Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE

Wow. Bills curbstomped the Pats in the playoffs. After watching that gameplan and Allen's mastery of it, it's tough to not want Daboll and Dorsey down here. What were your thoughts fresh off watching that beatdown last night regarding the offensive scheme and how it painted Daboll knowing he's interviewing for HC today?
I wanted us to hire Daboll even before that game and still hope we do

Allen makes plays in different ways. You can't expect Tua or really any other QB to do it the same way.

Allen doesn't have the accuracy and anticipation Tua has, which are a few ways Tua can still be leveraged to "put on a show".
That's how Drew Brees got things done. And Joe Montana. And really Tom Brady and Peyton Manning too.

None of those guys could put on the kind a show (as you put it) that Josh Allen just did. Because they had to make play in different ways. Rarely ever with their legs, except for Montana when he was younger.

With the right offense, coaching and talent around him, Tua's abilities can be maximized in ways some can't imagine right now.
Elway is the best comparison to use for Allen when Allen is on.

I'm already on record not being thrilled by the idea of firing Flores to then hire another unproven 1st time coach in Daboll. At least Flores had 3 years experience to date.

That said, I'm warming up to the idea a bit more. Mostly due to the connection he has w/ Tua and the belief that he'd not only like to work with him but would actually know how to utilize him best.

I still like Dan Quinn the best of all the candidates thus far, but Daboll and McDaniel are rising up my list.

I remain steadfastly skeptical over choosing the path of starting over with a 1st time head coach.
Rightfully so. Miami is about zero for 20 years in finding a good HC. Ross has rolled the dice with a lot of first timers.

With the information coming out on Flores, I do wonder how big of an impact he had on the turnaround. As fans, there are a lot of things we probably will never know.

But if the Dolphins do believe in Tua, and are looking to maximize his talent, Daboll makes sense.

The Bills also have the top ranked defense in the league. So perhaps Ross should just trade for the entire Bills coaching staff. The Bills have rebuild their team the right way with an excellent coaching staff.
This is probably the smartest post on this thread! We need a good GM, and owners who will listen and make **** happen! Open the wallet and get a young go getter like Bills GM Beane. That’s where it all starts friends! Bills did it the right way and now you see the product on the field. Players love the GM and absolutely love their coach. We need to use their formula on rebuilding. Btw, I like Tua a lot but he is NOOOO Josh Allen! Not even close. But we can build a team around Tua and his strengths. Allen owns us as well as Belichick and the pats now too! Unfortunately, the AFCE belongs to them now…. :-(

Would love for him to be the hire. The patience they've had developing Allen over the last four years is EXACTLY what needs to happen for Tua. I'm totally DISGUSTED with the impatience Flores had... with not only Tua but with O'Shea who got a rag-tag offense to average nearly 26 ppg over the second half of Year 1 in a rebuild. That firing was my first clue that Flores was an impatient, arrogant dumbschite. And, btw, Allen's numbers his first two years look quite comparable to Tua's. Year 3 when they gave him Diggs (last year) was the breakout year. 2022! Go Phins!
Reading your first few words had me excited, then you mentioned Tua and just made me roll my eyes. 🙄

Josh allen destroyed the pats not Brian daboll

Josh allens strides came in the offseason after his second year. Accuracy mechanics etc.

Back
Top Bottom