Top 6 defensive Play Callers according to PFF | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 6 defensive Play Callers according to PFF

Brisket didnt cause us season..that Jacksonville and Atlanta games did....even if u start Tua..it still was going be hard games win tampa,Bill's and raiders...
It's tough to really dig in on being upset about the outcome of last season. If we'd made playoffs, you'd have to assume Flo stays and we make none of the monster strides on offense talent wise and coaching wise.

Maybe but this is new offense as well..it takes time to be on same pages....

I agree...

But IMO the clock now is starting ahead of were it's been in years. Experienced and knowing how to thumb through many of the pages and not being their first rodeo, so to speak, unlike going in blind folded with piss poor offensive structure, as much of our previous players had to do.

This offense should be on the field longer right off the bat while also improving, giving our D more time to catch their wind unlike to many three and outs.

But truth is JMO and we won't know till we see it with our own eyes starting in Sept.

We may never know or fully understand who actually called the defense in the 2nd half of the season, but after exhaustive research, studying hours and hours of film, conducting endless interviews with coaches and staff, I am now 100% convinced the 1st half of the season was definitely called by " The man on the Grassy Knoll".

No doubt Flores was a huge asset to the Dolphins defense the past 3 years. Steelers defensive players raving about him during OTAs.

We should see this year how competent Boyer is. Some elite QBs on the Dolphins schedule.

Also need to factor in that us having a improved QB and better offense should be added benefit to our Defense.

The QB has improved but so has the backup. I am hoping for 17 games out of Tua but if I get 15 and 2 from Teddy B I am not even remotely concerned.

Watching Brissett throw hurts.

I haven't seen dolphins defense play top team yet but I think they should be good unit this year...the better qb will give dolphins defense problem.....the last 8 games..I am pretty sure flores took over def because his job was online.. that no brainers there.. it all be on JB this year.. plus we playing better qb this year...I think we should be top 15 defense this yr.. must stop run..pass defense is good...

You might want to go re-watch the Bills game, in Buffalo. That team went up there to win and showed up.

People only seem to remember how brutal the week 2 game was. The second game in Buffalo was nothing like the first. The Dolphins were turning the corner long before that game, the Jacksonville and Atlanta games should've been wins. That was a young team learning how to win. If either of those games were scheduled in December we likely win each game by 21+. The Dolphins team that arrived in Buffalo last year for the Halloween game was not the same that got steam rolled week 2. Miami went up there to win that game.

We played pretty well at Indy as well. Carson Wentz and Jacoby Brissett had similar stat lines but two COMPLETELY different performances. Wentz was a handful from the get go, wiggling out of sacks and throwing with extreme precision for 4 quarters. Brissett couldn't accomplish a thing until the 4th quarter, we scored some late TD's to give us a glimmer of hope but they quickly closed the door on us after a second 4th quarter TD made it look respectable. Indy should've won by 3 TD's given the difference in output from their QB and RB vs ours.

Then the Jacksonville debacle. Which doesn't hurt as bad as if Jacksonville would've just crushed us. We simply never thought we'd lose that game, everyone let up. Learning how to win is a thing in the NFL and we were just getting there. Its upsetting that Urban Meyer's team didn't give up but Flo's actually did, not as shocking after the season when we learned of the large discord between the QB and the HC.

The 2021 Miami Dolphins actually featured two completely different teams within one roster.

Last edited:
Maybe but this is new offense as well..it takes time to be on same pages....
You might want to go re-watch the Bills game, in Buffalo. That team went up there to win and showed up.

People only seem to remember how brutal the week 2 game was. The second game in Buffalo was nothing like the first. The Dolphins were turning the corner long before that game, the Jacksonville and Atlanta games should've been wins. That was a young team learning how to win. If either of those games were scheduled in December we likely win each game by 21+. The Dolphins team that arrived in Buffalo last year for the Halloween game was not the same that got steam rolled week 2. Miami went up there to win that game.

We played pretty well at Indy as well. Carson Wentz and Jacoby Brissett had similar stat lines but two COMPLETELY different performances. Wentz was a handful from the get go, wiggling out of sacks and throwing with extreme precision for 4 quarters. Brissett couldn't accomplish a thing until the 4th quarter, we scored some late TD's to give us a glimmer of hope but they quickly closed the door on us after a second 4th quarter TD made it look respectable. Indy should've won by 3 TD's given the difference in output from their QB and RB vs ours.

Then the Jacksonville debacle. Which doesn't hurt as bad as if Jacksonville would've just crushed us. We simply never thought we'd lose that game, everyone let up. Learning how to win is a thing in the NFL and we were just getting there. Its upsetting that Urban Meyer's team didn't give up but Flo's actually did, not as shocking after the season when we learned of the large discord between the QB and the HC.

The 2021 Miami Dolphins actually featured two completely different teams within one roster.
U making excused for Jacksonville and Atlanta games...we lost..any given sumday..anything can happen...we played terrible.

I'm fairly certain between talking to players and coaches McDaniel knows who did what when which is why he kept Boyer.

It would seem McD is smart enough to know "If it isn't broken; don't fix it".

Or, Would "Let sleeping dogs lie" be more appropriate?

I would say Holland has to be above 9th rated rookie for their production to the team... who had more impact?

Agreed with the Buffalo game. I was at the Indy game and Wentz was pretty terrible in the 1st half. Taylor ran for their only TD. Brissett was over the top awful in that game, even the 4th quarter TD to Gesicki was a bad pass and the 4th down TD to Parker was Brissett just throwing it up there and hoping for the best.

Agreed with the Buffalo game. I was at the Indy game and Wentz was pretty terrible in the 1st half. Taylor ran for their only TD. Brissett was over the top awful in that game, even the 4th quarter TD to Gesicki was a bad pass and the 4th down TD to Parker was Brissett just throwing it up there and hoping for the best.

I thought Wentz played pretty well throughout that game. I remember being frustrated by his accuracy. Maybe a couple early throws weren’t on point.

Brisket didnt cause us season..that Jacksonville and Atlanta games did....even if u start Tua..it still was going be hard games win tampa,Bill's and raiders...
Yeah. Injuries ruined that Jags game. Waddle and Hollins played the whole game. We had 2TE/2WR for about 80% of the snaps. Byron Jones and X didn’t play. Rowe hardly played. We didn’t have many good players on the field at entire position groups. And that cost us in the end.

Against the Falcons our WR/TEs were worse. And our best LBers were out. I think we had 1 recorded pressure on Ryan all day. That’s terrible. We never seemed to have any continuity. We hardly had an identity last season. It was horrible.

With that said, if Tua played the entire season I have no doubt that we would have won 10 games. Maybe 11. Tua made the most of what we had. Brisset made what we had look like what we had.

Yeah. Injuries ruined that Jags game. Waddle and Hollins played the whole game. We had 2TE/2WR for about 80% of the snaps. Byron Jones and X didn’t play. Rowe hardly played. We didn’t have many good players on the field at entire position groups. And that cost us in the end.

Against the Falcons our WR/TEs were worse. And our best LBers were out. I think we had 1 recorded pressure on Ryan all day. That’s terrible. We never seemed to have any continuity. We hardly had an identity last season. It was horrible.

With that said, if Tua played the entire season I have no doubt that we would have won 10 games. Maybe 11. Tua made the most of what we had. Brisset made what we had look like what we had.
Tua was out for raiders,ind and Bucs games..

Back
Top Bottom