Total Rebuild- Trade Stills, Wilson, & Grant? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Total Rebuild- Trade Stills, Wilson, & Grant?

Wow, I think I posted in the first couple of pages and now I came back and read this last page and there's a fight going on here. Wtf?
People, keep in mind that NOBODY on this board gets to make any decisions for the team. Everything here is just pretty much an opinion. No reason to get so mad at each other.

There are some positions that need to be rebuilt, and I think DL and OL are the two most obvious. We can't churn over 100% of the personnel in one year. Typically, coaches churn 70% to 80% of the roster in 2 years. With that in mind, I'm fairly confident that the receiver room will stay in tact minus the older veteran Amendola. The rest still have at least 5-8 more years of productivity in their games, more than enough time to benefit a rookie 2020 QB. My guess is that these guys stay, and at the end of the 2019 season, we look at injuries and salary to see whether we need to do anything. Then, probably in 2020 or 2021 we will draft a WR to groom with our young QB and we'll probably move on from this cadre of WR's one a year from then onward.

Parker has the size and is the type of good deep receiver that Fitzgerald likes, so I see him having a lot of use during the transition time. If he doesn't develop by then, he's the first to go. Wilson and Grant have the RAC ability to really shine in this offense, so I suspect we keep them. Stills is our most reliable deep threat, so he's likely to stay a bit as well. Of the positions that need to change personnel to run the Patriots' system … WR is probably the group most ready to make the transition, so I doubt the rest will go anytime soon.

At TE we've invested in youth (Gesicki, Durham) and brought in veterans (Allen, Wolford). At RB we have Drake and will likely add more, including a hybrid FB/TE type. QB is going to be drafted in 2020 or 2019 (I sure hope we don't waste draft picks on a QB in 2019). The OL is going to be remade from scratch starting this year and finishing next year. Tunsil is the only long-term solution we have on the OL at this point. That's the plan for the offensive side of the roster as I see it.

It didn't take Baker Mayfield, Dak Prescott, or Russell Wilson a year to adapt. They were pretty good from the get go. If you get the right QB, they can have an impact right away.
I agree … but they were better than the QB's in the 2019 class.

Baker Mayfield is one of the best at quickly taking in information visually, processing it, deciding what to do, and translating that to action, quickly releasing the ball, and putting the ball where it needs to be. He was better than most of the NFL at that while he was in college … truly phenomenal at read-and-react natural ability … which coupled with his confidence, leadership, and accuracy, are the reasons he was able to instantly succeed.

Russell Wilson was a very poised and polished QB at NC State when he was pushed out for the taller kid that became an NFL journeyman. So Wilson went to Wisconsin, learned another team, and again picked right up being an excellent QB, proving he could learn, adapt, and execute at a high level. He was experienced and proven. He was just undervalued because he was short. People thought he couldn't see over the OL, and they were right, but he made a living out of seeing between them or sprinting out where his view was clear and buying time for a so-so OL. None of the guys in this draft possess the QB ability that Wilson had, each of them comes with some serious deficiencies. Wilson's only one was height, which proved not a big deal.

Dak Prescott came into a perfect situation. He had a dominant OL, dominant running game, and even the Dallas Defense got better. But after that first initial season, he hasn't been as good, because the ideal environment dropped back to simply good, and he isn't as good of a QB as those other two, IMHO.

Not every year has great QB prospects … when they don't, the media hypes up guys like Jake Locker, Blain Gabbert, Christian Ponder, and Andy Dalton. When the experts were saying the only good QB was going to be Cam Newton, and Cam went #1 overall … the media and QB-needy teams pushed up these other guys who just weren't special prospects.

Does anyone else just love the constant idiotic posts from the Dolphin-infection, that are constantly shown to be wrong and misinformation. Such a clear troll

Thanks @Gonzo and @superphin , facts vs fiction is very nice

I agree … but they were better than the QB's in the 2019 class.

Baker Mayfield is one of the best at quickly taking in information visually, processing it, deciding what to do, and translating that to action, quickly releasing the ball, and putting the ball where it needs to be. He was better than most of the NFL at that while he was in college … truly phenomenal at read-and-react natural ability … which coupled with his confidence, leadership, and accuracy, are the reasons he was able to instantly succeed.

Russell Wilson was a very poised and polished QB at NC State when he was pushed out for the taller kid that became an NFL journeyman. So Wilson went to Wisconsin, learned another team, and again picked right up being an excellent QB, proving he could learn, adapt, and execute at a high level. He was experienced and proven. He was just undervalued because he was short. People thought he couldn't see over the OL, and they were right, but he made a living out of seeing between them or sprinting out where his view was clear and buying time for a so-so OL. None of the guys in this draft possess the QB ability that Wilson had, each of them comes with some serious deficiencies. Wilson's only one was height, which proved not a big deal.

Dak Prescott came into a perfect situation. He had a dominant OL, dominant running game, and even the Dallas Defense got better. But after that first initial season, he hasn't been as good, because the ideal environment dropped back to simply good, and he isn't as good of a QB as those other two, IMHO.

Not every year has great QB prospects … when they don't, the media hypes up guys like Jake Locker, Blain Gabbert, Christian Ponder, and Andy Dalton. When the experts were saying the only good QB was going to be Cam Newton, and Cam went #1 overall … the media and QB-needy teams pushed up these other guys who just weren't special prospects.

Kyler Murray is in that class of potentially elite QBs along with Tua and Fromm.

But outside of him this class is severely lacking "potentially elite" guys from what they did in college.

Might as well have half the starting roster be rookies. Hell, move to Puerto Rico, trade everyone, and become an expansion team.

20 year plan.
Don't be surprised if 7+ of the starting 22 (offense + defense) are rookies. It's not a hard concept, both DE's, maybe one DT, and probably one CB on defense. On Offense, 3 OL may be rookies. Not to mention new veterans across the DL, DB, OL, TE, QB, and RB positions, all of which will have new starters at some point next year.

Kyler Murray is in that class of potentially elite QBs along with Tua and Fromm.

But outside of him this class is severely lacking "potentially elite" guys from what they did in college.
I actually agree with you on that one, Murray is elite. But I don't include him because to get the most out of him you would want to run the polar opposite system from what the Patriots system is that O'Shea said we will be running. Murray is tailor-made for the Kliff Kingsbury system, but not really for ours, IMHO. Elite, yes, but square peg in a round hole for the Dolphins, IMHO.

Wow, I think I posted in the first couple of pages and now I came back and read this last page and there's a fight going on here. Wtf?
People, keep in mind that NOBODY on this board gets to make any decisions for the team. Everything here is just pretty much an opinion. No reason to get so mad at each other.
What was the name of that guy in Deadpool 2 who spewed toxic vomit? Yeah, he caused the avalanche of posting of off-topic rant/appeasement/troll-feeding that caused this thread to swell up like an allergic reaction.

I actually agree with you on that one, Murray is elite. But I don't include him because to get the most out of him you would want to run the polar opposite system from what the Patriots system is that O'Shea said we will be running. Murray is tailor-made for the Kliff Kingsbury system, but not really for ours, IMHO. Elite, yes, but square peg in a round hole for the Dolphins, IMHO.

The best thing about the Patriot system is that it adjust to the talent at hand ie power running with Corey Dillon, spread offense with Moss, 2 TE set with Gronk and Hernandez. That'a why Don Shula and Bill Belichick are the best and 2nd best HC's of all time. They both ran whatever system fit best with the talent they had.

I really hope that Flores is the opposite of Gase and doesn't get stuck on running his system.

I wouldn't miss on a Kyle Murray because he doesn't fit the Patriot way, though. You might miss out on an incredible talent.

If Murray miraculously falls to thirteen and we pass because he doesn't fit the Patriot way, I'm going to cry harder than when Vanessa Esparza broke my heart in the 8th grade.

The best thing about the Patriot system is that it adjust to the talent at hand ie power running with Corey Dillon, spread offense with Moss, 2 TE set with Gronk and Hernandez. That'a why Don Shula and Bill Belichick are the best and 2nd best HC's of all time. They both ran whatever system fit best with the talent they had.

I really hope that Flores is the opposite of Gase and doesn't get stuck on running his system.

Right. On. Point.

Build around what you have. Don't try to impose a make a no knees Marino sprint three yards for a hand off esque (sorry Jimmy) square peg in round hole system.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the defense because we currently don't have the personnel to run a 3-4. So will they try to force it because ideally the system should be implemented as soon as possible or are they going to wait and transition once they acquire the personnel

This is going to be an arduous road. We've got to have this draft, man. We really need to kill it.

I wouldn't miss on a Kyle Murray because he doesn't fit the Patriot way, though. You might miss out on an incredible talent.

If Murray miraculously falls to thirteen and we pass because he doesn't fit the Patriot way, I'm going to cry harder than when Vanessa Esparza broke my heart in the 8th grade.
I think that's already a done deal … they're locked into the Patriots system.

Nice Badge Super! Thanks for your service!

I don't trade any of the three. This group is going to be special. Gase hindered all their ability. Wilson is going to tear it up under Flores.

Or, maybe as an Admin I can see things you cannot.

Just perhaps he was a re-register who was simply here to stir ****.

Some things could be above your pay grade. I won’t discuss it again.
Typical arrogant response. That was the problem IMO in the first place. If you're going to slap down a troll as you claim perhaps you should do it in private. I know I don't care to see anyone bullied. Your final remark says more than you think and shows firmly where you're coming from. Next you'll be claiming I show up in your magic eight ball of Terrorists.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom