TRADE: Bears Trading TE Adam Shaheen To Dolphins For Conditional 6th-Rd Pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TRADE: Bears Trading TE Adam Shaheen To Dolphins For Conditional 6th-Rd Pick

This will end up being a superb trade for Miami.

Everyone named Adam I know is a LeBron James level of athlete, Einstein level of intelligence, and Brad Pitt level of good looks.
Adam - Your honesty and natural modesty are only matched by the size of your ****.
LeBron, Albert and Brad are all envious that you are so blessed.
BTW - Glad you like the Shaheen trade.

Last edited:
I am 101% behind this trade...a 2nd for a late rounder. If he misses then he misses. We blew a 6th rounder in him. Hell. We drafted a long snapper one round later.

He is an injury waiting to happen, but being the gambling man that I am I hope that our OC and quarterbacking is better than what he was working with in Chicago.

Let's remember trubisky was his quarterback. Who knows what he can actually do.

That entire Bears offense was a dumpster fire from the get go last year. Trubisky wasn't really good but out of the entire roster of players, some of whom had been successful before, the only one the Bears seemed to do anything with last year was Allen Robinson - and that's because the guy just outmans everyone. Somehow Nagy forgot how to use Tarik Cohen or any other offensive creative for that matter. They sent Jordan Howard to the Eagles and couldn't run the ball for anything afterwards.

A change of scenery might work for Shaheen, if not it really hurts nothing.

Sounds like Mike G insurance, excellent. He's making the roster if healthy because we need a second athlete at TE. Smythe is a good blocker but if Mike went down we were f***** up until now, hopefully...

When you look at his high school basketball highlights (at 6'6 200 pounds) you can understand te Gesicki comparisons. His college and pro tape at 280 pounds looks atheletic for his size, but nor Gesicki like. If he's going to stick it's going to be because he's using that 280 pounds to block somebody in additiion the anything he brings as a receiver.

When you look at his high school basketball highlights (at 6'6 200 pounds) you can understand te Gesicki comparisons. His college and pro tape at 280 pounds looks atheletic for his size, but nor Gesicki like. If he's going to stick it's going to be because he's using that 280 pounds to block somebody in additiion the anything he brings as a receiver.

True, blocking is always nice. But when I look at the other TEs on the roster i don't recognize any athletes being much better than the slow Smythe which is unacceptable. If Mike goes down we need a legit athlete who can take over, other than this new guy I cant imagine who that would be so I love this move.

True, blocking is always nice. But when I look at the other TEs on the roster i don't recognize any athletes being much better than the slow Smythe which is unacceptable. If Mike goes down we need a legit athlete who can take over, other than this new guy I cant imagine who that would be so I love this move.

I just think if people are expecting Shaheen to look like a Gesicki type athlete they're going to be disappointed. He moves well for 280 pounds, but he is still lumbering. Much more of a Gronk body type than Aaron Hernandez type. Not saying Gronk the player or athlete, just Gronk like size.

Gesicki, Smythe and Shaheen might not be the worst three TE's a club could have.

I actually like Michael Roberts too. And I almost completely forgot that Chris Myarick was still on the roster. I wouldn't be shocked if the de they signed with the thought of moving him to tight end didn't last more than another week or two. No going to have the camp time to work with that type of project.

I kinda liked him coming out, he definitely has potential. Our TE room is pretty thick with potentials though. I'm all for it at the 6th round price, and we can afford the salary, but I'd say he's more of an opportunity than filling a need. He's very big, and athletic for his size, so he's worth a flier. Hopefully he can put it together. It usually takes TE's a while to adjust to the NFL, so we'll see.

(I believe) We had 10 picks in 2021 including 2 6ths. Not like our TE depth chart was particularly stacked prior to this trade. Could see him being the backup TE this year ahead of Smythe. Seems like another example of Grier and Flores taking a shot on a player who was drafted highly and never lived up to expectations (Taco; Nkemdiche). Small chance he puts it all together for Miami and lives up to the athletic billing; doubtful but a small chance. Solid B move, no problem with this trade.

Back
Top Bottom