Top 5 RB in this draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 5 RB in this draft?

Not enough TDs this year, or carries. It's a no for me.

Swift is a legit prospect. His numbers were respectable on the year until he suffered a shoulder contusion vs Georgia Tech. I think backs like Taylor end up getting too much wear and tear in college and end up having shortened NFL careers. He comes from a pro style system (in Georgia) and faced SEC defenses all year. He will be the 1st or 2nd RB off the board IMO.

Swift is a legit prospect. His numbers were respectable on the year until he suffered a shoulder contusion vs Georgia Tech. I think backs like Taylor end up getting too much wear and tear in college and end up having shortened NFL careers. He comes from a pro style system (in Georgia) and faced SEC defenses all year. He will be the 1st or 2nd RB off the board IMO. The

I am not impressed with his production enough to say that I'd like him on my team. I'd like this team to get a professional running back, or two, and that's a tough position to play. I need them to be productive and professional level.

I am not impressed with his production enough to say that I'd like him on my team. I'd like this team to get a professional running back, or two, and that's a tough position to play. I need them to be productive and professional level.

Swift has the best vision of all the RBs in this class. He has the tools and athleticism to be a legit NFL back. Don’t let stat sheets fool you; they only tell 1 part of the story. A lot of his usage this year was questionable; when Georgia fell down a few scores early they simply abandoned the run entirely. He was healthy vs LSU and they only ran the ball twice.

I would like to see us draft a top 5 RB (any of the guys people have mentioned so far are reasonable) and sign Ekeler if the price is right. The modern NFL is kind of like a strategy game and having more versatile pieces than your opponent can account for is always a good thing. Ekeler is a legit receiving threat who would pair well with a more powerful runner.

Cam Akers is going to be good.

This is the guy. I think he will slip to round 3-4 due to FSUs putrid OL play. 5 star recruit, total warrior, can do everything. I would love to get Akers. He is not too far below Dalvin Cook in talent , but probably more durable.

This is a tough eval as I think there is no clear number 1 and the players are all very close to each other in ability.

1. Dobbins
2. Taylor
3. Swift
4. Akers
5. Moss
6. CEH
7. Benjamin
8. Perine

It is really hard because these guys are all so close and it depends on the type of back you want. ETN would have been 3 for me and Harris I believe would have been 7.

I won't say don't touch a RB in round one, but the guys in this draft are so close that I think it would be wise (from a value standpoint) to not look at RB until round 2 preferably round 3.

This is the guy. I think he will slip to round 3-4 due to FSUs putrid OL play. 5 star recruit, total warrior, can do everything. I would love to get Akers. He is not too far below Dalvin Cook in talent , but probably more durable.

Yeah, I love me some Akers and he is a guy I expect to have a much better NFL career then college career. Beside the **** o-line, he had 3 OCs.

Brian Robinson Jr from Alabama is a back the will be available late on day 3, but I like his skill set. He has good size, can catch and pass protect.

1. Dobbins
2. Swift
3. Taylor
4. Akers
5. Moss

Akers I think is going to be a far better pro than college player. Dealt with a lot of garbage in that FSU offense and still impressed. He's got a bit of Dalvin Cook to him, IMO.

Was really wanting Etienne or Najee, I think Akers is a sleeper and would be my choice

I hope a lot of people sleep on Aikers. I know many fans do, but I doubt scouts will. He's the real deal. Guy produced behind arguably the worst line in power 5 football over the last three years.

I hope a lot of people sleep on Aikers. I know many fans do, but I doubt scouts will. He's the real deal. Guy produced behind arguably the worst line in power 5 football over the last three years.
Thats someone you have to be interested in. If you are good behind a crap OL, a decent one has to be better yet even, right?!

Back
Top Bottom