Top Undrafted Nfl Free Agents In History | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top Undrafted Nfl Free Agents In History

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...d-free-agent-signings-in-nfl-history.amp.html

There are some pretty interesting names on this list. I have heard others saying that there aren’t any UDFA’s who ever make a difference and I think this list shows that’s not true. Including some like Wes Welker, tony romo, james Harrison, warren moon, etc.

That’s not to say that there are any that great in this years class that came to the dolphins, but there is a chance that 1 or two of them could be good or even great? I think every year on some team there are.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head I can't believe Joe Jacobi was not on that list. Won 3 Super Bowl. Went to 4 pro bowls and was a two time All Pro for the Skins. On top of that he made the all 80's team as an OT.
And that was when the NFL had 12 rounds.

I have heard others saying that there aren’t so many UDFA’s who ever make a difference and I think this list shows that’s not true.

Well as a percentage they're right, it's a very low hit rate when it comes to UDFAs. You hear about the ones that do because the media and fans love a 'this time last year he as stacking shelves' story.

Well as a percentage they're right, it's a very low hit rate when it comes to UDFAs. You hear about the ones that do because the media and fans love a 'this time last year he as stacking shelves' story.

The quote I was talking about was a lot less nuanced than the point you just made, it was more absolute. The % isn’t really high, but it’s also not that unusual for 1 or 2 UDFA’s to make a difference every year or 2 on any team which also doesn’t make the possibility so improbable either, that’s all I’m saying. I guess the point is, let’s see what happens in July and August when the pads go on. Also, on our roster we have so many holes there is an even greater opportunity for an UDFA to get some quality reps if they earn them and win a roster spot on the Dolphins then on say the Rams or Chiefs or what have you.

As for Preston Williams, CK seems to be optimistic about him which makes him worth watching. However, my concern is if he’s smart enough to put it together, take football seriously, and stay out of trouble. What I mean by that is if football is important to you and you know that you have made some off field mistakes, wouldn’t you be smart enough or disciplined enough to train hard for your pro-day? On the other hand, there is a fair amount of film of him making plays, and he has good size, so it will be interesting to watch. Then after all that if he does play well on the field, he still has to have it together enough to stay out of trouble. Just seems to me that more of these guys end up not working out than do, but here’s to hope springing eternal! What’s more dolphins fan than that?

Last edited:
Being undraft is more popular than being draft after3 rd. They should extend draft to at leased 10 rd

Back
Top Bottom