Top Draft Prospect Comparisons from Draftshowcase.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Draft Prospect Comparisons from Draftshowcase.com

fiedler fan..jk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
These are the comparisons of the 2005 Draft Prospects from draftshowcase.com I'm only showing the ones for the players I believe have a decent chance of getting drafted by the Phins in the first round.

Derrick Johnson: Johnson can go sideline to sideline, he can go inside/outside. His speed and athleticism along with his ability to come up the field remind me of Kendrell Bell. His build and style of play is also very similar to that of Boss Bailey.

Braylon Edwards: His size and athletic ability and ability to go up and get the ball is similar to that of Chris Chambers.

Antrel Rolle: Rolle is a big physical corner but has good speed and coverage skills as well, similar to Marcus Trufant.

Mike Williams: Large, sturdy receiver who lacks speed much like former Trojan Keyshawn Johnson.

Ronnie Brown: Tall, vertical runner, a faster Chris Brown.

Aaron Rodgers: Smart, NFL ready QB who lacks top measurebales, very much like Chad Pennington of the New York Jets.

Carnell Williams: You don't often find feature backs at Williams' size. But he gets by with his quickness to the hole and his vision. It would be fair to call him a slightly less explosive version of Washington Redskin Clinton Portis he also shares some similarities with Curtis Martin.

Alex Smith: Tall, and slightly lanky passer with decent mobility and good smarts. Reminds me a lot of Joey Harrington.

Cedric Benson: Runs bigger than his listed size and is built a lot like Lamont Jordan.

As stated above, these are only the comparisons for the players I feel have a decent chance of getting drafted by the Phins. They have comparisons for many more prospects at draftshowcae.com under "Top 100 Prospects."

Added note: I don't know how old these comparisons are, but analysis of Ronnie Brown said he would probably go late first round, defintetly a 1st day pick, so i'm guessin these are pretty old. I think they are pretty good comparisons though.

My list would look like this for those guys:

Aaron Rogers: David Carr

Alex Smith: Chad Pennington

Ronnie Brown: LT, but not as good

Cadillac Williams: Curtis Martin

Cedric Benson: Stephen Alexander

Braylon Edwards: Javon Walker

Mike Williams: a bigger Hines Ward

Derrick Johnson: Keith Bulluck

Antrel Rolle: Chris McCalister

sports24/7 said:
My list would look like this for those guys:

Aaron Rogers: David Carr

Alex Smith: Chad Pennington

Ronnie Brown: LT, but not as good

Cadillac Williams: Curtis Martin

Cedric Benson: Stephen Alexander

Braylon Edwards: Javon Walker

Mike Williams: a bigger Hines Ward

Derrick Johnson: Keith Bulluck

Antrel Rolle: Chris McCalister

Benson reminds you of a former redskin tight end? Or is that a combo of Stephen Davis and Shaun Alexander?

Dudeman said:
Chad can't run, Alex has very good mobility
True, I should have said a more athletic Pennington, but that aside they are very similar IMO. Not a great arm, but very accurate and can really manage a game.

sports24/7 said:
True, I should have said a more athletic Pennington, but that aside they are very similar IMO. Not a great arm, but very accurate and can really manage a game.

Smith's arm is noticeably stronger than Pennington's was coming out of college.

If memory serves me right Chad Pennington ran a 4.43 at the combine. Definitely an eye-popper.

NorFlaFin said:
If memory serves me right Chad Pennington ran a 4.43 at the combine. Definitely an eye-popper.

No way in heck Penny ran a 4.4 maybe closer to a 4.9 or 5.0.

Ronnie Brown is like Fred Taylor. He's too big to be like Tomlinson.

Cedric Benson: Runs bigger than his listed size and is built a lot like Lamont Jordan.

Strange that he was not compared to Ricky....

Dudeman said:
I think that Ronnie Brown is Deuce McAllister

Good call...Deuce is 6'1" 232 lbs and he is a pretty good reciever out of the backfield as well.

Brown is most comparable to McAllister...

NorFlaFin said:
nope... I can almost guarnatee that your memory is playing up and hes let you down. :tongue:

That means that Chad can keep up with Ronnie Brown and would outpace Antrel Rolle.

Back
Top Bottom