Top 5 connections by air distance through Sunday of Week 10 | Guess who made the list? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 connections by air distance through Sunday of Week 10 | Guess who made the list?

Seriously, one throw of 41 yards in the air proves what?

He’s a mad bomber?
It proves that he can do it if he has the time to throw. That is one of the arguments by the Herbert lovers, that he has a cannon and he makes throws that Tua can't. So far this year Tua has connected to his receiver further than Herbert has. It also proves that Herbert is not slinging it down the field 50 yards in the air in one play every game like you guys make it out to be. I mean the fact is he has not connected on a single pass farther than Tua has. You can scratch of one of your main arguments that Tua can't throw it down the field. That argument has been proven to be false.

Imagine being a guy who constantly argues with people about how bad Tua's arm is and how we need someone else because he is weak. Then a stat comes out of the top 5 in the air completed passes in the entire NFL and the guy who you says has a weak arm is in the top 5 but the guy who you scream his name on top of the mountains that has a cannon is not on that list.

I find this very funny.

Last edited:
It proves that he can do it if he has the time to throw. That is one of the arguments by the Herbert lovers, that he has a cannon and he makes throws that Tua can't. So far this year Tua has connected to his receiver further than Herbert has. It also proves that Herbert is not slinging it down the field 50 yards a game like you guys make it out to be. I mean the fact is he has not connected on a single pass farther than Tua has. You can scratch of one of your main arguments that Tua can't throw it down the field. That argument has been proven to be false.
Wow okay, can you explain this-
On the Chargers' fifth play of their game, the 2020 sixth-overall pick dropped a 52-yard bomb downfield to Tyron Johnson and wow, the rook threw this deep ball perfectly.
Herbert's touchdown pass to Johnson had an air distance of 61.1 yards, the longest touchdown pass by anyone in the last two seasons, per NFL Next Gen Stats.

Wow okay, can you explain this-
On the Chargers' fifth play of their game, the 2020 sixth-overall pick dropped a 52-yard bomb downfield to Tyron Johnson and wow, the rook threw this deep ball perfectly.
Herbert's touchdown pass to Johnson had an air distance of 61.1 yards, the longest touchdown pass by anyone in the last two seasons, per NFL Next Gen Stats.

Don't get what I'm saying confused.
The argument is not that Herbert can't do it. He can and he has. I'm just proving the point to everyone who complains about Tua NOT being able to throw it deep because of a weak arm that he CAN and that for the first 10 games of this season Herbert has not made a pass in the air longer than Tua. If you take the last 10 games into account what good is that stronger arm if he is not connecting deep? What it says to me is QB's play most of their game with less than 40 yard passes in the air. Tua can make the throws that every other QB has connected on this year. He might not be strongest but being a good QB is more than being the strongest guy in the NFL.

I'm not taking away from Herbert and saying Tua can throw if farther. Herbert has the stronger arm and can throw it farther. I honestly don't hate Herbert, I think he is really good and I think he is going to be great for a long time. My reason for this post was to point out to everyone who argues about Tua's weak arm.

Last edited:
Don't get what I'm saying confused.
The argument is not that Herbert can't do it. He can and he has. I'm just proving the point to everyone who complains about Tua NOT being able to throw it deep because of a weak arm that he CAN and that for the first 10 games of this season Herbert has not made a pass in the air longer than Tua. If you take the last 10 games into account what good is that stronger arm if he is not connecting deep? What it says to me is QB's play most of their game with less than 40 yard passes in the air. Tua can make the throws that every other QB has connected on this year. He might not be strongest but being a good QB is more than being the strongest guy in the NFL.

I'm not taking away from Herbert and saying Tua can throw if farther. Herbert has the stronger arm and can throw it farther. I honestly don't hate Herbert, I think he is really good and I think he is going to be great for a long time. My reason for this post was to point out to everyone who argues about Tua's weak arm.
This is your quote:
I mean the fact is he has not connected on a single pass farther than Tua has. You can scratch of one of your main arguments that Tua can't throw it down the field. That argument has been proven to be false.
I posted something that contradicts this,
And that was only a week or so ago against Tampa Bay. I think you’re getting confused of what I’m saying

pretty sure these are only for week 10. It says "through Sunday" but I believe that means they leave out Monday Night

More than showing Tua's arm strength, I think it goes a long way into de-bunking the theory that some seem to have that says most NFL qbs are flinging the ball down the field a ton with their cannon arms while the Dolphins are just a dink and dunk team. The truth is the NFL has replaced the running game with more dink and dunk schemes. Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Matt Stafford all throw their share of passes under 10 yards.

As do Brady, Rodgers, & Wilson

When people talk about Tuas arm, we dont mean the ability to throw deep. That is a straw man.

What we mean when saying that is his ability to consistently throw outside the hash marks, use the entire field, arm talent to make plays when you cant set perfectly and throw.

Arm strength in no way equates to the distance of a throw, it relates to the trajectory abd velocity of throws. Especially in tight areas and double especially when things aren't perfect in the pocket.

This is your quote:
I mean the fact is he has not connected on a single pass farther than Tua has. You can scratch of one of your main arguments that Tua can't throw it down the field. That argument has been proven to be false.
I posted something that contradicts this,
And that was only a week or so ago against Tampa Bay. I think you’re getting confused of what I’m saying
If you are going to quote, quote me correct and don't just pull out what fits your narrative. Here is exactly what I said 2 sentences earlier with a continuation into the part you pulled out. "So far this year Tua has connected to his receiver further than Herbert has."

I was meaning this year. My fault if my English was not clear, maybe I could have worded it differently to make it more understandable.

Last edited:
It proves that he can do it if he has the time to throw. That is one of the arguments by the Herbert lovers, that he has a cannon and he makes throws that Tua can't. So far this year Tua has connected to his receiver further than Herbert has. It also proves that Herbert is not slinging it down the field 50 yards in the air in one play every game like you guys make it out to be. I mean the fact is he has not connected on a single pass farther than Tua has. You can scratch of one of your main arguments that Tua can't throw it down the field. That argument has been proven to be false.

Imagine being a guy who constantly argues with people about how bad Tua's arm is and how we need someone else because he is weak. Then a stat comes out of the top 5 in the air completed passes in the entire NFL and the guy who you says has a weak arm is in the top 5 but the guy who you scream his name on top of the mountains that has a cannon is not on that list.

I find this very funny.
Do you really believe any NFL QB throwing a 45 yard completion is indicative of anything whatsoever?

Do you really believe any NFL QB throwing a 45 yard completion is indicative of anything whatsoever?
it's not just a 45 yard completion, it's 45 air yards. only 3 guys managed that this week(longest was 49) and Tua was one of them. It just proves he can do it, and should make those that say he has a "weak arm" pause

it's not just a 45 yard completion, it's 45 air yards. only 3 guys managed that this week(longest was 49) and Tua was one of them. It just proves he can do it, and should make those that say he has a "weak arm" pause
All I'm saying is every QB can do that easily. Therefore it proves nothing.

Look, as I said before in multiple threads, Tua's arm is NFL quality. Not strong, not weak (relatively).

My point is using this as an arguement either way is a bit silly.

All I'm saying is every QB can do that easily. Therefore it proves nothing.

Look, as I said before in multiple threads, Tua's arm is NFL quality. Not strong, not weak (relatively).

My point is using this as an arguement either way is a bit silly.
again, this isn't for those of us who believe he has an NFL arm, it's for those who don't

Again NO.

Weak arm has NOTHING to do with distance. You're making a straw man.

Arm strength, as used by fans of football, refers to the velocity on throws, especially without being able to set your feet and step up perfectly.

I knew Tua could throw a ball 45 yards in the air accurately. Its about having the arm to make every throw on the field in tight coverage, which he does not have, especially when his pocket isn't perfect.

If you are going to quote, quote me correct and don't just pull out what fits your narrative. Here is exactly what I said 2 sentences earlier with a continuation into the part you pulled out. "So far this year Tua has connected to his receiver further than Herbert has."

I was meaning this year. My fault if my English was not clear, maybe I could have worded it differently to make it more understandable.
You can word it however you want you’re wrong. You do know that this stat was just for this week and not the season…

Back
Top Bottom