Top 5 QBs in catchable throw rate. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 QBs in catchable throw rate.

It means any catchable passes

So when you add the degree of difficulty by Tua having a much larger yards per attempt then the others

Once again he’s #1

I mean last week he had 5 incompletions and waddle dropped three passes and I believe another he threw out of bounds

That's the key.

Only Hurts has as many or more over 25 yard in air completions.

Making this stat even more impressive.

So when you add the degree of difficulty by Tua having a much larger yards per attempt then the others

Once again he’s #1

I mean last week he had 5 incompletions and waddle dropped three passes and I believe another he threw out of bounds
At the start of the game, Tua threw a perfect 20 yd pass that was dropped by FB Alec Ingold (#30). Horrific drop.

At the 0.32 mark in the video below:

The whole video analyzes many of Tua's passes in the Miami vs Buffalo game.

Forgot that one bro, basically if those drop didn’t exist he would of played a perfect game

It matters b/c some people only see team results and then blame the QB. So when some of us were saying Tua was playing better than the results, it was based on real things not just an "eye test".

Yup yup.

It's not so much Tua suddenly got good. He always was.

He is just finally getting more opportunities and good, well better line play.

Remember last year when some of us were saying we don't need a top Offensive line. Even somewhere around the 20th mark would work and Tua would go nuts?

Well, our line is ranked less than middle of the pack and look what's happening.

Of course, Waddle and Cheetah help.

d4sCea.gif

I believe it rules out “passes” such as spiked balls and those that are intentionally thrown out of bounds, and also counts dropped passes as completions. Meaning when Tua is actually trying to get the ball to the receiver, it gets there 88% of the time, regardless if the receiver hangs on to the catch or not.
Got it. That helps. Thanks!

For those 5 QBs, let's also look at average completed air yards (CAY):

1. Aaron Rodgers (3.1 air yards / completion)

2. Tua Tagovailoa (7.4 air yards / completion)

3. Josh Allen (6.0 air yards / completion)

4. Kyler Murray (3.7 air yards / completion)

5. Daniel Jones (4.7 air yards / completion)

Who's the dink & dunk QB? It's not Tua.

It's interesting that Tua-haters no longer want to talk about "air yards".

Yeah well i saw on ESPN that anyone can hit wide open receivers. Take those stats away as they shouldn’t really count just like underthrows and Tua is probably at like a negative 47 air yards per completion which ranks last for qbs and most punters.

Personally I'm getting a bit tired of the baseballification of stats in the NFL. I miss the days where the most advanced stat you'd see on TV was 3rd down percentage. Too many of these "advanced" stats have zero objectivity to them

Yup yup.

It's not so much Tua suddenly got good. He always was.

He is just finally getting more opportunities and good, well better line play.

Remember last year when some of us were saying we don't need a top Offensive line. Even somewhere around the 20th mark would work and Tua would go nuts?

Well, our line is ranked less than middle of the pack and look what's happening.

Of course, Waddle and Cheetah help.
It was always maddening how some assumed if you were positive on Tua that it must be b/c you were a homer. Personally, I was positive about Tua b/c I did a ton of film work on him and I saw him doing the things that correlated with NFL QB success. I looked at stats which, long before Tua was around, I had found correlated with QB success. And I trusted the evaluators who supported their opinion with film work. While the bashers trusted the talking heads who didn't do film work and just used the eye test. And yet they would still act like they were being "objective" b/c they listened to the uneducated and uninformed majority. I always found those opinions here rooted in ignorance.

Once again he’s #1

Ingold dropped a perfect pass on the first throw Tua attempted.

Back
Top Bottom