Top 5 draft choices you'd like to see in Miami next year!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 draft choices you'd like to see in Miami next year!!

SQuinn17

League Dominator
Reaction score
Who would everyone like to see the Dolphins draft??
My top 5....(keep in mind that Saban doesnt like trading picks)
1. Jay Cutler
2. Michael Huff
3. Chad Greenway
4. Santonio Holmes
5. Marcus McNeill

What do you guys think??

I got a feeling Cutler is going to shoot up on a lot of teams draft boards.

Out of the 5 you listed how many of those players will be available at #16? 2-3 of them?

1.) Matt Lienart
2.) Vince Young
3.) Brady Quinn
4.) Jimmy Williams
5.) Boston College DE (I'm not even attempting to spell his name)

No one said we had to be realistic!! :)

There is a good chance that at leat 2 or 3 of those players would be available. I wouldnt mind any of those 5.

My three round fantasy mock looks like this, and although I think Cutler will go slightly higher than he deserves, I would be thrilled if it ends up like this;

Round 1) Jay Cutler (outside shot at Vince Young, if his mechanics scare people)
Round 2) Eric Winston, OT Miami
Round 3) Allen, CB Tennessee

If no QB is there in round one, I think Michael Huff, S Texas, would be a quality selection.

I really don't think Saban is going to draft Cutler. In the PC he talked about a surefire guy with the number one pick but really didn't like the sound of a QB at 16. He said the risk jumps alot. I think he would rather pick someone later in the draft and bring in guys who can instantly improve the squad. That's what I took from the PC, maybe he was putting on a show but it sounded pretty truthful to me.

Pocoloco said:
My three round fantasy mock looks like this, and although I think Cutler will go slightly higher than he deserves, I would be thrilled if it ends up like this;

Round 1) Jay Cutler (outside shot at Vince Young, if his mechanics scare people)
Round 2) Eric Winston, OT Miami
Round 3) Allen, CB Tennessee

If no QB is there in round one, I think Michael Huff, S Texas, would be a quality selection.

Nicely done - don't think Winston will be there, but here's hoping. Another quality OT or C would be good if he's gone. I'd be happy with a qb in the 1st (Cutler, assuming he checks out), OLB in the second, OL in the third, secondary in the fourth. In fact, whatever the positions are, if it's a draft like last year (in terms of talent added), I'll be ecstatic.

SabanEra84 said:
Vince Young
Jay Cutler
ND's Recievers
Alan Zemaitas
Michael Huff

ND's recievers? Did you watch that game yesterday?:shakeno:

Okay lets be realistic here.

1. Dan Marino
2. Jake Scott
3. Larry Little
4. John Offerdahl
5. Paul Warfield

Maybe not in that order though. I doubt Warfield will fall to the fifth round.:goof:

If we have to be realistic... mine would be:

1. LaRoy Landry
2. Greenway
3. Marcus McNeill
4. Huff
5. Cutler

Realistic:
1. Jay Cutler
2. Marcus McNeill
3. Michael Huff
4. Eric Winston (which we can have two Miami Hurricane OTs on the same Miami Dolphins line :tongue: )
5. Laron Landry

Not-as-realistic (unless we trade up):
1. Matt Leinart
2. A.J Hawk
3. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
4. Jimmy Williams
5. Haloti Ngata

I wouldn't mind if Saban went the same way he did last year, O with our 1st pick and D 2nd thru 4th. It doesn't matter who. I know Saban knows who we need far better then I do. So whomever we get I know I'll be thrilled.

1- ( 16 ) R. Wright Texas DT

2- ( 51 ) Bobby Carpenter Ohio State OLB

3- ( 78 ) Andrew Whitworth LSU OT

4- ( 113 ) Micheal Robinson Penn State WR/QB

Back
Top Bottom