Tough love from Flores for Wilkins, who got chewed out, benched after ‘bad penalty’ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough love from Flores for Wilkins, who got chewed out, benched after ‘bad penalty’

Ask yourself this question- players on a struggling team are going to start to lose focus and commit even more mental and undisciplined plays..

I prefer the coach to not be happy about it as opposed to just stand on a sideline and shake his head .. (Gase) and let the player know it.. otherwise we it’s just going to happen more and more....

Ask yourself this question- players on a struggling team are going to start to lose focus and commit even more mental and undisciplined plays..

I prefer the coach to not be happy about it as opposed to just stand on a sideline and shake his head .. (Gase) and let the player know it.. otherwise we it’s just going to happen more and more....

There was no part of this that was a question.

I hope Flores knows we're not trying to win.

Flores expects to win every week...as it should be, because though the team is deficient of talent, deficient of coaching experience, and will probably look bad each week, the team needs to show, competitiveness, cohesiveness, focus, and heart going forward.

They may lose, but the team on the field will not lose because they don't care, not paying attention, for lack of will, or just too focused on just himself.

Flores is trying to build a team, with the right mental attitude, and just because this team by years end will be far closer to the overall #1 pick, then the playoffs, does not mean that he should not be expecting the best of his team, or pounding it into their heads how to play like champions.

There was no part of this that was a question.

You are correct, no real question, I just don’t get these comments that Flores is ‘in over his head’ regarding coaching this roster which we all know is so limited... I thought how he handled the Wilkins situation was great.

I bet Gase would have had hardly any reaction and not have benched him.

You are correct, no real question, I just don’t get these comments that Flores is ‘in over his head’ regarding coaching this roster which we all know is so limited... I thought how he handled the Wilkins situation was great.

I agree with this totally. His handling of Wilkins was just the way it should have been handled

I don't really care that some people think Flores is "Over his head" right now. In my opinion he should be. He has coached a total of 4 meaningful games and the team that he has coached is completely devoid of talent and yet (in my eyes) has shown progress while he hasn't thrown the players under the bus. Has said the right things and to this point and he hasn't lost the locker room.

If Flores can get a little bit out of the scrubs that are here, imagine what he can get out of some real talent. Personally I have to think along those lines for myself and stay positive.

Yup he would have looked up and for a second than right back down at his play sheet. Pretty much his reaction to every penalty.

It’s foolish to say Flores is in over his head at this point. IMO it’s impossible to tell. We need to see him under pressure and face adversity. As much as some fans hate this product just watch Flo in his press conferences. It’s clear there is no pressure if you ask me.

For those that think Wilkins was amazing vs Martin.

You can literally pick 7 plays where Wilkins beat or held up well on Martin. Seems people want to dog Wilkins but he is what this team needs with attitude and is physically consistent. Lest ye all forget the high paid " take 10 plays off" players that roamed Hard Rock Stadium.

That's the reason? Because some fan is fascinated with being a 6 to 9 win team? I always thought it was the ineptitude of the front office to draft properly and build a winning football team. Now I know.

It's the continued belief, from Davie and certain aspects of the fanbase, who allow 7 yr experiments at QB.

No one likes being the worst in the league. But I would say no one likes going into a season with a realistic ceiling of 9 wins at best.

Davie is the ultimate blame holder. But fans, do play their part. If you continue to support and pay for a sham product, what changes?

Get use to it.. building from the lines out. Sorry you have different beliefs
Here's a list of our "building from the lines out" 1st round picks in the 21st century. Vernon Carey, Jake Long, Jared Odrick, Mike Pouncey, Dion Jordan, Ja'Wuan James, Laremy Tunsil, Charles Harris, Christian Wilkins. Seems to be about 50/50 on whether or not they become good players. And that's a higher percentage than the other 8 non-line players taken first round during that period.

Back
Top Bottom