Trade #6 to Washington | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade #6 to Washington

No Fish, check out my reply to Loco.
Lose Season 3 GIF by Empire FOX

What? So the only rookie WR or QB connection is from those who didn't go to the same school? Where did you learn to argue? Whatsammatta U?

Rocky And Bullwinkle Internet GIF
Ok, cannot come up with examples to support your point. Got it!

You seem to take it way too personal. It is just a matter of football philosophy. There is no win or lose. All I can see is in history of NFL football, college connection between qb and wr did not have examples to support it.

You seem to take it way too personal. It is just a matter of football philosophy. There is no win or lose. All I can see is in history of NFL football, college connection between qb and wr did not have examples to support it.
I didn't take it personally. You said a thing. I countered the thing and have effectively won the argument. Your desire to keep talking about it is just making you look more inaccurate.

I didn't take it personally. You said a thing. I countered the thing and have effectively won the argument. Your desire to keep talking about it is just making you look more inaccurate.
It is funny that someone in the contest declared himself to be the winner, and assume that is the final outcome.
Ok you won. Have a great the rest of the day.

After all the hoops we went thru to get to where we are now I would only consider this trade for a king's ransom. We got 3 firsts and a 3rd to move from 3 to 12 right? Seeing as we are probably the last pit stop to guarantee you get your QB if he is still available at 6 where all the elite talent is located you would want 3 1st round picks with 2 nds thrown in or as mentioned some players of value. That's going to be a lot of squeeze for Washington to swallow.

I have been checking out Washington message boards and few youtubers. They are talking about trading up to top 10 for a QB. We are one of their prime targets. Thet know 1 to 4 will be QB and the teams would not trade down. Cincy doesn't trade. Then its us, and they know Grier likes to deal.

Say we trade with Washington, Bateman should be still available at 18. He is not a bad compensation price at all.

What to get back from Washington would you pull the trigger to trade down?
I don't want to trade down. But if I must, I take their 2021 1 and 2, 2022 1 and 2, and 2023 1. Keep in mind, they are not a good team. Good chance they will not make playoff this year, and next draft would likely land them top 10.
I think they are a good team...I think they win that division going away.

As others have said, it is highly highly doubtful Washington would give up that much value to trade up for the 4th or even 5th best QB. But yes, I think almost everyone takes three 1sts and two 2nds to move down 13 spots.

That said, the Phins showed they valued the difference between the 12th pick and the 6th pick at a full 2022 1st round pick. They clearly have 2-3 guys they don't want to miss out on. Realistically, they are not moving out of six.

As for a receiver not breaking the starting lineup, I think the likes of Pitts, Chase, and Smith are likely to be better than both DVP and Fuller fairly quickly. Plus, both those guys have significant injury history and are unlikely to play a full season anyway. And on top of that, the draft pick isn't just for this next year, it's for 4-5 years and hopefully more. Fuller is on a one year deal and DVP could be let go when his contract is up given his age, injury history, and likely contract demand.

I'd be willing to do it for their 1st and second for the next 3 years. I'd then try to come back up from 18 to 12 or so if Waddle or Smith drops to that point. If not, Bateman at 18, or grab 2 guys in the second.

They’ll have a decent team this year. I expect them to be above .500.

Also no. That’s too far back a drop.

As others have said, it is highly highly doubtful Washington would give up that much value to trade up for the 4th or even 5th best QB. But yes, I think almost everyone takes three 1sts and two 2nds to move down 13 spots.

That said, the Phins showed they valued the difference between the 12th pick and the 6th pick at a full 2022 1st round pick. They clearly have 2-3 guys they don't want to miss out on. Realistically, they are not moving out of six.

As for a receiver not breaking the starting lineup, I think the likes of Pitts, Chase, and Smith are likely to be better than both DVP and Fuller fairly quickly. Plus, both those guys have significant injury history and are unlikely to play a full season anyway. And on top of that, the draft pick isn't just for this next year, it's for 4-5 years and hopefully more. Fuller is on a one year deal and DVP could be let go when his contract is up given his age, injury history, and likely contract demand.
I doubt W would offer that much as well. It is just an idea a W poster mentioned.

Just for argument sick and be more realistic, what if W come to Grier and offer 2021 1 2, 2022 1, and 2023 2. So we are trading down to 19, getting an extra 2 this year, a 1 next year, and a 2 in two year. Would you do it?

Washington can send us their #1 at 19 and Chase Young, plus a #2 this year and #2 next year and they can have #6 overall.

Back
Top Bottom