Top Five Centers Of The Nba Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Five Centers Of The Nba Draft

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=dw-centers062005&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

(Talks quite a lot about Bogut in the article)

1. Andrew Bogut, 7-1, Utah, Sophomore.

2. Channing Frye, 7-0, Arizona, Senior – The long-armed shot blocker can run the court well. Mature and polished.

3. Johan Petro, 7-0, France – Already 260 pounds, this 19-year-old could get huge. Scouts say he needs better foot work.

4. Andray Blatche, 6-11, South Kent (Conn.) High School – He has a tremendous face-up game, but he needs to get more comfortable on the blocks.

5. Martynas Andriuskevicius, 7-3, Lithuania – Scouts rave about the 18-year-old's upside, but his stock has dropped this spring.

Dan Wetzel

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
No Andrew Bynum? I'd be a bit surprised if Bynum doesn't go in round 1. Possibly before Petro or Blatche.

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
This list is off by alot

Andray Blatche is a PF...not heavy enough for the center spot only weighing about 230 lbs.

Martynas isnt gonna enter the draft this year...he'll wait until next year

Andrew Bynum right now isnt even a first round lock...so if things dont change in a couple days he could pull out of the draft and just decide to go to UCONN [Which would then have 4 potential 1st round picks next year...they'd be my pick to win it all :D ]

Randolph Morris is probobly gonna return for his senior season since hes not a first round lock either

My top 5 centers go like this

1. Andrew Bogut Utah [Best player in the draft]
2. Channing Frye Arizona [Good Shooter, But needs to be more physical]
3. Chris Taft Pittsburgh [Going to be making the move from PF to Center]
4. Johan Petro France [Good Wingspan...but is still very slow]
5. Dwayne Jones St Josephs [Needs to add weight but for his size hes very phsical]

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Roman529 said:
TAFT IS A BUST.

I agree. Saw him play a lot and has no passion or heart. When he wants to play he can be a beast. Too bad he only wants to play once a month!

phunwin

Reaction score
I agree. Taft's got a million dollar body with a ten cent head. With the right coach (i.e. someone who will light a fire under his @$$), he could be good. But with the wrong coach, he's Yinka Dare.

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Taft has all the tools but hes still very lazy and hasnt shown much...But people know that they can coach him into a star thats why hes a top 5 center

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Buddwalk said:
This list is off by alot

Andray Blatche is a PF...not heavy enough for the center spot only weighing about 230 lbs.

Martynas isnt gonna enter the draft this year...he'll wait until next year

Andrew Bynum right now isnt even a first round lock...so if things dont change in a couple days he could pull out of the draft and just decide to go to UCONN [Which would then have 4 potential 1st round picks next year...they'd be my pick to win it all :D ]

Randolph Morris is probobly gonna return for his senior season since hes not a first round lock either

My top 5 centers go like this

1. Andrew Bogut Utah [Best player in the draft]
2. Channing Frye Arizona [Good Shooter, But needs to be more physical]
3. Chris Taft Pittsburgh [Going to be making the move from PF to Center]
4. Johan Petro France [Good Wingspan...but is still very slow]
5. Dwayne Jones St Josephs [Needs to add weight but for his size hes very phsical]

Martynas actually said yesterday he was staying in (but he's not a top 5 C in the draft due to his lack of production).

Bynum will be a first rounder, and Morris won't return for his SR year (especially since if he went back to school, because he'd be a sophmore)

IMO the top 5 are...

1.Andrew Bogut
2.Channing Frye
3.Andrew Bynum
4.Johan Petro
5.Dwayne Jones (who is considered by some scouts a boarderline 1st).

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I didnt hear anywhere that martynas was staying in but if he is heres how my centers rank top 5 [Could you please post a link backing up your statement]

I just also read that Bynum will probobly opt for the draft even though hes not a lock for the first

Taft has been falling like crazy, so he could end up going to the kings at 24

1. Andrew Bogut [Best Player in the Draft]
2. Channing Frye [Stock has been rising alot...Top 10 pick for sure]
3. Martynas [Might fall out of top 10...but out of lottery aint happening...His size 7''3 240 lbs. is unique]
4. Petro [His stock will never be this high...should go 20-25]
5. Bynum [Probobly taken high second...Borderline first at best, should stay in school]

phunwin

Reaction score
Word is that Bynum has received a promise in the lottery. He cancelled a workout with the Nets (#15), and his agent says he's got a promise from a team higher than that.

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Buddwalk said:
I didnt hear anywhere that martynas was staying in but if he is heres how my centers rank top 5 [Could you please post a link backing up your statement]

I just also read that Bynum will probobly opt for the draft even though hes not a lock for the first

Taft has been falling like crazy, so he could end up going to the kings at 24

1. Andrew Bogut [Best Player in the Draft]
2. Channing Frye [Stock has been rising alot...Top 10 pick for sure]
3. Martynas [Might fall out of top 10...but out of lottery aint happening...His size 7''3 240 lbs. is unique]
4. Petro [His stock will never be this high...should go 20-25]
5. Bynum [Probobly taken high second...Borderline first at best, should stay in school]

http://www.draftdaily.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=385&z=8

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
phunwin said:
Word is that Bynum has received a promise in the lottery. He cancelled a workout with the Nets (#15), and his agent says he's got a promise from a team higher than that.
I bet he doesnt get drafted til atleast 25

phunwin

Reaction score
Buddwalk said:
I bet he doesnt get drafted til atleast 25

Well, that's where I'd take him, but you don't shut down a workout with the #15 team unless you've got a promise from a team above that. Those promises are always honored, too, so I wouldn't count on the Lakers or T-Wolves, assuming it's them, backing out. A team that dishonored one of those promises would be blackballed by agents all over the league.

Top Bottom