at NY Jets
Baltimore
San Diego
at Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland
at Minnesota
at New England

I mean we still have to play the top rated team in the league twice, the Pats...the Jets twice, the Bills twice...games IN Green Bay and IN Denver (two of the toughest home crowds in the league...and the teams are top shelf as well). We gotta play Chicago and Oakland...San Diego. Man.

Let me put it to you this way. There are 7 teams (other than us)out their that are currently 2-0. We are scheduled to play 5 of those 7 teams a total of 6 times in the next 14 games. And unfortunately for us, one of those 6 teams is NOT the Panther pretenders. Teams like Oakland, Chicago, New England, San Diego, and Denver...all of which have looked very good. I know its a little early in the season but the combined record of the rest of our opponents is 18-10

baltimore has no offense but the best redzone defense in the league right now
san diego beat carolina and huston -- notmuch weight in them
minnesota has no d and should be just playing spolier by that game
if you need new englad last that could be tough
we get winnable games in the middle and end tough:
Sep. 22 @Miami 1:00 PM ET
Sep. 29 @Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET
Oct. 6 Kansas City 4:05 PM ET
BYE WEEK
Oct. 20 Minnesota 1:00 PM ET
Oct. 27 Cleveland 1:00 PM ET
Nov. 3 @San Diego 4:05 PM ET
Nov. 10 Miami 8:30 PM ET
Nov. 17 @Detroit 4:15 PM ET
Nov. 24 Buffalo 1:00 PM ET
Dec. 2 @Oakland 9:00 PM ET
Dec. 8 Denver 4:15 PM ET
Dec. 15 @Chicago 1:00 PM ET
Dec. 22 @New England 8:30 PM ET
Dec. 29 Green Bay 4:15 PM ET

It's a pretty difficult schedule, but...

... I'm not worried about the Jets or the Bills games, nor the Chiefs game. Ravens and Chargers are not difficult either, especially since they are both home games.

For me the game of the year is going to be the Broncos game, that's going to be one hell of a hard win.

Bears, Raiders, Vikes and Patriots is a brutal 4 game schedule for any team. IMO that's where we learn if we are for real or not.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
NY Jets
at Kansas City
New England
at Denver
Buffalo
Bye Week
at Green Bay
at NY Jets
Baltimore
San Diego
at Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland
at Minnesota
at New England

I mean we still have to play the top rated team in the league twice, the Pats...the Jets twice, the Bills twice...games IN Green Bay and IN Denver (two of the toughest home crowds in the league...and the teams are top shelf as well). We gotta play Chicago and Oakland...San Diego. Man.

Let me put it to you this way. There are 7 teams (other than us)out their that are currently 2-0. We are scheduled to play 5 of those 7 teams a total of 6 times in the next 14 games. And unfortunately for us, one of those 6 teams is NOT the Panther pretenders. Teams like Oakland, Chicago, New England, San Diego, and Denver...all of which have looked very good. I know its a little early in the season but the combined record of the rest of our opponents is 18-10

I've thought this schedule was hard all alone..but I agree with Oliver..if we're for real then we beat these teams..They are a good match to prepare us for any post season opponents we may face..these teams also determine weather we make the post season also.

im only worried about the broncos and green bay other then that we shouldn't have a problem with the rest.

I would put us over Sand Diego, Baltimore and Chicago easy. I don't believe the Bears hype, lucky 2 wins will eventually wear thin. I know its dumb but there is a small part of me that still doesn't want to drink Tom Brady's kool-aid and think they will fall apart but that is probably wishfull thinking on ym part. Denver, Oakland, Green Bay, Minnesota are brutal though.

I see your point about Greenbay, but...

... it could be worse we could be playing the Pack when the field is frozen. I doubt that will be the case on November the 4th. They are tough to beat any time of the year at home, but I don't think the Pack is a tough a team as everyone originally thought they were going to be.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Samphin
I would put us over Sand Diego, Baltimore and Chicago easy. I don't believe the Bears hype, lucky 2 wins will eventually wear thin. I know its dumb but there is a small part of me that still doesn't want to drink Tom Brady's kool-aid and think they will fall apart but that is probably wishfull thinking on ym part. Denver, Oakland, Green Bay, Minnesota are brutal though.

As long as Green Bay has Favre, they will be a threat, a meaningful one at that. I agree that they haven't played as well as most predicted them to this season but that doesn't mean they can't kick it up a notch or 2 and become apart of that nfl elite again. Same deal with the Rams, everyone is counting them out when they could easily go 14-2...

NY Jets
at Kansas City
New England
at Denver
Buffalo
Bye Week
at Green Bay
at NY Jets
Baltimore
San Diego
at Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland
at Minnesota
at New England

I know thats why they play the games ,but I see these teams as penciled in for a sure win against them.....

Kansas City
Buffalo
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Minnesota

Re: Re: Tough Schedule from here on out...

Originally posted by WCoastFin

I know thats why they play the games ,but I see these teams as penciled in for a sure win against them.....

Kansas City
Buffalo
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Minnesota

except that KC and Minny as well as 1 game at Buff are on the road where we historically are weaker. Like I said (in another thread) on paper, this Jets game in Sept in Miami s/b one of our easiers games as opposed to Nov. 24 in Buffalo

NY Jets
at Kansas City
New England
at Denver
Buffalo
Bye Week
at Green Bay
at NY Jets
Baltimore
San Diego
at Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland
at Minnesota
at New England

I don't think too many teams can compare their schedule to this...the hardest schedule in the league.

Dang, It's been years since we have played at Arrowhead Stadium, I think the last time we played at KC, they had Steve DeBerg at QB and the runningback with the weird last name.

The toughest part of the schedule IMO

at Kansas City (Arrowhead is a tough place to play)
New England ( nuff said)
at Denver ( Their D seems for real and an away game)
Buffalo ( still a division game)
at Green Bay ( even though we usually win lately, still an away game)
at New York ( away game with our arch nemesis)

I didn't include Sunday's game as its a Sept game at home. (easy for me to say. :rolleyes: ) If we can win 4 of 6 we should be the team to beat. As Chicago and Oakland are at home we just have to sharpen our teeth for the Pats. :p

Re: Re: Tough Schedule from here on out...

Originally posted by WCoastFin

Kansas City
Buffalo
Baltimore
San Diego
Buffalo
Minnesota
Ha,Ha, you might get us once but not twice this ain`t your mothers bills anymore, but keep thinkin that ,I hope the whole team thinks that. Thats when we jump up and bite you, hell, Flappy might even have an unlucky game against the bills( unlike being lucky against us last couple years).and we might even beat you twice!
YOU DO KNOW WE DON`T HAVE ROB JOHNSON ANYMORE don`t you?? Covering MOULDS, PRICE and REED!, SCARY THOUGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom