Top turnarounds in NFL history | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top turnarounds in NFL history

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Lot’s have people have said ”Tanking doesn’t work”. I say there is ample history of teams that won a max of 3 games one year and then turned it around the next. Whether those teams were tanking or not, they took advantage of their high draft position and turned things around quickly. Below is a list of some of them lest we forget.

2017 Jacksonville Jaguars 3-13 to 10-6 AFC Championship game. They drafted Leonard Fournette and had Miles Jack

2011 Indianapolis Colts (suck for Luck), went 2-11, then drafted Andrew Luck and in 2012 went 11-5 Lost AFC Wild Card

2012 Kansas City Chiefs went 2-11, then in 2013 turned it around and went 11-5, lost in Wildcard round

2007 Miami Dolphins went 1-15, 2008 went 11-5 lost in AFC Wildcard

1998 Indianapolis Colts went 3-13, Drafted Peyton Manning and then went 13-3 in 1999, lost divisional round

1989 Dallas Cowboys went 1-15, then in 1990 went 7-9, then in 1991 11-5 made divisional playoffs, 1992 13-3 SuperBowl Champions

For those of you who think this tank is stupid, a bad idea, and we are doomed to fail I say to you, that Is possible, but there is plenty of evidence of teams that were just about as crappy as us, or that were just as crappy as us that turned things around quickly by rebuilding, drafting high, and cleaning up their roster. The colts were an outright tank just like us and you can see what happened. Whilst Luck was a higher rated prospect than Tua, Tua is also very highly rated and could potentially have that kind of impact on a team.

I just wish that there was a Luck or Manning in this draft.

Good post OP. One nit pick - it reads as though the Colts went 3-13 then drafted Manning when in fact it was Manning’s first year that they went 3-13. Not sure what they were the year prior.

Good post OP. One nit pick - it reads as though the Colts went 3-13 then drafted Manning when in fact it was Manning’s first year that they went 3-13. Not sure what they were the year prior.

No, that is true. They drafted manning, went 3-13, then turned it around. Sorry about the confusion

Lot’s have people have said ”Tanking doesn’t work”. I say there is ample history of teams that won a max of 3 games one year and then turned it around the next. Whether those teams were tanking or not, they took advantage of their high draft position and turned things around quickly. Below is a list of some of them lest we forget.

2017 Jacksonville Jaguars 3-13 to 10-6 AFC Championship game. They drafted Leonard Fournette and had Miles Jack

2011 Indianapolis Colts (suck for Luck), went 2-11, then drafted Andrew Luck and in 2012 went 11-5 Lost AFC Wild Card

2012 Kansas City Chiefs went 2-11, then in 2013 turned it around and went 11-5, lost in Wildcard round

2007 Miami Dolphins went 1-15, 2008 went 11-5 lost in AFC Wildcard

1998 Indianapolis Colts went 3-13, Drafted Peyton Manning and then went 13-3 in 1999, lost divisional round

1989 Dallas Cowboys went 1-15, then in 1990 went 7-9, then in 1991 11-5 made divisional playoffs, 1992 13-3 SuperBowl Champions

For those of you who think this tank is stupid, a bad idea, and we are doomed to fail I say to you, that Is possible, but there is plenty of evidence of teams that were just about as crappy as us, or that were just as crappy as us that turned things around quickly by rebuilding, drafting high, and cleaning up their roster. The colts were an outright tank just like us and you can see what happened. Whilst Luck was a higher rated prospect than Tua, Tua is also very highly rated and could potentially have that kind of impact on a team.

Interesting..What was the catalyst(besides Brady being down) with the turn around with the Dolphings in 2007-2008? I'll give everyone a hint..it's a QB

Heck you can see it with old Fitz. The guy comes in and the offense looks like a completely different team. Unfortunately as much as he gives he takes away too.

But the point remains. A good Qb can elevate the entire team.

I'm really getting sick of all these idiots on ESPN and elsewhere trashing Miami and constantly taking shots at everything they're doing. One of my favorites is the, "You can have all of these picks but you still have to hit on them."

Well, no **** sherlock. And so does every other team that drafts. The only difference is we have way more and better picks than everyone else. So even if we do screw some up we have plenty left to use.

Back
Top Bottom