Top 5 Potential Breakout Players Not Named Tua Tagovailoa | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Potential Breakout Players Not Named Tua Tagovailoa

1) Austin Jackson: He played well early and faltered towards the end of the season. Donating his bone marrow to help save his sisters life, may have had some unintentional circumstances, regarding his slack off in play at seasons end. Hopefully with a full offseason Jackson can take the next step in his development?

2) Brandon Jones: I think he played very well for a rookie. His football IQ was on full display. It allowed him to play a significant role in the secondary, during his first year. With a full offseason, I think Brandon Jones will truly shine in year two of Brian Flores defense.

3) Both Jerome Baker and Andrew Van Ginkle showed they can play a huge part as blitzers in this defense. They can get after the QB. I think more is expected this year .

4) Byron Jones: Had a pedestrian 1st year under Flores. I think with a full offseason he too will come to shine. With another year of experience, he could finally provide the lock down coverage Miami was hoping for.

5) Jonathan Ledbetter: This is pure speculation on my part. But Miami has kept him around on the Injured Reserve list for 2 years. That is very rare, if you ask me. They must see something in this kid to do something like that. Ledbetter started game one of the 2019 season before leaving with injury. He's a true 3/4 DE in terms of size. If healthy Ledbetter could surprise by regaining his form, that won him a starting job. If so he's one of my sleepers on the Miami Dolphins to breakout and become what Flores thought he could be.

My candidates are...

1. Gaskin - I am already really high on him because he is a complete running back. Despite fans need for a big name he is just so terrific playing the position. The improved blocking will really help him stand out more.

2. Liam Eichenberg - it's not just the talent, but the intelligence that will help him succeed right off the bat. He knows how to block and understands what it takes to beat his opponent.

3. Robert hunt - His play was inconsistent at parts last year and the move to guard might benefit him. I expect kindley and him to really maul people up the field.

4. Brandon Jones- McCain being released and his ability to learn and play so early last year speaks volumes to what the coaches think of him.

5. AVG - He made plays in limited spots last year. Another off-season of bulking up and knowing our defense will be huge in helping him continue to ascend

To me breakout means for the 1st time a young player had the light turn on for them, and showed the NFL what type of talent they really are, here are my 5...

Noah Igbinoghene
Too much potential here, not only could there be improvement, don't be surprised if he shows special abilities.

Austin Jakson
Was starting to look good early before he got injured, but I expect this year he makes huge strides.

Andrew Van Ginkle
From the moment we drafted him, I said I loved his non-stop motor, and was my favorite pick from that draft, yet even I was shocked how relentless he is, this kid is going to be fun for many years.

Robert Hunt
Started off slow, but was slowly looking better at tackle, but if/when they move this beast inside...He's an all-pro within 2 years.

Brandon Jones
There is talent here, but this kid is also smart, and makes few mistakes, the moment the light goes on for him (Obviously, I'm expecting it this coming year), this is going to be yet another DB headache for teams for years to come.

I agree with these minus Noah. His feet look stuck in mud when he runs with a WR and his change of direction was questionable.

Two things I don't like in a corner prospect.

Thought he had an underrated year at tackle but it seems like he has all pro potential at guard
For a rookie playing out of position he did a great job.

Best part is we know he can play there if we get short-handed. Obviously not his best position but after what we went thru for years with no competent backups, it's nice to have some depth.

1) Austin Jackson: He played well early and faltered towards the end of the season. Donating his bone marrow to help save his sisters life, may have had some unintentional circumstances, regarding his slack off in play at seasons end. Hopefully with a full offseason Jackson can take the next step in his development?

2) Brandon Jones: I think he played very well for a rookie. His football IQ was on full display. It allowed him to play a significant role in the secondary, during his first year. With a full offseason, I think Brandon Jones will truly shine in year two of Brian Flores defense.

3) Both Jerome Baker and Andrew Van Ginkle showed they can play a huge part as blitzers in this defense. They can get after the QB. I think more is expected this year .

4) Byron Jones: Had a pedestrian 1st year under Flores. I think with a full offseason he too will come to shine. With another year of experience, he could finally provide the lock down coverage Miami was hoping for.

5) Jonathan Ledbetter: This is pure speculation on my part. But Miami has kept him around on the Injured Reserve list for 2 years. That is very rare, if you ask me. They must see something in this kid to do something like that. Ledbetter started game one of the 2019 season before leaving with injury. He's a true 3/4 DE in terms of size. If healthy Ledbetter could surprise by regaining his form, that won him a starting job. If so he's one of my sleepers on the Miami Dolphins to breakout and become what Flores thought he could be.
Interesting call on Ledbetter.

Iggy is the one I expect to see the most improvement from. He could challenge to start in the slot.

Interesting call on Ledbetter.

Iggy is the one I expect to see the most improvement from. He could challenge to start in the slot.
Its very rare to see a team keep a player, let alone an UDFA on its Injured Reserve List; for 2 seasons, like Miami has done with Ledbetter. Perhaps I'm reading into something that's not, or is there something more? Miami must like him a lot to do that.

Its very rare to see a team keep a player, let alone an UDFA on its Injured Reserve List; for 2 seasons, like Miami has done with Ledbetter. Perhaps I'm reading into something that's not, or is there something more? Miami must like him a lot to do that.
That's a valid point.

Not sure how Bowden breaks out playing behind Parker, Fuller, Waddle and Williams. Unless there are injuries not sure your number 5 wr will get many targets, especially considering Gaskin, Brown, Gesicki and Long should be ahead of him in targets too. Barring injury I doubt Bowden or whoever wins the 5th and 6th wr spots sees 20 targets for the season. I like Bowden, but I think most of the action out of the slot will go to Waddle.

Back
Top Bottom