Totally New Concept | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Totally New Concept

This isn't a new concept. Teams have tried to do this for years, especially at the college level. It never works well.

I like the idea of thinking outside the box, so Ray gets a like from me.

I think this is a very good point. I’m currently reading Michael Lombardi’s book where he writes about his time with the Patriots. One thing that becomes totally obvious: Belichick would rather run the same play all game long if they had enough practice to perfect it instead of running 3 different plays which they haven’t practiced a lot. I believe our new coaches are from the same mold: practice makes perfect and they will not be doing stuff in games if they’re not comfortable with them. Having said that, there is not enough time for two QBs.
Much like basketball, a team that plays as a cohesive unit, whether on O, or D, will beat a team of slightly superior athletes, who do not.

Execution! Execution! Execution

It is not required to be overpowering individually, if every individual does their job in the context of the system.

The deal breaker of this theory/approach is the QB position.

Pre/post snap reads, check with me situations, understanding protection calls, symbiotic relationships with recievers, etc are key on offense.

On defense, disguise, and misdirection, with everyone being crystal clear on responsibilities, playing assignment sound football is a necessity.

I cant believe people on here arent completely eating you alive for such a suggestion.

The NFL moves at the same pace as congress... Slow as ****. Even if this was the smart thing to do too many old conservatives hoping to "save the integrity of the game" would lose their minds.

I cant believe people on here arent completely eating you alive for such a suggestion.

The NFL moves at the same pace as congress... Slow as ****. Even if this was the smart thing to do too many old conservatives hoping to "save the integrity of the game" would lose their minds.
So you'd rather have Flores go crazy changing QB's all game long? I know it's the off season but sometimes people come up with these fantasies only to realized that they are nothing but fantasies.

I think we should all be praying that this doesnt happen and that Rosen is the only QB we'll need.

Of course I dont think that.

I was speaking in general terms. I said "Even if this was the smart thing to do.."

I agree that 1 QB is the way to go unless you have an absolute **** show at the QB position.

I've seen it done as a change up in a game. This really only makes sense if the 2 QBs are totally different like Lamar Jackson and Joe Flacco, not that Baltimore platooned QBs but in ancient football lore John Unitas was sometimes replaced by Tom Matte, the running QB for a series or 2 in games. The Woodstrock thing wasn't that great but Stroker was a cool back up. Both Spurrier and Urban Meyer have found some success with a dual-QB system, but we're talking college. If you have a great QB why take him off the field. Would you platoon Marino, Brees , Brady, Mayfield, Wentz, Goff or anyone of that level? I really think not.

Back
Top Bottom