Trade #6 to Washington | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade #6 to Washington

There is zero chance this happens. We didn’t trade our own 1st next year to move up to 6 just to trade way down. Take a premier talent like Chase and be happy, at some point we have to stop gathering picks for the feature and start supporting our young qb.

I doubt W would offer that much as well. It is just an idea a W poster mentioned.

Just for argument sick and be more realistic, what if W come to Grier and offer 2021 1 2, 2022 1, and 2023 2. So we are trading down to 19, getting an extra 2 this year, a 1 next year, and a 2 in two year. Would you do it?
No. At some point you have to have balls and stick to getting a blue chip player.

I doubt W would offer that much as well. It is just an idea a W poster mentioned.

Just for argument sick and be more realistic, what if W come to Grier and offer 2021 1 2, 2022 1, and 2023 2. So we are trading down to 19, getting an extra 2 this year, a 1 next year, and a 2 in two year. Would you do it?
Tough call. Looking back at the past several drafts, we haven't seen guys like Pitts, Chase, and Smith in a while. I don't follow college football enough to have an idea how talented next year's draft class is, but I'd hate to miss out on one of these guys. Also Washington is in a terrible division and therefore likely to pick around the same spot next year. So the ~19th best player this year and next, and the ~51st best player this year and in 2023; or Pitts/Chase/Smith.

I think most of the time I say yes because that is still insanely good value. But I will say no for a specific reason. Tua. I want to give this guy the best chance to build confidence and succeed. So help now is more valuable for Tua than help in 2022 and 2023. The offense was not good last year and it needs a shot in the arm. Pitts, Chase, or Smith could be just what the doctor ordered.

Keep in mind, Smith, Chase, or Waddle most likely would not crack the starting lineup this year. Fuller and DVP lock down the flankers.
Teams run 3 or more WR's ~70% of the time on average now.

We call having a front 7 your base defense. But it's only run ~25% of the time. The highest run defense by far is Nickel. Nickel and Dime combined are also run around ~70% of the time. This is to counter the number of WR's we now see on the field.

Counting only your 2 top WRs and CBs as your "starters" is outdated. You need weapons, and guys to defend those weapons.

Washington can send us their #1 at 19 and Chase Young, plus a #2 this year and #2 next year and they can have #6 overall.
Heck, Young plus 19 would still be a great deal imo.

I know it would be overpay, but you could use 18 and 19 to trade back into the top 10.

Forget if its good value 2 1sts. I know its not necessarily.In the end if our 3 and 18 turned into say Chase Young and D. Smith would that be a good day?

Heck 3 1sts and 2 2nds everyday. One of those 3 WRS will fall to 10 or so. Let's say Smith is there at 10, offer 18 and Washington's 2nds.

Boom, you now draft Smith, who may have been your target at 3 and got an additional 3 1sts
Also, I know they're simulators. However, if not drafted by Miami or Atlanta, Pitts fell to Chargers 100% of the time for me.

However, I don't for a second believe Washington would offer either of those 2. If they did however, I would never pass up either trade

Also, a trade with Washington would be worth considering imo for a couple reasons.

I understand we lose top offensive talent.

However, if Washington traded up for QB that would ensure NE will not be getting a QB. Next years draft class for QBS is not great I hear.

So the trade would impact NE.

Also, having 18 and 19 could land us Harris/parsons/JOK( my favorite), Bateman/Moehrig.

Pick your 2 favorites.

Let's say they offer their 1st this year next year and their 2nd this year.

You could have the following.
18-Parsons or JOK
19-Harris/Moehrig
36-J Williams
50-Landon Dickerson
51-pick your player or trade.

As much as I would love Smith/Sewell/Pitts etc. I would also love those 5 picks plus an extra 1st next year?

Its not so easy to just say NOPE. Staying at 6.

I have been checking out Washington message boards and few youtubers. They are talking about trading up to top 10 for a QB. We are one of their prime targets. Thet know 1 to 4 will be QB and the teams would not trade down. Cincy doesn't trade. Then its us, and they know Grier likes to deal.

Say we trade with Washington, Bateman should be still available at 18. He is not a bad compensation price at all.

What to get back from Washington would you pull the trigger to trade down?
I don't want to trade down. But if I must, I take their 2021 1 and 2, 2022 1 and 2, and 2023 1. Keep in mind, they are not a good team. Good chance they will not make playoff this year, and next draft would likely land them top 10.
At some point you have to stop F’in around and actually draft some freaking playmakers who can help you QB succeed and of course the whole team. NO more trading that 6th pick please.

Also, a trade with Washington would be worth considering imo for a couple reasons.

I understand we lose top offensive talent.

However, if Washington traded up for QB that would ensure NE will not be getting a QB. Next years draft class for QBS is not great I hear.

So the trade would impact NE.

Also, having 18 and 19 could land us Harris/parsons/JOK( my favorite), Bateman/Moehrig.

Pick your 2 favorites.

Let's say they offer their 1st this year next year and their 2nd this year.

You could have the following.
18-Parsons or JOK
19-Harris/Moehrig
36-J Williams
50-Landon Dickerson
51-pick your player or trade.

As much as I would love Smith/Sewell/Pitts etc. I would also love those 5 picks plus an extra 1st next year?

Its not so easy to just say NOPE. Staying at 6.
We need top offensive talent. I never understand why so many people are so easily to discard that. We haven’t drafted top offensive talent in 20 years. and we haven’t won anything. Nah, let’s draft another fat guy or another player who doesn’t score touchdowns. Let’s set up Tua to fail!

Back
Top Bottom