Marshall Faulk

Curtis Martin

Priest Holmes

Shaun Alexander

Terrell Davis

Edrigen James(however you spell it)

Ladanian Tomilson

Ahman Green

just Bettis, but I dunno if he is a top back...he is either hurt or sucking lately

Maybe Bettis.

Anyway I voted for E. James because I wanted him more than RW a couple months ago when a story broke about the interest in the dolphins the two shared.

sorry no bettis but the bus is breaking down. These young guys should lead the league. Except for terrell but you never know.

I chose Marshall Faulk. The guy has had back-to-back MVP-caliber years, and I doubt next year's going to be any different, especially if the Rams add Johnnie Morton. I would have voted for James this time last year, but The Edge is coming off of a serious injury, and as such, he's a big question mark for this upcoming year.

I hope Ricky Williams is the best RB next year, but I doubt he will have as many total-yards as Marshall Faulk next year unless Faulk gets the injury-bug.

Marshall. Marshall. Marshall. I don't really think he qualifys. We would need to make up a position like Uberback or Ultraback or something, he plays just about every offensive position except Tackle.

Although Willams is my favorite back, and has been since he was drafted, I think Edge has, thus far, been the best pure back in the league. I agree with 054 that Marshall is great, but he is an all around back and I voted on pure RB ability so I give a slight edge to the Edge (not U2's.)

Ronnie, I can think of one missing RB and have one question. First, Anthony "A-Train" Thomas should definitely be up there as one of the top backs. I also question putting Dunn up there at all. He's a good third down back at best but not an every down back and certainly not one of the better backs in the league. Good poll anyway though.:confused:

P.S. Welcome to the boards:)

Like '87 said in another thread, there are lots of good backs from 2002 like Alexander, A Train and Holmes, but can they repeat it year after year.

RW has been consistently high quality when not hurt, but Faulk has been the best for years.

Of course you did leave off Spurier's S Davis

and the mam about to become the all-time leading rusher: Emmitt Smith :rolleyes:

2 years ago Edge was a close 2nd, but was 2nd

Back
Top Bottom