tough article on Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

tough article on Brown

It's a fair article. It's not like he's flat out saying Brown sucks, he's just saying that Edwards was the better pick in his opinion.

Cote is entitled to his opinion....it is the wrong opinion though.

He just needs something to whine about (typical South Florida media, overly negative and still pissed about Saban kicking him and the rest of the press leaches to the curb).

unifiedtheory said:
Cote is entitled to his opinion....it is the wrong opinion though.

He just needs something to whine about (typical South Florida media, overly negative and still pissed about Saban kicking him and the rest of the press leaches to the curb).

agreed - it's passive aggressive writing at its worst

Yeah drafting a player that will touch the ball 1-10 times a game is so much better then a player who touches the ball 15-30. Pfft he (Cote) needs to take a seat and cork it.

Some people just don't get the fact Ronnie can be split out to the sides and play WR also.

The better college HB does not mean he will be the better NFL HB.

Ronnie Brown has everything you look for in a for real NFL HB. Not saying Caddy won't be, but H2 was just the obvious pick. Plus you can't please everyone out there. If they drafted Caddy I'm sure Cote would have written how could they have passed on the obvious choice in H2.

They have to sell papers and Internet clicks, that's all he's doing.

Phinz4Life said:
It's a fair article. It's not like he's flat out saying Brown sucks, he's just saying that Edwards was the better pick in his opinion.

He is either saying Brown stinks or he has no clue how Saban was playing this draft. Either way I am glad he titled this piece "In My Own Opinion."

It's a bit unsettling to hear your top choice say he didn't expect to be drafted that high and that he was surprised the Dolphins took him. Brown admitted as much Saturday, fomenting the idea his selection was a risk or a reach, shortly after Saban professed, ''We always felt like this was our guy.'' Even though the club had had no contact with Brown since shortly after the February scouting combine.

Versatility is the word Saban put forth a lot Saturday. Brown runs. Catches. Blocks. OK, good. But, again: If the totality of his game wasn't sufficient to unseat Williams at Auburn, is that impact commensurate with a No. 2 overall pick?
He must've been reading this site, and joined forces with the many Cadi and benson fans. :D

yea, not being able to take away all the carries from a runningback that was taken with the 5th pick in the draft means Brown sucks.

It is not like Caddie was a bad runningback

Wildbill3 said:
He is either saying Brown stinks or he has no clue how Saban was playing this draft. Either way I am glad he titled this piece "In My Own Opinion."

He must've been reading this site, and joined forces with the many Cadi and benson fans. :D

More like he went to India to hang out with Ricky. :roflmao:

Did it ever dawn on anybody that perhaps Carnell Williams threatened to transfer out of Auburn if he wasn't the "starter"? That would explain why Brown was the "backup." They both shared the load at Auburn, so neither one was really the "starter." I'm sick of hearing this "backup" rubbish.

The bottomline: Brown is a heck of a talented individual, and he's a team player too. We made the right choice.

Blitz said:
Did it ever dawn on anybody that perhaps Carnell Williams threatened to transfer out of Auburn if he wasn't the "starter"? That would explain why Brown was the "backup." They both shared the load at Auburn, so neither one was really the "starter." I'm sick of hearing this "backup" rubbish.

The bottomline: Brown is a heck of a talented individual, and he's a team player too. We made the right choice.

I agree with "right choice" :cooldude: I could have sworn that I heard Brown call himself a backup yesterday... I kinda shocked me

Cote will write anything to draw attention to himself. He's the same A-hole who wrote that Scott Mitchell should replace Marino, in the early 90's. Brown's clearly the best back in this draft and will make a huge impact .

Cote acts surprised at the pick . . .he ignores the fact that 9 out of 10 mock drafts had us taking Brown the day before the draft . . .both ScoutsInc and Kiper said it was an outstanding pick . . . Merrill Hoge said Brown was the best player in the draft . . . . Cote is acting like an upset 2 year old . . .probably cuz Saban won't kiss his a** like Wanny used to . . .

Back
Top Bottom