Top 50 Baseball Prospects Named | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 50 Baseball Prospects Named

Ray Finkle

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
For those interested Baseball Prospectus named its top 50 baseball prospects today.

All 50 could be viewed here: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=4774

Some interesting notes:

#1 was Delmon Young of Devil Rays

LA Angels have 5 guys in the top 50. 2 of them are in the top 10.

Florida has 4 guys in the top 50. 6 guys in the top 65.

Red Sox have 3 (Dustin Pedroia (11) , Papelbon (36) and Hansen (45)) if they didn't trade Andy Marte (7) they would have had four guys.

Former Red Sox prospects Hanley Ramirez and Anibal Sanchez got honorable mention (basically they were between 50 and 65). That's a huge drop off for Hanley who was I believe #12 last year.

Anyway I know a lot of people don't care about this sort of thing but hey the link is there.

Things I noticed..

Can't believe Pedrioa is ranked so high.. I like him but WOW...

Daric Barton is another guy that jumped at me, he can hit but has nowhere to play..

Justin Upton, Carlos Quentin ranked so low..

GreenMonster said:
Things I noticed..

Can't believe Pedrioa is ranked so high.. I like him but WOW...

Daric Barton is another guy that jumped at me, he can hit but has nowhere to play..

Justin Upton, Carlos Quentin ranked so low..

I was very shocked that Pedroia was ranked so high myself. Granted he had a killer year, and if he didn't get hit by a pitch in his wrist in Triple A he would have been playing 2nd base for the Sox in August/September.

Justin Upton is probably ranked so low due to him not playing a full year really. Remember he and Jered Weaver held out until the last possible day to sign. Or am I thinking of Stephen Drew?

Barton from what I'm hearing will play 1st or DH. He's apparently a very below average catcher.

Back
Top Bottom