Top 5 connections by air distance through Sunday of Week 10 | Guess who made the list? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 connections by air distance through Sunday of Week 10 | Guess who made the list?

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Lol.

I'm not one who says Tua has a weak arm, it's NFL average.

Having a canon, however, isn't only about throwing deep. In fact, it isn't even that much of a factor. RT has a pretty good arm, but couldn't throw deep worth a damn early in his career because he lacked "touch".

Having a canon is more about driving it in to beat coverage, particularly on opposite side throws.

My point is I see false narratives and we are only a few posts in.

Whatever floats your boat though.

Carry on.......

Lol.

Having a canon, however, isn't only about throwing deep. In fact, it isn't even that much of a factor. RT has a pretty good arm, but couldn't throw deep worth a damn early in his career because he lacked "touch".

Having a canon is more about driving it in to beat coverage, particularly on opposite side throws.

Carry on.......

I agree. Tua has an adequate NFL arm but 1 throw from week 10 that traveled 45 air yards doesn't show he has a cannon.

I agree. Tua has an adequate NFL arm but 1 throw from week 10 that traveled 45 air yards doesn't show he has a cannon.
To be fair, I don't believe I've seen many, if any ppl purport he has a canon.

False narrative from the other extreme.......

fr5ea51cfa.gif

Last edited:
More than showing Tua's arm strength, I think it goes a long way into de-bunking the theory that some seem to have that says most NFL qbs are flinging the ball down the field a ton with their cannon arms while the Dolphins are just a dink and dunk team. The truth is the NFL has replaced the running game with more dink and dunk schemes. Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Matt Stafford all throw their share of passes under 10 yards.

More than showing Tua's arm strength, I think it goes a long way into de-bunking the theory that some seem to have that says most NFL qbs are flinging the ball down the field a ton with their cannon arms while the Dolphins are just a dink and dunk team. The truth is the NFL has replaced the running game with more dink and dunk schemes. Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Matt Stafford all throw their share of passes under 10 yards.

Great point.

Lol.

Carry on.......

What false narratives in the first 3 posts?

What false narratives in the first 3 posts?
That arm strength is directly related to an NFL QBs ability to throw 45 yards.

Every NFL QB (and major collegiate program QB for that matter) can easily throw a 45 yard pass, regardless of percieved "arm strength".

It was 45 yards, not 85 for crying out loud.

I get there is a lot of debate about Tua's "arm strength", but let's not be ridiculous, or purpously dismissive of reality, to prove one side or the other of the arguement.

Every NFL QB (and major collegiate program QB for that matter) can easily throw a 45 yard pass, regardless of percieved "arm strength".

I get there is a lot of debate about Tua's "arm strength", but let's not be ridiculous, or purpously dismissive of reality, to prove one side or the other of the arguement.

Alot of the narrative seems to suggest he can't throw down field.

Seriously, one throw of 41 yards in the air proves what?

He’s a mad bomber?

Back
Top Bottom