Top 5 connections by air distance through Sunday of Week 10 | Guess who made the list? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 connections by air distance through Sunday of Week 10 | Guess who made the list?

Again NO.

Weak arm has NOTHING to do with distance. You're making a straw man.

Arm strength, as used by fans of football, refers to the velocity on throws, especially without being able to set your feet and step up perfectly.

I knew Tua could throw a ball 45 yards in the air accurately. Its about having the arm to make every throw on the field in tight coverage, which he does not have, especially when his pocket isn't perfect.
Looks like pretty tight coverage to me.
Like I said, it should make them pause, of course it won’t

You can word it however you want you’re wrong. You do know that this stat was just for this week and not the season…
Nope I thought it was for the season not just this 1 week. The article says through week 10. I thought that meant from week 1 through week 10. You are correct. My bad

Yeah....but....but... it looked like he had to put all his strength into it...... ummm....
Yeah that's it
I don’t care where anyone is on the Tua debate. That was a great response.

I havent really read thru this whole thread . And not defending Tua but how can he pass 45 in the air whe receivers cant get that far down field before he has to get rid of it.

Cant believe this is still going on... I think OP was poorly worded an invited such a mess... I dont believe OP meant to say throwing these passes made him a strong armed QB, I think he meant you dont necessarily need to be a particularly strong arm QB to make them. Again maybe he didnt in which case just keep going back and forth all day changing no ones mind.

The hope with Tua is that he uses his quick release, high end defense manipulation tactics and instincts to make up for the fact that he doesnt have the strongest of arms. We've seen glimpse of it, Tua can setup defenders with his eyes and feet, set back up or even throw off platform to fool them. Hasnt done it consistently yet but IMO, very few NFL QBS can even do it to begin with.

Being right in the discussion of Tua has a strong arm or he doesnt doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things... If Tua tries to play like he has a cannon he will fail, just as much as most QBs who have cannons start trying to play as if anticipation and eye movement was their primary tool. These guys grew up with different skillsets and made it this far honing them. Asking them to play differently now will just mess them up.

Sucks that no one seems to want to go deeper than I was right and you were wrong these days around here...

What even more interesting is big arm Josh Allen and the Philly kid only throw the ball a few yards more on their completions.

Kid has plenty of arm to go down field.
Allen made the list 3 times, probably makes the list every week.

I think Tua’s arm strength is average or below at the NFL level. I don’t even think there’s much of a debate.

However, that’s not Tua’s strength. The only time it’s a concern is in windy conditions or if he’s constantly throwing off platform.

I recently watched highlights from week 1 at the Patriots and the balls he threw deep seemed to come out with less effort and more zip without having to torque his body so much. It’s possible he’s still dealing with some discomfort from the rib injury and, of course, the broken finger. Who knows.

All I'm saying is every QB can do that easily. Therefore it proves nothing.

Look, as I said before in multiple threads, Tua's arm is NFL quality. Not strong, not weak (relatively).

My point is using this as an arguement either way is a bit silly.
I dunno ,i think a person with a noodle arm as the haters say would have problems doing that .

It clarifies that even at mod status, you don't care for Tua and hope he fails. That's the bottom line from the beginning.
Lol.... That's not true at all.

One has to do a lot of mental gymnastics to read that into anything I said.

I've read all of your post from the start drafting Tua. I think I would remember the haters.
Which number posts? I don't mind reviewing them, but I believe everything I've said in this thread had to do with the OP in general, and how it doesn't really prove anything.

I said Tua has an average NFL arm. Do you disagree with that statement?

Let me know the specific statement of which you take issue.

Just saying HATER...HATER is pretty weak.

Back
Top Bottom