Trade #6 to Washington | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade #6 to Washington

Keep in mind, Smith, Chase, or Waddle most likely would not crack the starting lineup this year. Fuller and DVP lock down the flankers.
flawed thinking
week 1 fuller is suspended and week 2 one of those 2 will be hurt

We need top offensive talent. I never understand why so many people are so easily to discard that. We haven’t drafted top offensive talent in 20 years. and we haven’t won anything. Nah, let’s draft another fat guy or another player who doesn’t score touchdowns. Let’s set up Tua to fail!
You don't think drafting a RB and Center helps Tua?

You don't have to like my choices. Fine. Pick your own

18-Bateman
19-Toney
36 J Williams
50- Dickerson

There, we helped Tua.

I'm all for helping Tua. But you can't simply say we absolutely need a top offensive talent

Our #6 pick could be the next Yatil Green. If you could turn 6 into 3 starters you have to atleast consider it.

If I remember correctly. NE Won many superbowls with that philosophy. They seemed to always trade down or get future picks. They had a mediocre offense my years. Yet are arguably the most dominant franchise ever. Heck they list the Superbowl the year with Moss. Arguably there best offensive year

Last edited:
Three starters for one.

This is an absolute 'yes' if it's offered, but it may not be offered.

If they say, 3 1s, I say... 'yes'.

Any trade with Washington would need to include Chase Young, he is a monster and would change our defense for yrs. We could go offense with the rest of our picks in the draft. Chase would be a top 3 pick in this draft if he came out this yr. Add to that he has shown he is a beast his first yr in the NFL. To get him and the 19th pick and maybe a little extra sugar for the 6 th pick . Sign me up. Flo and Grier are good at finding talent and I believe in them to draft guys at the mid of the first round that will be as good as the top ten guys. Chase Young, BPA that is falling, Toney. Plus two 2s We could have Slater, Parsons ,oor

You don't think drafting a RB and Center helps Tua?

You don't have to like my choices. Fine. Pick your own

18-Bateman
19-Toney
36 J Williams
50- Dickerson

There, we helped Tua.

I'm all for helping Tua. But you can't simply say we absolutely need a top offensive talent

Our #6 pick could be the next Yatil Green. If you could turn 6 into 3 starters you have to atleast consider it.

If I remember correctly. NE Won many superbowls with that philosophy. They seemed to always trade down or get future picks. They had a mediocre offense my years. Yet are arguably the most dominant franchise ever. Heck they list the Superbowl the year with Moss. Arguably there best offensive year
Interesting fact on J Williams, he was valedictorian of his class with a 4.6 GPA. Doesn't mean much but he is definitely a hard worker.

I have been checking out Washington message boards and few youtubers. They are talking about trading up to top 10 for a QB. We are one of their prime targets. Thet know 1 to 4 will be QB and the teams would not trade down. Cincy doesn't trade. Then its us, and they know Grier likes to deal.

Say we trade with Washington, Bateman should be still available at 18. He is not a bad compensation price at all.

What to get back from Washington would you pull the trigger to trade down?
I don't want to trade down. But if I must, I take their 2021 1 and 2, 2022 1 and 2, and 2023 1. Keep in mind, they are not a good team. Good chance they will not make playoff this year, and next draft would likely land them top 10.
I would not trade the pick until we see who’s there at 6. I’m personally not trading out of Pitts or Jamar Chase.

No way Washington gives up that much to move up for the 5th or 6th best QB in the draft. 1st or 2nd best, maybe. They need too much help at other positions to sell the farm for potential, and that's what you'd be getting in a QB at that position...
This. If Miami had stayed at 3, then that trade option and the compensation mentioned by the OP would come into play.

Why you have to say something like that?
You mentioned earlier that a rookie would not be pushed to start right away this year... yes you have a suspended Wr for game 1 and 3 injury et in Williams Parker and fuller

something’s gotta give, if we draft a wr you can expect him to start at some point this season

You mentioned earlier that a rookie would not be pushed to start right away this year... yes you have a suspended Wr for game 1 and 3 injury et in Williams Parker and fuller

something’s gotta give, if we draft a wr you can expect him to start at some point this season
If we draft a WR/TE at #6 he will start this year out the gate.

I honestly don't get this trading down obsession. We already did once and it keeps us in position for a game changing WR/TE/Hybrid(Pitts). Eventually if we listen to these boards we'll end up with the 26th pick draft a C/G and get an extra 1st in 2014. Might as well trade down from 18 to the early 2nd and pray Javonte Wiliams is available, or Creed Humphrey type. We made our trade, lets stick with our board unless BoB returns.

Getting a top 3 pick is very rare, even a top 6, the fall after 8-10 pretty much has all the potential "blue chips" gone. If you want a roster full of above avg, or avg players go ahead and trade down some more and waste a once in a lifetime Tunsil trade.

I live in the DC area and have heard no talk about them trading up to draft a QB. I've actually heard more of the fact that they may wait a year or two and draft one.

They just signed Heinicke to a deal and I believe they did a deal with Kyle Allen. Those names aren't the reason that they wouldn't draft a QB, but I just have a feeling Rivera isn't at the point of drafting a QB in round one. Talk I hear is they want to see what they have in Henicke/Allen behind Fitz this year.

Back
Top Bottom