Top 50 Draft Prospects - Fsu Truth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 50 Draft Prospects - Fsu Truth

FSU Truth

Toss a coin to your Witcher
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
I've never actually gone through and ranked the players. I have a top 10 I like, players I like for Miami, and this is simply based off players that would stand out as I watched games on Saturday. I won't claim to be an expert...actually far from it, but the draft allows me one last look at these great players before they head off to the NFL.

1. Nick Bosa (E)

2. Quinnen Williams (DL)

3. Ed Oliver (DL)

4. Josh Allen (E)

5. Devin White (LB)

6. Kyler Murray (QB)

7. TJ Hockenson (TE)

8. Andre Dillard (OT)

9. Brian Burns (E)

10. Byron Murphy (CB)

11. Chris Lindstrom (OL)

12. Jawaan Taylor (OT)

13. Greedy Williams (CB)

14. Erik McCoy (C)

15. Jonah Williams (OL)

16. Dwayne Haskins (QB)

17. Christian Wilkins (DL)

18. Garrett Bradbury (C)

19. Montez Sweat (E)

20. Reshan Gary (DL/E)

21. Noah Fant (TE)

22. Devin Bush (LB)

23. Deandre Baker (CB)

24. Josh Jacobs (RB)

25. AJ Brown (WR)

26. Clelin Ferrell (DE)

27. Rock Ya-Sin (CB)

28. Jeffery Simmons (DL)

29. Cody Ford (OL)

30. N’Keal Harry (WR)

31. Dexter Lawrence (DT)

32. Taylor Rapp (S)

33. Dalton Risner (OL)

34. DK Metcalf (WR)

35. Drew Lock (QB)

36. Hollywood Brown (WR)

37. Jachai Polite (E)

38. Greg Little (OL)

39. Jerry Tillery (DL)

40. Nasir Adderly (S)

41. Zach Allen (DL)

42. Deionte Thompson (S)

43. Amani Oruwariye (CB)

44. Elgton Jenkins (OL)

45. Khalen Saunders (DL)

46. Chauncy Gardner-Johnson (S)

47. Dremont Jones (DL)

48. Mack Wilson (LB)

49. Deebo Samuals (WR)

50. Justin Layne (CB)

I feel like this draft is very strong in the two line groups...o-line and defensive line (including edge rushers. I really like day 2 for DBs and WRs in this draft.

The draft is such a crap shoot and so hard to rank guys, especially at different positons, even within the same grouping(Interior DL to outside DL). Nice list.

Couple of interesting slots:

15. Jonah Williams (OL) -- agree. Seems many have him as best OT in draft. I don't see that myself. I think he could go even lower (certainly would sans the 'Bama pedigree)

34. DK Metcalf (WR) -- based on production this is about right IMO. Tho I'm sure his freak show combine will push him way higher.

11. Chris Lindstrom (OL) -- want this dude BAD! Have to hope he slides based on your rating.

19. Montez Sweat (E) -- now that would be "sweat" to trade down add R2 and grab this dude!

Good work!

Enjoyed.

Couple of interesting slots:

15. Jonah Williams (OL) -- agree. Seems many have him as best OT in draft. I don't see that myself. I think he could go even lower (certainly would sans the 'Bama pedigree)

34. DK Metcalf (WR) -- based on production this is about right IMO. Tho I'm sure his freak show combine will push him way higher.

11. Chris Lindstrom (OL) -- want this dude BAD! Have to hope he slides based on your rating.

19. Montez Sweat (E) -- now that would be "sweat" to trade down add R2 and grab this dude!

Good work!

Enjoyed.

Jonah Williams was a very good player at Alabama, but he is also a really poor athlete. I think what may be best for him long term in a move to center.

DK Metcalf is a physical freak, but his short area quickness and lack of agility is going to hurt him. He may end up a 1 trick pony in the NFL, although he may be very good at that one trick.

Chris Lindstrom is about as good a pass blocker as there will be a guard. If we can add him and one of the centers and you are well on your way to giving whatever QB we bring in in 2020 a solid chance to succeed.

Sweat is an interesting case...freak athlete, but it doesn't always show on the field. He is very much a boom or bust type player for me.

Jonah Williams was a very good player at Alabama, but he is also a really poor athlete. I think what may be best for him long term in a move to center.

DK Metcalf is a physical freak, but his short area quickness and lack of agility is going to hurt him. He may end up a 1 trick pony in the NFL, although he may be very good at that one trick.

Chris Lindstrom is about as good a pass blocker as there will be a guard. If we can add him and one of the centers and you are well on your way to giving whatever QB we bring in in 2020 a solid chance to succeed.

Sweat is an interesting case...freak athlete, but it doesn't always show on the field. He is very much a boom or bust type player for me.

Right. That's what stands out to me on the video I've watched. Not sure I'd go so far as to say "really poor" but he's not impressive and scares me in terms of his upside -- which would seem to be nil.

Right. That's what stands out to me on the video I've watched. Not sure I'd go so far as to say "really poor" but he's not impressive and scares me in terms of his upside -- which would seem to be nil.

I think he is excellent at angles and he is very good with his hands, but I think he may struggle against some of the more athletic pass rushers. He really does need to move inside to get the most out of him.

I'm so hoping Miami moves down in this draft and stockpiles draft assets for this year and more importantly next year when they make a move for a franchise qb. I want this team to build the offensive line and the offense in general as soon as possible because offense, in my opinion, is so much harder and takes so much longer to build a well run cohesive unit.

Looking specifically at what would be best for the Dolphins, I think the offensive line will have the biggest impact long term. With that said...here are the o-line rankings.

1. Andre Dillard
2. Chris Lindstrom
3. Jawaan Taylor
4. Eric McCoy
5. Jonah Williams
6. Garrett Bradbury
7. Cody Ford
8. Dalton Risner
9. Greg Little
10. Elgton Jenkins

Eric McCoy is my favorite lineman in this draft and it is mostly due to his performance against top-level talent. Not only did he play center in the SEC, known for producing some of the best d-lineman in the NFL, but he also had a game against Clemson, which had perhaps the best d-line in college football. HE does lack lateral movement of Bradbury, but he is stout and anchors extremely well. Love the way he drops his hips and holds his position.

Looking specifically at what would be best for the Dolphins, I think the offensive line will have the biggest impact long term. With that said...here are the o-line rankings.

1. Andre Dillard
2. Chris Lindstrom
3. Jawaan Taylor
4. Eric McCoy
5. Jonah Williams
6. Garrett Bradbury
7. Cody Ford
8. Dalton Risner
9. Greg Little
10. Elgton Jenkins

Eric McCoy is my favorite lineman in this draft and it is mostly due to his performance against top-level talent. Not only did he play center in the SEC, known for producing some of the best d-lineman in the NFL, but he also had a game against Clemson, which had perhaps the best d-line in college football. HE does lack lateral movement of Bradbury, but he is stout and anchors extremely well. Love the way he drops his hips and holds his position.
When you look at that list I see no reason why we can't come out of this draft with two starters and tbh, there's a few more guys that are pretty good and should be there in the 3rd round and maybe even the 4th round. Those 10 should all go no later than the 2nd round thought. How far into the 2nd round will depend when the run on O-line starts.

Two of those guys along with Tunsil and we're on our way to having a very good O-line.

1. Andre Dillard
2. Chris Lindstrom
3. Jawaan Taylor
4. Eric McCoy
5. Jonah Williams
6. Garrett Bradbury
7. Cody Ford
8. Dalton Risner
9. Greg Little
10. Elgton Jenkins

I like this list a lot! 3-8 is pretty tight imo, but you know I'm a huge fan of both Dillard and Lindstrom, who PFF rated as the best pass protectors at their respective positions. The article above discusses the correlation between pass and run-blocking from college to the NFL.
pass pro correlates more

I like this list a lot! 3-8 is pretty tight imo, but you know I'm a huge fan of both Dillard and Lindstrom, who PFF rated as the best pass protectors at their respective positions. The article above discusses the correlation between pass and run-blocking from college to the NFL.
pass pro correlates more

I think there could be more o-line taken in round 1 then people expect.

I mentioned in another thread that Lindstrom at 13 is not a bad pick (I expect Dillard to be gone)...He seems to have the good to come in and play guard for the next 10 years at a high level and still be able to give you some flexibility and play tackle if needed, but it is based on that excellent pass blocking.

Question, for you...Jonah Williams should he be moved to center? I feel that he could be a top-level center because he does know the game and plays with very good technique, but is a very limited athlete.

I think there could be more o-line taken in round 1 then people expect.

I mentioned in another thread that Lindstrom at 13 is not a bad pick (I expect Dillard to be gone)...He seems to have the good to come in and play guard for the next 10 years at a high level and still be able to give you some flexibility and play tackle if needed, but it is based on that excellent pass blocking.

Question, for you...Jonah Williams should he be moved to center? I feel that he could be a top-level center because he does know the game and plays with very good technique, but is a very limited athlete.

Agree on Lindstrom.

I think Williams' ceiling is highest at Center, but I think he can still be a good OT and has high-end potential at OG. I see the highest ceiling at C, because he's smart and refined beyond his years, and the position really rewards those qualities more than it does athleticism. As far as I can tell, there's almost no correlation between athleticism and success at Center - as opposed to OG and OT, where most of the good players are at least good athletes. So, yeah, it's a projection, but, assuming he Williams is on board with the idea, I think that's where his traits fit best.

My favorite grade in tbe whole thing is devin white top 5. At absolute worst he has to be top 7

Back
Top Bottom