Top turnarounds in NFL history | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top turnarounds in NFL history

Although I havent studied those turnaround teams cited by OP,I imagine they looked NOTHING like the current Fin team where almost all talent was jettisoned.

I suspect they had great continuity, had some bad breaks the prior year, and showed signs of a decent team if they could just find those few missing ingredients and avoid some bad breaks.

That doesnt appear to fit the Dolphins picture currently.

Nope this is an expansion team without the benefit of poaching players off other teams. The people who want to tank should look how long it takes expansion teams to win (if they ever do)

J.J. built a championship level defense in Miami despite being in cap hell.
Sometimes the X's and O's matter as much as the Jimmy and Joe's.

What's the point of being a Fan at this stage if you don't think they can turn it around?

Why not go route for another team and come back in a minmum of 3 years?

Because Ross is going to give them at least that much time.

What stands out to me is that 12 years ago we sat at 1-15 and here we are again staring at 0-16. What other NFL franchise has such crappy seasons in such a short time span.

What stands out to me is that 12 years ago we sat at 1-15 and here we are again staring at 0-16. What other NFL franchise has such crappy seasons in such a short time span.

Should've taken the QB. Don't make the same mistake this time.

Nope this is an expansion team without the benefit of poaching players off other teams. The people who want to tank should look how long it takes expansion teams to win (if they ever do)
1995 The Carolina Panthers went 7-9 their first year, and then 12-4 their second year.

And how about the Texans, Jaguars, Browns - still trying to put a team together in their 15th+ year.

I only answered the question about has there ever been an expansion team that ever started winning quickly and I simply quoted an example of one, that’s all. It’s not to say they are all like that, and the Jaguars had some good seasons fairly quickly with Mark Brunnel back in the day but whatever. I’m not saying they are all like that, merely putting some historical facts on the table.

Back
Top Bottom