Tough love from Flores for Wilkins, who got chewed out, benched after ‘bad penalty’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough love from Flores for Wilkins, who got chewed out, benched after ‘bad penalty’

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Some 24 hours after Brian Flores ripped defensive tackle Christian Wilkins for illegally body-slamming Chargers running back Austin Ekeler, he was “still upset” at his rookie defender.

Refs hit Wilkins with a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty for his WWE takedown on Ekeler during a running play. Flores pulled the first-round pick from the game and chewed him out.

“Look, it’s 10-10, we just missed a field goal and we’re right in it,” Flores said. “We don’t need those. He knows that. I think everybody on the team knows that. I thought it was a bad penalty. We show plays like that on a weekly basis — this is what we’re not going to do, and we do it.”

The silver lining, if there was one, was that penalty did not cost the Dolphins points. They got a stop on fourth down and got the ball back on downs.

Someone needs to show Coach Flores some tough Love, this product he is putting out there is borderline Worst ever in NFL History.

Someone needs to show Coach Flores some tough Love, this product he is putting out there is borderline Worst ever in NFL History.
He has the least talent in the league, and it isn't "borderline".

I can't count more than ten guys that would be considered solid NFL players, and ten is a stretch.

Back
Top Bottom