Trade #6 to Washington | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade #6 to Washington

tenor.gif

Huge dropoff from Chase PItts Waddle and Smith.

Honestly, Waddle and Pitts are my top 2. Chase is consolation.

All three are better than Parker. If anyone will have trouble cracking the starting lineup if one of those three WR’s is selected at 6, it will be Parker. Considering how often he has nagging injuries. Parker would probably have a more productive and healthy season by coming off the bench as the 3rd or 4th WR than being a starter.
They might be better in the future but not yet

I think they should trade him prior to the draft if their intention is to draft a WR with the 6th pick. Because they signed Fuller and if they draft a WR at 6, this would simply be saying that they don’t have a lot of confidence in Parker as a starting WR.

They should not be drafting a player at 6 if they are going to bring him in to sit on the bench. A player selected that high should be expected to come in and start from day one. Of course Parker may end up starting across from Fuller if the Dolphins decide to draft Sewell or a defensive player at 6.

Perhaps Grier and Flores are happy with just adding Fuller as their #1 WR and they will go in another direction with the sixth pick. A couple of more weeks and we will know if they are going WR or another position with their first draft pick.
Fuller is only on a 1yr deal

I don't agree with the you have to cash your chips in argument when coming to a number of picks. I believe Grier will always be open to wheel and deal. That has accelerated our rebuild by 2 years by the way. More picks equals more maneuverability. I'm all for it. I believe he will facilitate 2 more trades and end up with 5 more impact rookie starters this year.

We are getting a stud at 6 , Pitts , Smith , Sewell, Parsons, Etc. Even if we are wrong and the pick does not turn into an all-pro . They all have great resumes and should at less be a good starter in the NFL. What is crazy is our 2nd pick is at 18. Add a little sugar to our pick we could get 2 of those. Chances are one of those has a hall of fame career. Pitts/ Parson or Collins, Smith/Sewell or Slater. I am so excited to see what we can do on draft day. When was the last time a 10 win team had this much draft capital in a draft. We are set up for this yr, next yr and 2 first the following yr. We are going to be major draft players for the next 3 yrs. Side note it was said the 49ers offered their 1st rd pick to the Jets for Sam Darnold, the Jets wanted to wait to see Wilsons pro day and we snuck in and traded with San Francisco because the Jets were so uncertain about what to do. I love beating the Jets even if it is the off season

I would take that trade, because you'd be stupid not to.

Eventually you need to start drafting blue chip prospects. Not trading out of #6 unless it’s just a couple of spots.

We're most probably not getting an offer like that, but I'd take the OP's trade in a nanosecond. Especially if Pitts is gone by 6. But I know it's a minority opinion. As I've said I'm, in general, a huge trade down proponent, assuming a decent or better return. I don't have the most recent stats, but in the mid 2010's sometime the most trade downs for the most extra picks over a decade had been made by the Patriots and Seahawks, two surpassingly successful teams at the time. It's not always the right move in hindsight, but is the majority of the time.

If you made the trade, nothing says you couldn't trade up a little if Parsons, Smith, or Waddle fell a bit.

Don't buy that at all.
Chase, Smith, Waddle although line up at slot from timt to time, their primary position is at boundary. How can you see the rook push off Parker or Fuller to the bench starting the season? If injury happens, sure, the rook get promotef. But it is not what I was talking about.

Chase, Smith, Waddle although line up at slot from timt to time, their primary position is at boundary. How can you see the rook push off Parker or Fuller to the bench starting the season? If injury happens, sure, the rook get promotef. But it is not what I was talking about.
Neither was I.

Back
Top Bottom