Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tough To Not Want Daboll With Dorsey In The Sidecar After That Defeat Of NE

except the reason Allen had that much time is he made 3 people miss in the backfield and ran around back there.. it wasn't like it was a clean pocket for that long..
Just re-watched it….It was a clean pocket. Like I said…He jogged out of the pocket to his right….Got touched by one defender and threw the ball away and it was caught for a touchdown. Tua has NEVER even had half that much time on a play.

Interesting that there are no leaks from how the interview went anywhere as far as I can tell.

Kind of smart doing to interviews on Game Night it lessens the leaks and even the digging as everyone is watching the games

Just re-watched it….It was a clean pocket. Like I said…He jogged out of the pocket to his right….Got touched by one defender and threw the ball away and it was caught for a touchdown. Tua has NEVER even had half that much time on a play.
You literally agree with me in this very post. Allen shrugged the dude who touched him off.

Daboll had Allen to work with. He’s bigger and faster than our RB’s and he can throw the ball downfield.

I mean they literally won the game with Allen running the ball. Can’t expect that from Tua, nor 20 yard dimes into the wind.

Wrong….He didn’t make anyone miss as I recall….He jogged out of the pocket and had an hour to throw. Allen’s OL kept him totally clean last night. That’s something Tua has never had

It's funny you say this because watching these games I see many of these QB's still playing consistently taking full 5-7-step drops, bouncing up and down a few times then beginning their rhythm throw from a clean pocket with the nearest defender often 2 yards away. Even the times a rusher comes free they still had time to take the drop, hop up and down then get the pass away before the defender was close enough to make contact.

We don't know what that looks like as Dolphins fans. Tua certainly doesn't know what that feels like.

We were intrigued by Flores when he was the patriots defensive coordinator also . I mean I wouldn't be mad if we got him . He would probly be my 3rd or 4th choice.

I remember that. Everyone was singing Flores' praises after the Patriots completely shut down the high-powered Rams offense in the Super Bowl.

I agree with you on this. But having said that, Allen does bail out that offense A LOT.

The play when he ran to his left and had Matthew Judon right in front of him but ran past him as if he was standing still was UNREAL for a QB of his size.

It's the 2nd play of this highlight package below (11 seconds in).

You literally agree with me in this very post. Allen shrugged the dude who touched him off.

He does that to defenders A LOT.

It seemed like it only used to happened to MIA's defense, but he's abusing everyone now.

Big Ben used to be able to do that to buy more time, but clearly lacked the open field speed Allen has.

EXACTLY. Allen had 9.63 seconds to throw the ball on one play last night. I’m pretty sure Tua didn’t have 9.63 seconds total to throw in any half this year. An offensive line is a wonderful thing to have.

His elusiveness and ability to escape helped to buy some of that time. Gotta give him due credit for that.

But he still had more time than Tua usually has before having to buy more time via the escape.

Daboll had Allen to work with. He’s bigger and faster than our RB’s and he can throw the ball downfield.

I mean they literally won the game with Allen running the ball. Can’t expect that from Tua, nor 20 yard dimes into the wind.
I'd be give away a week's pay if a Daboll-led offense could have put on that kind of show with Tua at QB. As much as I dislike Josh Allen as a person, he's an absolutely FREAK as a quarterback. Unless Tua makes leaps and bounds in his growth as an NFL QB (which I'm praying for), I don't expect him to be much more than a pretty good quarterback.

I immediately checked Daboll's background after that win. He definitely has a lot going for him. Worked on the defensive side of the ball early on with New England, was Miami's offensive coordinator in 2011 under Sparano (I don't remember him honestly), coached for Nick Saban and has connections with Tua. Given a lot of credit for developing Allen in Buffalo. Has been with a lot of teams so he could have connections and ties to a lot of assistant coaches. Buffalo's offense has been up and down this year, honestly, but that's kind of the nature of the NFL.

He could be a perfect fit for Tua.

I'm already on record not being thrilled by the idea of firing Flores to then hire another unproven 1st time coach in Daboll. At least Flores had 3 years experience to date.

That said, I'm warming up to the idea a bit more. Mostly due to the connection he has w/ Tua and the belief that he'd not only like to work with him but would actually know how to utilize him best.

I still like Dan Quinn the best of all the candidates thus far, but Daboll and McDaniel are rising up my list.

I remain steadfastly skeptical over choosing the path of starting over with a 1st time head coach.

I'd be give away a week's pay if a Daboll-led offense could have put on that kind of show with Tua at QB. As much as I dislike Josh Allen as a person, he's an absolutely FREAK as a quarterback. Unless Tua makes leaps and bounds in his growth as an NFL QB (which I'm praying for), I don't expect him to be much more than a pretty good quarterback.

Allen makes plays in different ways. You can't expect Tua or really any other QB to do it the same way.

Allen doesn't have the accuracy and anticipation Tua has, which are a few ways Tua can still be leveraged to "put on a show".
That's how Drew Brees got things done. And Joe Montana. And really Tom Brady and Peyton Manning too.

None of those guys could put on the kind a show (as you put it) that Josh Allen just did. Because they had to make play in different ways. Rarely ever with their legs, except for Montana when he was younger.

With the right offense, coaching and talent around him, Tua's abilities can be maximized in ways some can't imagine right now.

If he had 9 seconds to throw, what would he do with that?
Very odd - the guy was super accurate all season and just lost it last 5 starts. He was historically accurate for much of the season. What happened?
Whether it’s on Tua or an effect of constant pressure, when Tua did have time - he seemed rushed and inaccurate. I recall plays on roll outs and stepping up in pocket. He overthrew some, bounced others well short. Maybe everything just caught up

Allen makes plays in different ways. You can't expect Tua or really any other QB to do it the same way.

Allen doesn't have the accuracy and anticipation Tua has, which are a few ways Tua can still be leveraged to "put on a show".
That's how Drew Brees got things done. And Joe Montana. And really Tom Brady and Peyton Manning too.

None of those guys could put on the kind a show (as you put it) that Josh Allen just did. Because they had to make play in different ways. Rarely ever with their legs, except for Montana when he was younger.

With the right offense, coaching and talent around him, Tua's abilities can be maximized in ways some can't imagine right now.
Allen is special , 6’6 , has a bionic arm , very athletic, can run.

Its easy to be in love with an OC fresh off a beatdown of the Pats, but they have a QB that can throw darts with minimal effort and easily break off 25 yard runs without sliding. The Dolphins have a weak arm QB that isnt a threat to run. I suppose he can craft an offense around him, but as we have all pointed out, we need a new OL, RB, and WR for Tua to be successful. Wont matter what scheme he installs. It doesnt work that way.

That said, this is exaclty the kind of reaction we would expect the Dolphins leadership to have. Bring in a guy off a hot game, off the hot team, who coached your QB when he was in college and have him make our QB like the one he had previously. This just makes so much sense and its the most likely scenario.

Im still baffled we havent considered Pederson, at least publicly.
Stop bringing common sense to this thread! I love Tua and I believe we can win with him.

Back
Top Bottom