Top two picks will be receivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top two picks will be receivers

I don't think we will trade out of the number 2 spot unless we solidify a QB already(see previous thread on Rivers trade) Or solidify a RB (RW coming back)

sorry but im not sold on RW solidifying anything even if he does come back, not saying he lost all his talent, but it appears that he isnt in football shape.

someone like fason or arrington and i will agree with you as well

ok....what about this...first round, Mike Williams, if we pick up a second, Ciatrick Fason, 3rd round, Adrian Mcpherson..... i know we need some safety depth, maybe some OL depth, but i would be very happy with this, what do you think?

fishypete said:
I doubt you would find many fans here agree with you that Rivers is rated lower than Rodgers or Smith. Many here had Rivers rated as high as Eli Manning...and neither Junior is close to him.

There's been only one source posted that listed their grades on last year's draft prospects and this year's prospects. That source showed Rogers rated above Rivers and Smith rated with him. I'm sure you've seen it, but yet you continue to ignore anything that doesn't fit your opinion.

fishypete said:
That how I see it so far....I just read a article that the 49ers and S.D. are talking about trading Rivers to the 49ers for the 1st pick. Frankly it makes sense for both teams to do that....the 49ers receive a higher rated QB than the the two junior QB's in this draft and at a cheaper price and a second round pick...I believe Rivers contract only cost's an avg of 350,000 for the next two years...and truely doesn't kick in until after two years from now....the Chargers get the best weapon in the draft Edwards....and add a great talent for years to come. Now...with that happening....you now have at least two teams that want M. Williams....the Vikes and Bucs....both have extra picks and play into Saban's hands...and plan, to trade down and acquire extra picks. So don't be surprised to see Edwards taken with the 1st pick and Williams taken with the 2nd pick.

And the Bears!

I read the Niners are denying that Rivers trade, it wont happen. I would be extremely surprised if Edwards and Williams went 1/2

I don't know about the Rivers trade rumor, it could be true/could not be true, who the hell knows. But if it is, and San Diego gets Edwards their offense is going to be lethal........... Braylon Edwards, Keenan McCardel, Antonio Gates, and Ladanian Tomlinson............WoW!!!

fishypete said:
Since it's not a rumor...but information from the owners meetings...I have to tend to believe it's closer to fact. Adding that neither Junior QB is close to be a starter....only makes the deal smarter for the niners.

It's still a rumor. A reporter heard from somebody who speaks to people with connections to those at the owner's meeting. Must be a fact. :shakeno:

fishypete said:
Since it's not a rumor...

:shakeno:

This was seen on Pro Football Talk's rumor mill. c'mon man!!! :roflmao:

DcRy82 said:
to be honest, i like your ideas fishypete, but i always thought Rothlisberger should have been drafted before rivers. im really not to hot on rivers, his mechanics suck. although i feel this way, i honestly dont know who is going to be better, but i wish the second overall pick WAS a wide receiver and that we still had that pick... notice the pic under my name....

you guys talk about drafting a reciever and if for some reason we actually did everyone on this board would be ranting and raving next off season when we still had no running game and had no QB that could get the ball to our above average ( talent wise ) receivers unless you haven't noticed we have receivers that our QB can't throw the ball to and we have no running game b/c we have a roster full of back ups and even if we had a running back our line is absolutely terrible so ok YEAH lets draft a receiver that sounds like a wanny of a idea.

DonShula84 said:
I read the Niners are denying that Rivers trade, it wont happen. I would be extremely surprised if Edwards and Williams went 1/2

Don; First Teams all deny things are happening until it happen's....and why would you be surprised? Rivers is better prepared that the Juniors....he'll come cheaper and the 49ers get an additional draft pick. The Chargers get out of Rivers contract and they get the best rated receiver in the draft...and just lose a second round pick and they still have their 2nd first round pick. With Edwards gone...you'll have teams wanting M. Williams calling Saban....to trade up....it'll be great for us and I believe it will happen that way.

hunter5nc1 said:
you guys talk about drafting a reciever and if for some reason we actually did everyone on this board would be ranting and raving next off season when we still had no running game and had no QB that could get the ball to our above average ( talent wise ) receivers unless you haven't noticed we have receivers that our QB can't throw the ball to and we have no running game b/c we have a roster full of back ups and even if we had a running back our line is absolutely terrible so ok YEAH lets draft a receiver that sounds like a wanny of a idea.

I think you need to take the time and read the thread again.

Back
Top Bottom