Top two picks will be receivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top two picks will be receivers

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
That how I see it so far....I just read a article that the 49ers and S.D. are talking about trading Rivers to the 49ers for the 1st pick. Frankly it makes sense for both teams to do that....the 49ers receive a higher rated QB than the the two junior QB's in this draft and at a cheaper price and a second round pick...I believe Rivers contract only cost's an avg of 350,000 for the next two years...and truely doesn't kick in until after two years from now....the Chargers get the best weapon in the draft Edwards....and add a great talent for years to come. Now...with that happening....you now have at least two teams that want M. Williams....the Vikes and Bucs....both have extra picks and play into Saban's hands...and plan, to trade down and acquire extra picks. So don't be surprised to see Edwards taken with the 1st pick and Williams taken with the 2nd pick.

I don't believe that Phillip Rivers rumor at all, and I still feel that the first two pciks will be QBs. Whether Miami keeps the pick or trades it remains to be seen, but I would be very surprised if the first two picks weren't Rodgers and Smith.

I don't believe that trade rumor at all. Rogers is rated higher than Rivers so that makes the trade nonsensical for the 9rs.

ghost of marino said:
I don't believe that Phillip Rivers rumor at all, and I still feel that the first two pciks will be QBs. Whether Miami keeps the pick or trades it remains to be seen, but I would be very surprised if the first two picks weren't Rodgers and Smith.

Since it's not a rumor...but information from the owners meetings...I have to tend to believe it's closer to fact. Adding that neither Junior QB is close to be a starter....only makes the deal smarter for the niners.

rafael said:
I don't believe that trade rumor at all. Rogers is rated higher than Rivers so that makes the trade nonsensical for the 9rs.

I doubt you would find many fans here agree with you that Rivers is rated lower than Rodgers or Smith. Many here had Rivers rated as high as Eli Manning...and neither Junior is close to him.

fishypete said:
I doubt you would find many fans here agree with you that Rivers is rated lower than Rodgers or Smith. Many here had Rivers rated as high as Eli Manning...and neither Junior is close to him.

I agree. Any of the top 3 last year would blow these guys out of the water.

to be honest, i like your ideas fishypete, but i always thought Rothlisberger should have been drafted before rivers. im really not to hot on rivers, his mechanics suck. although i feel this way, i honestly dont know who is going to be better, but i wish the second overall pick WAS a wide receiver and that we still had that pick... notice the pic under my name....

DcRy82 said:
to be honest, i like your ideas fishypete, but i always thought Rothlisberger should have been drafted before rivers. im really not to hot on rivers, his mechanics suck. although i feel this way, i honestly dont know who is going to be better, but i wish the second overall pick WAS a wide receiver and that we still had that pick... notice the pic under my name....

Not really my idea....just letting fans know what I read. I believe the talks makes sense for both S.D. and the 49ers....and can only help the Dolphins. Sometimes one has to use a little common sense.

fishypete said:

in actual terms of draft grades, rodgers has a higher one than rivers and i believe that rivers and smith have the same draft grade.

i meant the idea that most wouldnt consider the top two QBs as better than rivers because that is true, most would take rivers.... and i also didnt say that YOU thought we should pick up a WR, i was saying that that is what I would want even tho its not a necessity.... so please dont tell me i need to "use a little common sense" unless you understand what i was saying. maybe i wasnt clear, but dont assume what i said and then tell me to use common sense because that is something that i have a lot of. haha besides, the last time i assumed, it made an A$$ out of U and ME....

fishypete said:

Please Pete, Rivers was a possible second rounder last year until the Senior Bowl, The only reason he went so high in the first round was Shottenheimer fell in love with him, now don't get me wrong, I like Rivers, but frankly both QB's in this draft are better athletes with arms as good or better than Rivers.

rafael said:

The only thing that would make it make sense would be the niners picking up a second rounder in the deal and that they would not have to pay the signing bonus, Rivers as a prospect has nothing on these two, if he's even as good, but there are some other benefits to the Niners.

You are probably right, he most likely wont, but he should. last year he would have been. i guess he lost all his talent according to most

I actually haven't heard about the Phillip Rivers until now, which it really opened my eyes. In my opinion, that'd be a great trade for both teams. The San Diego Chargers will be getting the #1 pick and will have a lot more CAP room. I'm guessing they'd take Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams... Even though that may to be early for either of them. But than again, is anyone in this draft DEFINITELY worthy of the #1 pick. On the other hand, the Niners would have their definite future QB. Yeah, they could just easily draft Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers, but with their next pick or if they get more they could after a WR probably. And you never know if Philip Rivers turns out to be pretty good, it'll be worth it. Though, as I just said when I saw this is opened my eyes. I don't buy it yet. And I really doubt it'll happen. It doesn't happen so often that the #1 pick gets traded, but when the Niners had the #1 pick and traded it, I believe it was for OJ...

Back
Top Bottom