’s nothing special. He’s going to succeed or fail based on other traits. The arm isn’t moving the needle.

All I know is, I'd rather have Tua attempting a few downfield passes under duress every game (****ing OL) than Brisket stinking up the joint completely missing a wide open underneath route for a short gain over and over.

You mean the strong armed Justin Herbert did not make the list? Hmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom