Top Defensive Backs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Defensive Backs

Rocky Raccoon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Besides Michael Huff and Darnell Bing... who are the other big defensive backs in the draft the Dolphins may be interested in?

Leron Landry out of LSU. I'd love to pick this kid and he should be available. Could be a starter for the next ten years.

Rocky Raccoon said:
Besides Michael Huff and Darnell Bing... who are the other big defensive backs in the draft the Dolphins may be interested in?

Antonio Cromartie CB Flor.st.
Jimmy Williams CB VTech
Tye hill CB Clemson
DeMario Minter CB Georgia
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
Jason Allen CB-S Tenn.
Alan Zemaitis CB Penn State
Anwar Phillips CB Penn St.
Cedric Griffin CB Texas
Darrell Hunter CB Miami (Ohio)

Michael Huff S Texas
Darnell Bing S USC
LaRon Landry S LSU
Dwayne Slay S Tex. Tech
Anthony Smith S Syracuse
Bernard Pollard S Purdue
Pat Watkins S Florida State
Daniel Bullocks S Nebraska
Greg Blue S Georgia

I'll trow in another name....Roman Harper of Bama.Their leader on defence and the kind of guy coaches want on their team. 3rd round area for him.

Ozzy rules!!

dominizzo said:
Jimmy Williams is the Sam MAdison of the Draft
They seem like totally different players to me. If you mean they are both overrated then that is true IMO,

I like Michael Huff the most. If he can prove he is fast enough to play CB he would be my top choice. If not I still like him alot at the safety spot. He really impressed me with his tackling at the Rose Bowl.

Cromartie is interesting. If he didn't get hurt he would have had a very good chance of being the first DB off the board and could have gone very early. He has everything you want from a CB (size, speed, ball skills)and is a heck of a return man. But he had a major knee injury and that raises flags. He might be worth taking though because his upside is endless. He also could play both sides if the Dolphins feel like experimenting.

A later round guy I like alot is Marcus Maxey from Miami. He is overshadowed by Jennings but has good size and is one of the fastest players on the UM team. He could be a nice later round find.

sports24/7 said:
They seem like totally different players to me. If you mean they are both overrated then that is true IMO,

I like Michael Huff the most. If he can prove he is fast enough to play CB he would be my top choice. If not I still like him alot at the safety spot. He really impressed me with his tackling at the Rose Bowl.

Cromartie is interesting. If he didn't get hurt he would have had a very good chance of being the first DB off the board and could have gone very early. He has everything you want from a CB (size, speed, ball skills)and is a heck of a return man. But he had a major knee injury and that raises flags. He might be worth taking though because his upside is endless. He also could play both sides if the Dolphins feel like experimenting.

A later round guy I like alot is Marcus Maxey from Miami. He is overshadowed by Jennings but has good size and is one of the fastest players on the UM team. He could be a nice later round find.

Congrats on 1K:dolphins:

phinfan_1 said:
Jimmy Williams CB VTech
Tye hill CB Clemson
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
Jason Allen CB-S Tenn.
Cedric Griffin CB Texas

Michael Huff S Texas
Darnell Bing S USC
LaRon Landry S LSU
Dwayne Slay S Tex. Tech
Anthony Smith S Syracuse
Bernard Pollard S Purdue
Greg Blue S Georgia

forgot nate salley

Ko Simpson from South Carolina i think has declared and is a stud...I personally like Dwyane Slay later in the draft, maybe the 4th round. He hits like an absolute truck and lead teh NCAA in forced fumbles, i think, with like 8. Keep in mind he does not strip the ball. He just levels other players. I have a link to a hit he put on a K state player that will make you toes tingle. He is kinda slow, but i like him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwayne_Slay

richerd marshall-cb-fresno state. he declared the other day and right now he is a 2nd rounder but he could move to a 1st after combine.

phinfan_1 said:
Jimmy Williams CB VTech
Tye hill CB Clemson
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
Jason Allen CB-S Tenn.
Cedric Griffin CB Texas

Michael Huff S Texas
Darnell Bing S USC
LaRon Landry S LSU
Dwayne Slay S Tex. Tech
Anthony Smith S Syracuse
Bernard Pollard S Purdue
Greg Blue S Georgia

Here's some more I didn't get with my first post:

Dee Webb CB Florida (underclassman)
Ashton Youboty CB Ohio st. (underclassman)

Dawan Landry S Georgia Tech
Calvin Lowry S Penn State
Roman Harper S Alabama
Darrell Brooks S Arizona

PeaTearGriffin said:
forgot nate salley

Yes and you can't forget his teammate at Ohio State who's projected even higher, Donte Whitner.

Back
Top Bottom