Totally New Concept

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ray R, May 14, 2019.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

This isn't a new concept. Teams have tried to do this for years, especially at the college level. It never works well.

2. JBinSD

JBinSD Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

No.

Mach2 likes this.
  3. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

I like the idea of thinking outside the box, so Ray gets a like from me.

4. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

Much like basketball, a team that plays as a cohesive unit, whether on O, or D, will beat a team of slightly superior athletes, who do not.

Execution! Execution! Execution

It is not required to be overpowering individually, if every individual does their job in the context of the system.

The deal breaker of this theory/approach is the QB position.

Pre/post snap reads, check with me situations, understanding protection calls, symbiotic relationships with recievers, etc are key on offense.

On defense, disguise, and misdirection, with everyone being crystal clear on responsibilities, playing assignment sound football is a necessity.

Ray R likes this.
  5. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

I cant believe people on here arent completely eating you alive for such a suggestion.

The NFL moves at the same pace as congress... Slow as ****. Even if this was the smart thing to do too many old conservatives hoping to "save the integrity of the game" would lose their minds.

Ray R likes this.
  6. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

So you'd rather have Flores go crazy changing QB's all game long? I know it's the off season but sometimes people come up with these fantasies only to realized that they are nothing but fantasies.

7. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

I think we should all be praying that this doesnt happen and that Rosen is the only QB we'll need.

8. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Of course I dont think that.

I was speaking in general terms. I said "Even if this was the smart thing to do.."

I agree that 1 QB is the way to go unless you have an absolute **** show at the QB position.

9. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team Finheaven VIP

I've seen it done as a change up in a game. This really only makes sense if the 2 QBs are totally different like Lamar Jackson and Joe Flacco, not that Baltimore platooned QBs but in ancient football lore John Unitas was sometimes replaced by Tom Matte, the running QB for a series or 2 in games. The Woodstrock thing wasn't that great but Stroker was a cool back up. Both Spurrier and Urban Meyer have found some success with a dual-QB system, but we're talking college. If you have a great QB why take him off the field. Would you platoon Marino, Brees , Brady, Mayfield, Wentz, Goff or anyone of that level? I really think not.

Ray R likes this.