Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE

Flores - in New England when they had Tom Brady
Daboll - coached Josh Allen from a guy who was a 50 percent passer in college and who had the composure of a middle schooler waiting for his dad to fix things when they went wrong, to a guy who is a top level QB in this league.

That QB class that Allen was part of came into the league with more highly rated prospects than any draft since 2012, and the only one that has unquestionably made it from talented prospect to high level NFL QB is the one coached by Daboll.
Nice stuff

Well if we do get him we know he will go right to work on our offensive line .

But we would pretty much know right like we did with Flores?
I believe if they satisfied the rooney rule and wanted to announce it I think they can. But he can't actually do any football things for the fins but maybe get his "staff together", wink wink,lol

I would have no idea what to expect with Daboll. In theory you're supposed to pick an offensive guy in today's NFL. During our winning streak I kept thinking this doesn't mean much anyway because we're not scoring many points. This style does not translate to playoff success. Fast forward to this weekend where the Bengals had 20 points at halftime, the Bills had 27 at halftime, and the Buccaneers 17.

That's what you're dealing with. As great a guy as Tua is, I don't know how you expect his popgun arm to match points when it matters.

I have a very good memory. Brian Daboll was considered a world class jerk with the Bowns and Colt McCoy. Those articles and quotes were all over the place here and on other Dolphin forums when he hired him as offensive coordinator. Somehow now they are shuffled aside as if they never happened. Daboll hasn't faced much adversity lately. Those old indications really make me question how his personality would hold up under the inevitable low moments and national media scrutiny as NFL head coach.

Prefer McDaniel over this guy.

Sounds perfect.

When McCoy arrived in Cleveland after a standout career as a four-year starter at the University of Texas, the third-round draft pick was welcomed with stiff arms by then-coach Eric Mangini and his assistants. Offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, in particular, unleashed a torrent of tough love, except the love part was lost on McCoy and the teammates who observed the regular razzing.

In what became a running joke in the Browns' locker room, Daboll disparaged McCoy loudly and relentlessly – sometimes to his face, sometimes through the earpiece in the quarterback's helmet.

"There were times I had to pull my helmet off to call a play in the huddle," McCoy recalled in an interview earlier this month. "Guys could hear him yelling, and they'd say, 'Just take it off.' People said to me, 'Man, I ain't never seen anything like that. Just hang in there.'"

"I remember [Daboll] yelling into Colt's headset when he was the scout team quarterback, in the two-minute drill, when they were servicing us," recalls veteran linebacker Scott Fujita(notes). "Daboll was talking into the microphone, very animated. I looked at Colt and he said, 'He does that all the time. He's constantly [expletive] me in the headset.'"

Says a Cleveland offensive player: "It happened all the time. Running scout team, you basically look at a play-card in the huddle and run that play – it's not like there's a lot of gray area. And still, Daboll would lose it. One time Daboll was yelling at him as he was running the scout team, into his helmet, and it was the part of the drill that finished practice. As Colt's walking to the team breakdown area, where Mangini is giving his speech, Daboll is still in his ear, screaming. People couldn't believe it."

I would have no idea what to expect with Daboll. In theory you're supposed to pick an offensive guy in today's NFL. During our winning streak I kept thinking this doesn't mean much anyway because we're not scoring many points. This style does not translate to playoff success. Fast forward to this weekend where the Bengals had 20 points at halftime, the Bills had 27 at halftime, and the Buccaneers 17.

That's what you're dealing with. As great a guy as Tua is, I don't know how you expect his popgun arm to match points when it matters.

I have a very good memory. Brian Daboll was considered a world class jerk with the Bowns and Colt McCoy. Those articles and quotes were all over the place here and on other Dolphin forums when he hired him as offensive coordinator. Somehow now they are shuffled aside as if they never happened. Daboll hasn't faced much adversity lately. Those old indications really make me question how his personality would hold up under the inevitable low moments and national media scrutiny as NFL head coach.

Prefer McDaniel over this guy.

Actually, he's generally hailed as a guy who connects with the people and players around him. Josh Allen loves him. He's well liked and at the Bills game, many Patriots coaches sought him out. His personality seems to be his biggest asset so maybe he learned something.

Of course, you have to be worried that when you have Tom Brady and Josh Allen.. it's a lot easier to be well liked and you don't have to yell.

I would like Daboll however if the FO wants HC experience I like Frazier as well.

We were intrigued by Flores when he was the patriots defensive coordinator also . I mean I wouldn't be mad if we got him . He would probly be my 3rd or 4th choice.
I was always confused by that- Flores was never the DC. Play-caller yes, but never given a leadership role.

Actually, he's generally hailed as a guy who connects with the people and players around him. Josh Allen loves him. He's well liked and at the Bills game, many Patriots coaches sought him out. His personality seems to be his biggest asset so maybe he learned something.

Of course, you have to be worried that when you have Tom Brady and Josh Allen.. it's a lot easier to be well liked and you don't have to yell.
This guy did not have Josh Allen. They had a scattershot qb who was a bucket of tools. They turned his tools into what we know as Josh Allen.

NFL coaching job is hell..not for long...blk monday every yr..

except the reason Allen had that much time is he made 3 people miss in the backfield and ran around back there.. it wasn't like it was a clean pocket for that long..
Wrong….He didn’t make anyone miss as I recall….He jogged out of the pocket and had an hour to throw. Allen’s OL kept him totally clean last night. That’s something Tua has never had

Back
Top Bottom