2.Chris Chambers
3.Zach
4.J.T
5.Pat Surtain
6.Sam Madison
7.Mark Clayton
8.O.J McDuffie
9.Randy McMicheal
10.Ricky Williams (he was amazing when he got here)

[QUOTE='Phins & 'Canes]Who's Dwight Stevens?[/QUOTE]

probably the best center to ever play the game--and he was a dolphin

Whitedolphin54 said:
probably the best center to ever play the game--and he was a dolphin

Well then, you go ahead and hit the internet and find a "Dwight Stevens" ever playing for the Fins let alone as a center. It is Stephenson, not Stevens!

Top ten faves would be difficult, but here goes

1-D Marino
2-AJ Duhe
3-J Jensen
4-D betters
5-D Stephenson
6-J Offerdahl
7-Z Thomas
8-M Clayton
9-T Stradford
10-M Fernandez

I dont want any stick for this as I put this list together in about 1 minute--The way i look at it is these are the players that come to mind quickly when trying to think on the spot

LtDan662002 said:
Well then, you go ahead and hit the internet and find a "Dwight Stevens" ever playing for the Fins let alone as a center. It is Stephenson, not Stevens!

beg your pardon--just got a little excited as he didn't know who he was-being an excellent player and all that--I hate Marty Lyons by the way.--I really dont think marino would be as good as he was if it wasn't for Dwight--Sorry for the spelling

Whitedolphin54 said:
beg your pardon--just got a little excited as he didn't know who he was-being an excellent player and all that--I hate Marty Lyons by the way.--I really dont think marino would be as good as he was if it wasn't for Dwight--Sorry for the spelling

No problem. When the guy typed "Who is Dwight Stevens" it was to point out to the original poster the misspelling

LtDan662002 said:
No problem. When the guy typed "Who is Dwight Stevens" it was to point out to the original poster the misspelling

no problem--it is important for the younger ones to know that Dwight was really important and a major factor to how Dan performed--I personally dont think Dan would have been as big a factor to the Dolphins if Dwight wasn't playing--of course that is no knock on Dan as he played on after dwight had gone-but just imagine if dan and dwight played together when Surtain,Madison,Taylor and Thomas had been playing on D

Whitedolphin54 said:
no problem--it is important for the younger ones to know that Dwight was really important and a major factor to how Dan performed--I personally dont think Dan would have been as big a factor to the Dolphins if Dwight wasn't playing--of course that is no knock on Dan as he played on after dwight had gone-but just imagine if dan and dwight played together when Surtain,Madison,Taylor and Thomas had been playing on D

:drool:

Yea, I can see leaving Zach Thomas off, despite his inspirationally consisten effort, but you gotta have Jason Taylor. After all, it was he who defended marino's yardage record a couple years ago...remember how he ate Gannon in week 15? He can totally dominate a game, and that's hard to do for a defender. I'm not gonna say who can come off, we have a rich history, but JT is an all timer on any team already.

Gasp! I spelled Marino without a capital M! Forgive me o gods of football! 100 hail MARINOS!

I liked Bryan Cox. Put 200% into the game. Was smart and had heart.

I'm really surprised that only one person so far listed Richmond Webb... especially with one person listing Keith Sims??

I can't even make a complete list, being that I never saw the teams from the 70's which were the best in our history....I know the big names, but would do them a disservice to pretend that I know who's better between the stars from those teams.....so my list is from the 1980's on.

1. Don Shula
2. Dan Marino
3. Jason Taylor
4. Zach Thomas
5. Richmond Webb
6. Mark Clayton
7. Mark Duper
8. Sam Madison
9. Bryan Cox
10. Tim Bowens

Back
Top Bottom