Top 5 Potential Breakout Players Not Named Tua Tagovailoa | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 Potential Breakout Players Not Named Tua Tagovailoa

He's on it.
He can cover TE, he stays.
We got kill by TE since forever. Rowe managed to keep them in check, except Waller. Waller Just made ridiculous catch with Rowe all over him.
He is too valuable to let go.

Gesicke, if Flo keep him.

With Fuller and Waddle stretching the field, the middle and the intermediate will be wide open for him. Safety cannot set up close to the line.
Plus this is his contract year, he will kill himself for more receiving, whether he stay with dolphins or play some place else.

Raekwan Davis- Very interested to see what his progression even looks like. Does he stay at NT, move to End? I get this feeling that this guy completely transforms his play style in the next two years.

Preston Williams- Two years in a row two freak injuries. I don't think he's made of glass, and showed better chemistry than Parker with Tua. I still believe he has more to show, with much more upside than Parker.

Savon Ahmed- I was impressed with the patience and burst displayed last year when he got his chance. Another year in the gym, and hopefully progression along the OL, he could become our starter this year.

Robert Hunt- Solid 1St year at tackle coming in during COVID from a small school is no easy feat. Would be incredible if he turns into a probowler at RG

Jaelan Phillips- Ideally right away proves the concussions have no effect on his play, and immediately becomes a force on passing downs.

Are there any other names that should be added to the list?

"Formidable contribution??" I presume that's from the POV of the opposing team.
DVP Or Gesicki, since they shouldn't be the focus of the D.
X and Jones, with a better pass rush.
Run D. I expect significant improvement in setting the edge
MORE important will be those who move to above average

Not sure how Bowden breaks out playing behind Parker, Fuller, Waddle and Williams. Unless there are injuries not sure your number 5 wr will get many targets, especially considering Gaskin, Brown, Gesicki and Long should be ahead of him in targets too. Barring injury I doubt Bowden or whoever wins the 5th and 6th wr spots sees 20 targets for the season. I like Bowden, but I think most of the action out of the slot will go to Waddle.
Bowden doesn't have to put up big numbers to have a successful season IMO. He was brought here to throw teams off with his multi-tool skillset.

He obv shouldn't be starting w the additions we made at WR. But he's the type of guy that can make an impact even on a lower snap count.

Wildcat style plays, trick throws from the WR position, direct hand offs. He needs to improve his actual WR skills to get a significant role in the rotation. But if he can, that versatility can lead to game altering plays.

And sadly based on past history, injuries to our WRs are nearly a given. All 6 guys we keep need to be ready to step up.

Back
Top Bottom