Trade Back, Then... Trade Back Again... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Back, Then... Trade Back Again...

James on the other hand is gonna want over 10mill a year so that gives me pause.

We let him go...let's say.

Now we are short a RG and RT...in the midst of supposedly needing to rebuild the o-line.

How do we remedy the right side of the line and be fiscally responsible while doing so?

If there is a blue chip talent available at 13 like Devin White or Ed Oliver you draft them, if not trade down.
Oliver I feel is a bust. And Devin white to me is good not great. Bosa and Williams are blue chippers.

Now we are short a RG and RT...in the midst of supposedly needing to rebuild the o-line.

How do we remedy the right side of the line and be fiscally responsible while doing so?
It's a problem. On one hand, he's a solid, if not outstanding, player, and that type of $ is the going rate for his position. Seems like a good team mate, and person.

On the other hand, that's a big number for a retooling team, that is going to be writing some big checks to keep Tunsil and Howard.

I would seriously consider the franchise tag for a season, and a third/fourth round pick to possibly find his replacement.

I won't have a big complaint with whatever they do.

The nfl is all about the elite talent. We have little of that. Don’t trade down. Trade up and get a qb, which if it’s a hit, it’s worth more than anything. 2020 draft class is overrated, take one in 2019, then if it doesn’t work out you try again in 2021. Lawrence and look out for fields this year.

Well, it seems like by the time this team is ready to be a contender James could be gone anyway. If we were trying to win now then I'd say keep your players but since we're trying to build from the bottom up then it's easier to let some players go.

It just depends. In general I like trading back. But last year was a perfect example of how you don't always want to do that. Usually you have tiers to a draft. Minkah was the only tier 1 pick left in my opinion at the time.

If a Fitzpatrick is there fine. But others went later just as good like James went 17, Vander Esch after that, Lamar 31st, etc...
Plenty of talent everywhere. This team needs lots of players.

Yea let’s foregoe great talent for more mid round guys because the best coach/QB tandem in the history of the NFL manages to get by alright doing it.

This is an awful idea. We need to stop trying to be the Patriots.

Yeah, sticking with our high picks has been so successful...

I’d be thrilled trading back twice and still landing Zach Allen or Dremont Jones and having 3 second round pics to play with.

Tunsil and Minkah are pretty good players.

If we aren’t a great drafting team it has to do with our scouting department, and bundling mid round picks isnt going to make us any better at it.

I agree but by that logic, I'd take my chances on several early picks than picking Dion Jordan, Parker, James, etc... Better to grab a few Bakers, Grants, etc...

Yea let’s foregoe great talent for more mid round guys because the best coach/QB tandem in the history of the NFL manages to get by alright doing it.

This is an awful idea. We need to stop trying to be the Patriots.

Because teams that continually pick towards the end of each rounds (playoff teams) always miss out on talented players and never draft pro bowlers and teams who continually pick at the top of each round are just constantly drafting all pro players.o_O

I think DE is our rd 1 pick. If we could move down a few spots, that might work, but I certainly don't want to bargain shop on a pass rusher. These days a FA JAG is 12 mil a year.

I think you can find interior guys in later rounds.

Not if we go 3-4

Offensive and defensive lines win.
See Rams earlier and Patriots this game. I pray if Flores brings anything to the table, he brings that philosophy.

Because teams that continually pick towards the end of each rounds (playoff teams) always miss out on talented players and never draft pro bowlers and teams who continually pick at the top of each round are just constantly drafting all pro players.o_O

Well said... (sarcasm)

Back
Top Bottom