Top 5 OL in the draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 OL in the draft

Say what?

I like Burrow as much as the next man, but you cant, in good faith, claim that 60 passing TDs came simply because he was so much better than the opposition...

Your post is more extra'd out than anything Tua's supporters have claimed.

Gimme a break....

I don’t know what to tell you. Their OL played well as a unit, but there isn’t a single highly rated guy on it that is draft eligible. I don’t make this information up; it’s readily available online. If you watched LSU this season Burrow was actually under pressure a lot in SEC games. He simply made the throws that he had to and his receivers did the rest.

I don’t know what to tell you. Their OL played well as a unit, but there isn’t a single highly rated guy on it that is draft eligible. I don’t make this information up; it’s readily available online. If you watched LSU this season Burrow was actually under pressure a lot in SEC games. He simply made the throws that he had to and his receivers did the rest.
Every QB is under pressure. That pressure was rarely up the middle, where Burrow escaped most times.

That's how Marino did it. He should have patented the hop step.

Yeah...he did.

When I see Burrow, I see him mostly climbing the pocket and escaping off tackle for scrambles. Cushenberry wasn't 1st team All SEC for nothing...that's all I'm saying.

Yeah...he did.

When I see Burrow, I see him mostly climbing the pocket and escaping off tackle for scrambles. Cushenberry wasn't 1st team All SEC for nothing...that's all I'm saying.

Building the interior line is kind of key if you are going to have a pocket QB.

kind of...

Building the interior line is kind of key if you are going to have a pocket QB.

kind of...
I agree 101%, so far that I'm willing to draft a RT (Niang) along with Cushenberryand let Davenport play the LT until next season.

Center - this is a deep class, I'll give 5, but there are maybe 7 plus that could be solid NFL starters or better.

1. Cushenberry
2. Biadasz
3. Hennessey
4. Harris
5. Ruiz

Guard - I don't feel as good about this group as I do about center and tackle, With that said, I think you could find some good value at the end of day 2 going into day 3.
1. Kindley
2. Lewis
3. Stenberg
4. Lemieux
5. Bredeson

Tackle - This class is so good...top end talent, and a lot of good options as the draft plays out.
1. Thomas
2. Wierfs
3. Willis
4. Becton
5. Jackson
6. Jones
7. Tega Wenagho

I think the top 4 tackles (Thomas, Wirfs, Becton and Wills) will all be gone by 18. If one drops then there should be no hesitation at that pick. I think Austin Jackson is in the second tier on his own and would hopefully be there at 26. If not then Josh Jones and Prince Tega Wanogho at the top of the second.

If we come away without at least one of these guys I will be very disappointed.

The centre situation seems to have really changed in the last couple ofmonths, with Humphrey going back and Biadasz's struggles this year. It was a popular target to take one of those two with our 1c pick, now it's looking like a bunch of centres are going to be going around the secound round (Biadasz, Harris, Cushenberry and Hennessy). Perhaps we can pick up Biadasz with our 2a or one of the others with our 2b.

The guard situation seems pretty bleak. Kindley seems the concensus #1, quite a bit of buzz around Shane Lemiuex and Ben Bredeson but they're still looking like second-rounders.

Tackle - This class is so good...top end talent, and a lot of good options as the draft plays out.
1. Thomas
2. Wierfs
3. Willis
4. Becton
5. Jackson
6. Jones
7. Tega Wenagho

I'd flip flop Thomas and Wirfs. I know Thomes gets most of the hype but I like Wirfs better. I know he played RT at Iowa, but he has the feet to play LT, of course if you draft a left handed QB, then you's probably keep him at RT, the problem is he wont be there at #18.

Becton is a guy that's intriguing. He's an absolute monster and just mauls people, but can he keep that up at the next level with his size, he may be too big.

I wasn't high on Jones as I didn't see him play aggressive enough, but at the Senior Bowl he absolutely dominated his opponent. You can't ignore the fact that in just under 1300 snaps over three years he only allowed 18 pressures. I think he's going to go in the second half of the first round

Gentlemen my list was from May 2019. Lazy posting on my part. My bad guys. Hence why some really big names are missing and the order is way whack. Once I learn to forgive myself we can start the healing process.

Gentlemen my list was from May 2019. Lazy posting on my part. My bad guys. Hence why some really big names are missing and the order is way whack. Once I learn to forgive myself we can start the healing process.
Don't beat yourself up too much. Most sports writers, and mock "experts" are making a living using out of date info.

I will take bredeson at left guard I just got to figure out where given the athlete I have to pull the trigger. Very aware player. Average athlete.

I will take bredeson at left guard I just got to figure out where given the athlete I have to pull the trigger. Very aware player. Average athlete.
Automatic upgrade from deiter?? Let's say we do sign Thuney, do you think Bredeson could move to RG instead?? I feel like whatever right sided position doesnt get a new starter between guard and tackle will be where Jesse Davis slots in

Automatic upgrade from deiter?? Let's say we do sign Thuney, do you think Bredeson could move to RG instead?? I feel like whatever right sided position doesnt get a new starter between guard and tackle will be where Jesse Davis slots in

Nah if we sign thuney I probably put bredeson on the burner til he gets to be an obvious eye sore still on the board. I don’t draft him and put him at rg. I probably pivot to more of a developmental type further down the board.

But bredeson might be on there a little longer than expected anyways cause the athletes gonna test very average. But I like his compete I like his awareness and I like his toughness.

I’m not overdrafting a center either in this class and I think there’s a lot of candidates for it.

Back
Top Bottom