Top 5 (offense) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 (offense)

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
QB:
  1. Johnny Manziel – Instincts, ball placement, quickness, and play making ability enough edge out Bridgewater.
  2. Teddy Bridgewater – Outstanding touch and ball placement within about 20 yards of the LOS. Underrated for his ability to drop it in the bucket.
  3. Blake Bortles – Mobility gives Bortles the edge over Mettenberger . . .
  4. Zach Mettenberger – . . . but Mettenberger is the better passer.
  5. Aaron Murray – I’ve always been partial to Aaron Murray. Limited physical tools, but he reminds me a lot of Drew Brees.
. . .

WR:

1. Sammy Watkins – Special combination of burst and power. Dangerous at all levels—can take a quick screen 80 yards, can take the top off the D.
  2. Mike Evans – Great body control for a guy his size. His combination of size, athleticism, and production give him the nod over Lee and Moncrief . . .
  3. Marqise Lee – . . . but I have that as a tight grouping, and it’s difficult to discount Lee’s Sophomore season . . .
  4. Donte Moncrief – . . . and Moncrief has the best combination of size and athleticism of any WR in this draft, and was labored by Bo Wallace.
  5. Brandin Cooks – Cooks special speed and quickness and his ridiculous production give him the edge over Beckham and Robinson.

http://mrebird.wordpress.com/2014/03/18/141/

I agree with Hill as the top back...said that while ago. Only thing that knocks him are things off the field in his past. Always reminded me a little of Larry Johnson coming out of Penn St.

Also agree with Greg Robinson as the top OT, and best player in the draft. This guy is amazing. Clowney's inconsistency is the only thing holding him back.... but I think he'll figure it out real quick.

I can't put Manziel above Bridgewater, but I like Mettenberger in the top 5. And Aaron Murray is a better prospect than A.J. McCarron. People still sleeping on David Fales.

I'd have Moncrief over Marqise Lee. Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, and Allen Robinson can all be interchangeable depending on what it is you're looking for. Matthews is a heck of a player. Been watching him since he was 16 years old. He has what it takes in terms of support, priorities, work ethic, and character away from football that facilitates a successful professional. He's going to be a steal for somebody outside of the 1st round.

Jeremy Hill is a stud. I think he comes in and makes a huge impact immediately.

I agree with several of the positions for the most part. I'd take Allan Robinson or Brandin Cooks over Lee though personally. And I like Lee..

1 Watkins
2 Beckham
3 Evans
4 Lee
5 Landry

Miami should think serious about adding a WR. I'm taking Odell Beckham at #19.

It is. Started off much more active with the blog, but I haven't had as much time/energy to devote to it as I'd like. I am happy with the music selections to date.

Very cool. Also great work on the list. I would have similar lists. I know you are as high on Hill as I am. I just don't see what others see that think Hyde and some of these other guys are in his league. I like Lache but Hill is all by himself

I agree with Hill as the top back...said that while ago. Only thing that knocks him are things off the field in his past. Always reminded me a little of Larry Johnson coming out of Penn St.

Also agree with Greg Robinson as the top OT, and best player in the draft. This guy is amazing. Clowney's inconsistency is the only thing holding him back.... but I think he'll figure it out real quick.

I can't put Manziel above Bridgewater, but I like Mettenberger in the top 5. And Aaron Murray is a better prospect than A.J. McCarron. People still sleeping on David Fales.

I'd have Moncrief over Marqise Lee. Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, and Allen Robinson can all be interchangeable depending on what it is you're looking for. Matthews is a heck of a player. Been watching him since he was 16 years old. He has what it takes in terms of support, priorities, work ethic, and character away from football that facilitates a successful professional. He's going to be a steal for somebody outside of the 1st round.

I completely agree on Clowney's inconsistency being the separating factor between him and Robinson. I also think that he'll be fine and worth considering as the #1 overall pick.

I'm completely sympathetic to Bridgewater > Manziel. I like almost everything about Bridgewater, and I disagree with the idea that he lacks special traits. I'm just really high on Manziel. I'm curious to see what happens with Fales. I don't see him as better than Mettenberger or Murray, but he has a natural way about him, and I don't take your views lightly.

Watkins through Moncrief is pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of those four end up being the best. I've gone back and forth - ranking Moncrief as high as #2. Ultimately, I favored Evans and Lee for their production - not that I fault Moncrief. I'm with you on that next group. I'd be happy with any one of them in Miami.

I agree about Greg Robinson, just an amazing run blocker and athlete. Best player in the draft imo, can become the best run blocking OT in the league and I don't see any reason why he can't develop into a rock solid pass blocker, just needs the reps. He jumped out at me more than any player in this draft, including Clowney. One word came to mind watching him play- "Wow".

I don't see Miami going wr in the first, but that is a talented group. Brandin Cooks reminds me a little bit of OJ McDuffie with electric speed. I know that seems like an odd comparison, but he's just a guy whose always open and I'd love to see the team add a player like that in the slot. Giibson's not bad there, but coming off an injury. Hartline ended the year with an injury as well.

I would also rank Hill as the top rb, but doubt Miami looks past his character issues. Still like James Wilder Jr. as a late round potential steal.

Good stuff. Two questions:

What are your thoughts on Troy Niklas that are keeping him off the list? I love him, personally.

Which, if any, RBs would you take in the first round?

Good stuff. Two questions:

What are your thoughts on Troy Niklas that are keeping him off the list? I love him, personally.

Which, if any, RBs would you take in the first round?

I like Niklas. Cut him at the last second to add Jensen. Ultimately, I might remove ASJ from my top 5 altogether.

Aside from character concerns, I think Hill is worth a 1st RD pick. I see Hyde, Carey, Seastrunk, and Mason are all 2nd-3rd RD players. But I think there's a decent chance Carey could be there in the 4th.

I agree about Greg Robinson, just an amazing run blocker and athlete. Best player in the draft imo, can become the best run blocking OT in the league and I don't see any reason why he can't develop into a rock solid pass blocker, just needs the reps. He jumped out at me more than any player in this draft, including Clowney. One word came to mind watching him play- "Wow".

Watching him completely collapse the left side of the line on one play and then get to the perimeter on a screen the next play is something different. I haven't seen that combination of power and athleticism at the OT position.

Watching him completely collapse the left side of the line on one play and then get to the perimeter on a screen the next play is something different. I haven't seen that combination of power and athleticism at the OT position.

Robinson is an extremely rare prospect. Everything about his combine performance for a kid that size hasn't been seen before. To top it off, it's unusual to see a player that dominant be so young. His combine numbers validate why we haven't seen this before in an offensive tackle.

This is a kid that still has tremendous upside despite the dominance he displays on film. He plays with a purpose on every single snap. His purpose seemed to be to annihilate his assignment. You can't coach that.

I very much agree with this. He's a high character guy that I'd love to have in a Miami uniform.

Back
Top Bottom